IST: Cubs @ White Sox

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Let’s talk baseball instead. Schwarber looks good. If he’s hot for awhile it’s a huge boost to this lineup.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There is an entire thread specifically for the Russell situation. Can you three boneheads discussing it here please take it there?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let’s talk baseball instead. Schwarber looks good. If he’s hot for awhile it’s a huge boost to this lineup.

Thank you for trying to steer these creepy rapist apologists back to baseball talk, much appreciated.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see a great Hendricks outing and the bats backing him up. Wish the Brewers would lose one here once in awhile!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
2 edge sword. Every win means a worse draft pool. The bottom is tighter than the top.

Winning means less than losing for them this year.

Normally yes, but this time around, we've basically locked in the third position. I would have taken another win or two.

Congrats on finishing us off and more importantly getting closer to another division title.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
This thread needs to be moved to B&I.

I worked with the High School and my Church all weekend, come in here to catch up and basically a wasted IST. Thanks.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Something else I was thinking about re: the machado FA talks we had before this thread utterly devolved is that Machado was traded in season. Harper wasn't. Harper's going to cost the team that signs him a first round pick Machado just costs money

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Something else I was thinking about re: the machado FA talks we had before this thread utterly devolved is that Machado was traded in season. Harper wasn't. Harper's going to cost the team that signs him a first round pick Machado just costs money

I thought the rules changed?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I thought the rules changed?

Maybe I'm wrong about it being a first round pick. Now that you mention it I believe it might only be a 2nd but point here is that one player still will cost additional resources.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:

I wonder if Cubs had known about Russell earlier if they would have gone harder after Machado. He'd look really good right now and Dodgers wouldn't look nearly as tough an out.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Cubs had known about Russell earlier if they would have gone harder after Machado. He'd look really good right now and Dodgers wouldn't look nearly as tough an out.

they had nothing to offer

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Happ, Russell, Schwarber

That wouldn't have done Baltimore any good unless you're talking a three-way trade. Those guys would all be long gone before they're ready to compete again in 5-6 years. Besides if you look at what Machado has done in LA and then what Schwarber and Happ have done, even if they haven't been great, and this team would be worse right now had you made that deal.