Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't ever pretend to know what brett is saying, or alluding to, or inferring, etc.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Tha is so off honestly. You have a high profile professional sports player and you want to keep it hush hush by blogging? Really seems to be naive at best because it got him suspended.

Look I see it as revenge or she got bad advice from her religious peers. The whole higher ground bleed with it.

That is why I am skeptical about this. It makes no sense. Has kids with the guy that you can sue him for child support. But no you attack his ability to make more net thus screwing your children?

So off it makes no sense at all.

So real bad advice or she is a self centered nut job.

The fact he maybe a complete ass hole is besides the point here. Sometimes shut up. Get out. Let him make his cash and absorb your share and let it go.

What she did makes her suspect.

You're just now a good person.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Going to be real bad if it comes out that he's lying. I hope he's being truthful.

Not sure it gets much worse for him than it already is outside of the authorities getting involved. One would think however if there was evidence of physical abuse it would have came out by now. I'm not a lawyer but presumably if he did beat her that would have helped her in her divorce settlement.

Where I'm at right now is what if she never goes to the cops? And what if she doesn't cooperate with MLB's new investigation? What then? Given her previous lack of cooperation it wouldn't surprise me at all if she just "wants to move forward with her life." If she does that she never has to substantiate her claims. People who believe Russell beat her are still going to believe that. What does MLB do? What do the cubs do? If he truly did nothing what does Russell do to get his good name back? He just really has to sit there and take it because if he attacks her via the media he just looks worse.

I honestly think that may be what happens because as I said to start, if there were evidence I think we'd know by now. Lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean nothing happened. However, that goes both ways because it also doesn't mean it went down how she says it did. The truth probably is between their two version of events.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If it doesn't go any further than this, then it's hard for me to really believe her. The whole blog thing just doesn't sit well with me. I'd really like to see a thorough investigation.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
If it doesn't go any further than this, then it's hard for me to really believe her. The whole blog thing just doesn't sit well with me. I'd really like to see a thorough investigation.

The truth doesn't matter. One accused of wife beating, people are ruined.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He is still denying it.

She posted it in a blog vs going to the authorities.

Honestly any proof would have healed. Witness can be suspect and hear say.

Then it comes down to video proof or other hard evidence.

The fact that she did nothing deweaponized her. The proof of abuse left. So unless she has photo evidence time stamped and documentation it is all hear say in court.

I’ve stood jury enough times to know the ritual. Getting 10 to agree on anything is impossible. Unless you have hard evidence of him striking her and documentation of a medical nature following it won’t hold up.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
This is the worst state of affairs for everyone involved. Russell's wife doesn't get proper justice (though her choice not to press charges), MLB has to deal with an impossible situation because she's still not cooperating (?), the Cubs look like uncaring asshats for continuing to keep him on the team due to labor rules, and Russell is left twisting in the wind with no way to clear his name--until his wife decides to cooperate, any investigation will just be "incomplete". The left will use this to virtue signal and the right will use it to impugn Russell's wife as a liar. Everyone loses.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This is the worst state of affairs for everyone involved. Russell's wife doesn't get proper justice (though her choice not to press charges), MLB has to deal with an impossible situation because she's still not cooperating (?), the Cubs look like uncaring asshats for continuing to keep him on the team due to labor rules, and Russell is left twisting in the wind with no way to clear his name--until his wife decides to cooperate, any investigation will just be "incomplete". The left will use this to virtue signal and the right will use it to impugn Russell's wife as a liar. Everyone loses.

Sure there is, he can file a defamation of character lawsuit if he is truly innocent. Him not doing that also makes it seem like he is hiding something. Does he have custody with his children? You would not want a woman in this state of mind raising your children would you? Things that are not happening are what lets one read between the lines.

So its either filing some kind of charges, some civil court case, or defamation cases on either side so instead of the man being tried and convicted, bloggers might get some sense of what is right and wrong to post.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Sure there is, he can file a defamation of character lawsuit if he is truly innocent. Him not doing that also makes it seem like he is hiding something. Does he have custody with his children? You would not want a woman in this state of mind raising your children would you? Things that are not happening are what lets one read between the lines.

So its either filing some kind of charges, some civil court case, or defamation cases on either side so instead of the man being tried and convicted, bloggers might get some sense of what is right and wrong to post.

He will have to spend time in court if he files a defamation case. I don't know anyone who enjoys spending time testifying. And even if he wins, he will be paying himself back with his own money.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
If she goes to the cops she loses any control over the process and most likely gets jerked around by the system and media. And while his career is hanging by a thread either way, I doubt there's enough evidence to charge him with anything.

This way she controls the message and doesn't have to answer questions if she doesn't want to. If he abused her, it's lose-lose because he did, not because of how she responded.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He gone....
Just saw this
d33381e723098fb668e975ba60fe6d91.jpg

You are the very example of overreactionary people that other posters have made reference to.

You just came to the conclusion that he is surely gone because the Cubs support an investigation. That is nuts.

But what is worse is that you decided long ago that the Cubs would trade him because of his play on the field, and you see this as the path to him actually being a Cub no longer. And somehow you see this as validation of your mistaken contention that he’d be gone because he wasn’t good emough. They are completely unrelated, but you are cheering this on “ to be right”, which you aren’t.

Go join the women of Twitter who want all accused men punished immediately with no due process. Accusations alone are enough to ruin careers.

Say an actor abused you and he never works again.

Make no mistake: I DO believe abuse is widespread and I DO support punishment of the guilty.

But we are in a climate of “screw the trial, let’s get to the hanging”.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are the very rxample of overreactionary people that other posters have made reference to.

You just came to the conclusion that he is surely gone because the Cubs support an investigation. That is nuts.

But what is worse is that you decided long ago that the Cubs would trade him because of his play on the field, and you see this as the path to him actually being a Cub no longer. And somehow you see this as valudation of your mistaken contrntion that he’d be gone because he wasn’t good emough. They are completely unrelated, but you are cheering this on “ to br right”, which you aren’t.

Go join the women of Twitter who want all accused men punished immediately with no due process. Accusations alone are enough to ruin careers.

Make no mistake: I DO believe abuse is widespread and I DO support punishment of the guilty.

Doing the count down to the usual 55 dumb response.....5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well spoken TL. I really don’t know how the Rickett’s will approach this honestly. That family seems pretty progressive in general and it is hard to gauge it. If any guess is made it will let due process run before interfering

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You are the very example of overreactionary people that other posters have made reference to.

But what is worse is that you decided long ago that the Cubs would trade him because of his play on the field, and you see this as the path to him actually being a Cub no longer. And somehow you see this as validation of your mistaken contention that he’d be gone because he wasn’t good emough. They are completely unrelated, but you are cheering this on “ to be right”, which you aren’t.

Overreaction?????
The guy been accused twice now of the abuse.
First from the wife best friend last year, which wasn't investigated only because the accusation came from a 3rd party and not the abused (wife).
And now, the wife has come out and accused him of it, so now the situation will be investigated.

You can call me names and crack a joke all you want, but you obviously haven't read into the situation.

There a 99.9% chance that she not going to file charges against him.
Why? Because unless she has actual physical evidence, like photos, medical reports, witnesses etc.
She has no proof that he actually did it.
Doesn't mean he didn't do it, Just makes it hard for them to convict him of it if he did.
So
The alternative was for her to just come out and open up to what happened to her as she did through a blog.
Now it basically becomes whom do you believe her or Addison

We will never know the real truth unless either admits their lying now, but it something that going to be on everyone minds as they deal with Addison going forward...
Did he or didn't he?

So

Unlike Chapman where his situation was over and he served his suspension and he and his girlfriend stayed together, this is fresh and no matter the outcome it not going to be something they (Russell, management , teammates) simply just move on from and continue doing what they do like nothing happened...

Addison going to need time to deal with the situation whether it through justice system and or MLB...

He going to need to get his personal life back in order, get his situation with his kids in order...
Im sure there has to be visitation restrictions and order of protection stuff going on now.

Baseball life for Addison Russell is on a long pause right now and will probably be a while before he can return to it as a normal everyday living.

Why i strongly feel, management will make the decision to move on from him and let him deal with what important....

Hope that helped you and your little friends who thank you and joined in on your assault..

Here an article i saw today...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...bs-addison-russell-future-20180921-story.html

The fresh allegations from Reidy-Russell could convince the Cubs he’s not worth keeping.
Epstein said he contacted MLB after reading Reidy-Russell’s blog late Thursday night, and he and Ricketts spoke to league officials before informing Russell of his status in a face-to-face meeting at their Wrigley Field offices.
In a statement released through the MLB Players Association later, Russell reaffirmed his denial of the allegations: “These allegations are completely false. I made that clear to Major League Baseball last year and reiterated it to the Cubs today. I’m confident any full and fair investigation will fully exonerate me. The protection of my children is foremost in my mind so I will have no further comment. "
Epstein informed the players of Russell’s status and said they take these allegations very seriously.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He hasn't been accused twice, it's the same instance.