CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oct 6th who wins

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am betting on Khabib.... I doubt McGOAT can stop the takedown.

Al Iaquinta showed that if you work your ass off on takedown defense, it is possible to stop some of Khabib's takedowns or limit the damage and stay in the fight.

McGOAT has never been a guy who works his ass off, especially with grappling.

If he can keep it at distance and strike before Khabib gets a hold of him, I think he can KO Khabib.

I think the chances of that are like 0.00000000000000000000000000000001%

I will root for a LMFAO McGOAT KO, but I think Khabib will take him down, tire him out, and beat him into a TKO.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If it stays up Connor will pick Khabib apart, but if Khabib takes him down it will be a 5 round snooze fest

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If it stays up Connor will pick Khabib apart, but if Khabib takes him down it will be a 5 round snooze fest

If Khabib gets him down the fight will last 1, maybe 2 rounds.

If it stays standing, McGOAT likely connects and finishes Khabib.

McGOAT isn't really much of a point fighter.... he times you and lines up shots that put you to sleep.

His one major weapon is his left hand and his ability to land it the right way to hit that button and rock/KO guys.

His left hand reminds me at times of Anderson Silva's ability to put punches on target so precisely that they rocked guys.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I think GOAT will catch him with the left cross, hopefully Khabib has less glass in his chin than Jose Aldo.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think GOAT will catch him with the left cross, hopefully Khabib has less glass in his chin than Jose Aldo.

One thing to remember is Aldo fights 145.... there is a size difference.

Although McGOAT had power at 155 against Alvarez, so maybe it doesn't matter too much.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Wonder to what extent GOAT is working on his takedown D, I do expect him to be better rounded than he has shown in the past.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I was totally in the middle on this one before the staredown.

I didn't realize Khabib is a noticeably larger and taller man....

I am going Khabib, but there is a big chance he gets caught if he hasn't worked on footwork/head movement, etc. His standup looked sloppy against Michael Johnson.

Connor has no answers if it goes to the ground, none. He'll get absolutely mauled.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Wonder to what extent GOAT is working on his takedown D, I do expect him to be better rounded than he has shown in the past.

I think you have to work like your fucking life depends on it to build takedown defense that can even delay Khabib.

McGOAT has never been that kind of hard worker.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I think you have to work like your fucking life depends on it to build takedown defense that can even delay Khabib.

McGOAT has never been that kind of hard worker.

I agree.

I can fractionally relate to his situation, well about 1% of it. I'm well past prime and broken now for the most part, but i dabbled in all the disciplines. Standup and grappling are the easiest, and arguably GOAT is only expert in striking and grapple defense. BJJ is the real shit and where Khabib is nasty, I undertook the art and quickly realized it was too involved and I could/would not allocate the time necessary to get respectable in it. Same for GOAT - between his shitty Irish whiskey, endorsements, training in striking & grappling, he will never have time to reach a level that won't be finished on the ground by that commie assassin.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree.

I can fractionally relate to his situation, well about 1% of it. I'm well past prime and broken now for the most part, but i dabbled in all the disciplines. Standup and grappling are the easiest, and arguably GOAT is only expert in striking and grapple defense. BJJ is the real shit and where Khabib is nasty, I undertook the art and quickly realized it was too involved and I could/would not allocate the time necessary to get respectable in it. Same for GOAT - between his shitty Irish whiskey, endorsements, training in striking & grappling, he will never have time to reach a level that won't be finished on the ground by that commie assassin.

To be clear I think McGOAT has a chance in this fight.

But it is like a 5-10% chance.... he has to line Khabib up and plant his left hand on the chin and KO or rock him, within like the first 10-20 seconds.

I am assuming Khabib will just rush McGOAT and try to force the grappling immediately.... if McGOAT thinks he can survive that and get space a 2nd time, he is kidding himself.

I don't see this fight going very long unless McGOAT rocks Khabib and Khabib gets a hold of him and hangs on for 30-45 seconds trying to clear the cobwebs.

Of course I've been dead wrong before, lol they both could do the feel out thing and do almost nothing for an entire round.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I called the first Diaz/McGaot fight.

I'm taking Connor in this one. He will catch Khabib coming in. Here is another thing I didnt think aboot; what if Khabib doesn't make weight

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I called the first Diaz/McGaot fight.

I'm taking Connor in this one. He will catch Khabib coming in. Here is another thing I didnt think aboot; what if Khabib doesn't make weight

Then they fight and Connor gets like 50% of Khabib's purse.

Unless he misses weight like a bullshit amount, like he walks in there at 180lbs of muscle.

Then McGOAT will tell him to fuck off, and so would I.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know he gets the purse goof. I'm just saying it would be somewhat fitting that something squirrelly happens

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know he gets the purse goof. I'm just saying it would be somewhat fitting that something squirrelly happens

I love that you said squirrelly

SQUIRREL FUNNY

BIGFOOT SMASH

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I knew you would like that

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dominated. White mad his golden goose got his egg smashed.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly what I expected as far as the fight outcome.

Khabib jumping out the of the cage and assaulting someone? Crazy

Khabib's team jumping McGOAT inside the cage? Crazy

See you in 18 months Khabib

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um. None of that was real. Dana is taking notes from Vince McMahon. The UFC has entered the WWE era.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No different than Connor attacking the bus of Khabib's people.

Payback's a bitch. White let Connor fight after he attacked fellow fighters. You reap what you sow.