IST: Cubs @ White Sox

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
I think Machado is also really good friends with Baez. Not 100% on that though.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Machado is also really good friends with Baez. Not 100% on that though.

Probably but I mention Almora because like they played little league together and what not that's how close they are.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I hope Cubs don't cave to public pressure in letting Russell go. If he's guilty, give him a lengthy suspension to save face with the public but let's hold on to him.

I thought they were hoping his value went back up after last June. Trading him last off season lost too much value. Now its going to drop again. This years argument could have been that its time for Baez to move his MVP ass to SS, and it probably still will be, but now its because they want Russell gone.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Probably but I mention Almora because like they played little league together and what not that's how close they are.

Machado and Almora are best friends.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I hope Cubs don't cave to public pressure in letting Russell go. If he's guilty, give him a lengthy suspension to save face with the public but let's hold on to him.

You are a disgusting human being.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I was thinking about the cubs offense and something occurred to me as a potential solution. Cubs need to add some speed. Baez is the only player this year with over 10 steals and a problem with Baez is probably always going to be his OBP(.327 this year). This year it's good but we're not talking about a guy in the .350's who's constantly on. I don't say that to knock him just that my point here is he's often not on base enough to truly use his speed.

Anyways to get back to my point, when the cubs go through funks they can't create their own scoring opps. When Baez does get on we've seen his speed allow him to take second and often create scoring situations that otherwise wouldn't exist. I think that's part of the problem when they have trouble scoring. Some nights you're just not going to get a lot of hits. In those situations you need to be able to increase your scoring opps on the base paths.

The problem I see is i'm not sure there's an easy answer for that this offseason. Most of the guys you'd actually want with speed probably aren't getting traded. So, I'm not entirely sure how you address that. I suppose you just add decent speed guys where you can and hope it adds up rather than going big on one sb guy.
Theyve been needing speed in the lineup the last 2 years

What has helped them has been being smart aggressive baserunners, but as you said they dont really have what it takes to generate a run or play small ball when they need to..

Base stealing, hitting the opposite way to move runners over, and bunting just not in their arsenal

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ok, I'll just support sexual assault instead like others in here... that seems to be accepted.
Sexual assault isn't at issue in this case. Grow up. There is no proof of anything happening. Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy? Your sexual McCarthyism is shameful. Justice deserves to be served here, not mob mentality. If an investigation is done and Russell is guilty, so be it. You don't have any idea at all if the allegations the ex has made are true. Without evidence no one knows except the 2 people directly involved and that's Russell and his ex.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sexual assault isn't at issue in this case. Grow up. There is no proof of anything happening. Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy? Your sexual McCarthyism is shameful. Justice deserves to be served here, not mob mentality. If an investigation is done and Russell is guilty, so be it. You don't have any idea at all if the allegations the ex has made are true. Without evidence no one knows except the 2 people directly involved and that's Russell and his ex.

Please keep politics out of the Cubs forum.

Thanks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ok, I'll just support sexual assault instead like others in here... that seems to be accepted.

Since the Unbans, you are ruining both the Cubs and Bears forums. And seem immensely proud to do so.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grimson is a troller. Just ignore him. None of his post will be about the topic. Its just about reactions. He is a nerd. Move on with yalls day.