How many players on defense get Pro Bowl nods?

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last season we had a good defense. We weren't getting credit with bad record. This season when we finish 10-6 we'll be given a lot more credit 7 pro bowlers

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure about the popularity contest, but I think Roquan has a great shot at NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year. He is going to mop up so many tackles it's ridiculous. So many big dogs in front of him and he will use his burst and closing speed to tackle everything in sight.

It's a good year to be a Chicago Bears fan.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure about the popularity contest, but I think Roquan has a great shot at NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year. He is going to mop up so many tackles it's ridiculous. So many big dogs in front of him and he will use his burst and closing speed to tackle everything in sight.

That and he shows great instincts. Dude's first play ever was a sack

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I made sure all my buddies knew that! What a time to be alive!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If I were a betting man, I’d say Mack is the only one.

Hicks will deserve it, I’m sure, just as he deserved it last year. But if he missed it last year, I don’t see him making it this year.

With the way the national media slobbers over Kyle Fuller, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make it if he has a somewhat strong season. But all things being equal, I doubt it.

I suppose if Roquan beasts out, he could make it. Lot of unknowns there, though, at least for the current year.

I don’t see anyone else coming close. Not Trevathan. Not Jackson. Not Amos. Even though I do think those guys are good, this is the Bears we’re talking about here. I wouldn’t expect the powers that be taking more than one, maayyybbeee two, of our guys.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mack
Hicks
Roquan
Maybe Floyd if he plays better without the club
Goldman
Prince
Amos

We are legitimately discussing Prince Amukamara and Pro Bowl in the same sentence.

He may be the weakest link - or 2nd - on the entire D.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We are legitimately discussing Prince Amukamara and Pro Bowl in the same sentence.

He has been pretty good actually

mecha

Liked Posts:

I like Amukamara, but that would be a major injustice if he gets it after all the years Tillman got snubbed.

I'm on the "wait and see" bandwagon.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like Amukamara, but that would be a major injustice if he gets it after all the years Tillman got snubbed.

I'm on the "wait and see" bandwagon.

Tillman got ZERO love and i never understood why

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

it'll be hard to beat out D. Ward from CLE. he has been tearing it up

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think the number of wins, which leads to more recognition, plays a fairly large deal. Last year we had some nice talent that was overlooked...Hicks and Howard (on offense) should have been in, no questions asked. But the second half of the season had no meaning and our team was completely disregarded in any worthwhile conversations. So I say that we will wait to see how the season unfolds. We have talent, but I think it is important that we are still relevant come December.

We will have to make our own noise, though. I think outside of the Thanksgiving games we don't have another primetime game...even considering Thursdays game. If we don't force ourselves into playoff conversations in November/December, we will be long forgotten...