Besides this 1 play...what is your biggest WTF BEARS moment?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Pretty much any Bears vs GB game in recent history; when the Bears have at least a somewhat chance to win the game and to the befuddlement of all, the Bears D allows GB's top WR to run uncovered through the D, catch a ball and run for a TD.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
When GM Phil Emery hired a coach from Canada (Marc Trestman) over the NFL COY (Bruce Arians).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Besides Conte blowing the coverage and letting Randall Cobb score that division clinching touchdown......as I am guessing that will be most #1 answers....

What is your biggest WTF BEARS!?!?!?! moment?

I thought, and I could be wrong, that Conte was absolved of that mistake.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Besides Conte blowing the coverage and letting Randall Cobb score that division clinching touchdown......as I am guessing that will be most #1 answers....

What is your biggest WTF BEARS!?!?!?! moment?

Conte never blew the play. It was not on him at all.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Perry getting flagged for picking Payton up. How can you get illegal use of hands for carrying your own teammate?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Well....prove me wrong. I'm ok to look at substantial evidence and change my stance.

I don't carry proof on me but it was made clear after the game. A CB blew the coverage and Conte was trying to get over to cover the mistake but was too far away. The film was pretty clear about who screwed up. I'm not net savvy enough to find proof without spending hours looking. But it was clear and it was not Conti who screwed up.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
IIRC someone audibled during that play but there weren't supposed to be any audibles. I'll just blame Mel Tucker and call it a day.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Perry getting flagged for picking Payton up. How can you get illegal use of hands for carrying your own teammate?

He picked him up and threw him over the goal line, lol. Not allowed to do that.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Big WTF moment was Bears vs. Green Bay in 2002 when Bears CB Roosevelt Williams intercepted a pass with no time left in the first half. It was going to be about a 90 yard interception return for a TD and he was running full speed to the end zone with literally no one on the TV screen except for him. Then out of nowhere comes Javon Walker to make the tackle from behind. Roosevelt Williams must have been the slowest CB in NFL history for that to happen to him.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
How about the phantom hold on Johnny Knox/Hester trick punt return against the packers? To this day that is the greatest trick play design I have ever seen and it was wasted thanks to a terrible call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How about the phantom hold on Johnny Knox/Hester trick punt return against the packers? To this day that is the greatest trick play design I have ever seen and it was wasted thanks to a terrible call.

The flag for holding was on the field, not within 5 yards of any player. Typical BS. (My brother correctly pointed out that when there is a critical call at Lambeau, somehow no replay is available to ever show the infraction.)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Great call. Winner.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I see your Peter, and raise you Mike Tomczak! (I actually thought he would be okay!)