Does Trubisky have a Brain for QB?

swz01

Liked Posts:
No man. It’s obvious it’s all hollow in there. Grimson said so.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I dont need fo convince you. Just watch fhe games for yourself. Are you saying in all of those trips to the redzone, nobody is getting open?

I posted this elsewhere, but it is relevant here:

Here is one (of many) examples of how stupidity leads to piss-poor QB play.

We have 3 receivers left (Cohen, Gabriel, and Robinson), and Burton split right. Howard is in the backfield with Trubs, but will run an out route. The Cardinals are in a straight Cover 2 zone.

2qlqsue.gif

On the Snap, Trubisky immediately eyes his primary Target (Burton)

xo1g6f.jpg

At this point, the defender (Peterson) hs picked up Trubisky's eye's and begins to jump the route.

2m3fhuw.gif

With plenty of time and goo protection, Trubs throws to Burton. Note there were 3 better options, including an intermediate option (Gabriel) who had broken past the LB's into the soft spot in the zone.

95v4ll.gif

Ball easily knocked away...

308ytf8.gif

So let's go over what he did wrong:

1) Didn't recognize they were in basic Cover 2 zone.
2) Stared down his Primary
3) Threw to the only covered receiver
4) Threw to the receiver who ran a route into the zone of the best DB on the field.
5) Didn't go through a single progression to see that all 4 of his other receivers were open
6) Didn't trust his line protection - which was stellar
7) Ignored a pre-snap read that there was a mismatch in the zone on the other side as we had Cohen, Robinson and Gabriel going against a FS, a CB playing a deep zone, and a LB.

All of the above issues are mental issues.

On the next play, Nagy called a bubble screen for a short gain. On the next which was third and long, the Cardinals dialed up a blitz and Trubisky coughed up the ball.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

We have 3 receivers left (Cohen, Gabriel, and Robinson), and Burton split right. Howard is in the backfield with Trubs, but will run an out route. The Cardinals are in a straight Cover 2 zone.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2qlqsue.gif

xo1g6f.jpg

At this point, the defender (Peterson) hs picked up Trubisky's eye's and begins to jump the route.

2m3fhuw.gif

With plenty of time and goo protection, Trubs throws to Burton. Note there were 3 better options, including an intermediate option (Gabriel) who had broken past the LB's into the soft spot in the zone.

95v4ll.gif

308ytf8.gif

4) Threw to the receiver who ran a route into the zone of the best DB on the field.
5) Didn't go through a single progression to see that all 4 of his other receivers were open
7) Ignored a pre-snap read that there was a mismatch in the zone on the other side as we had Cohen, Robinson and Gabriel going against a FS, a CB playing a deep zone, and a LB.

On the next play, Nagy called a bubble screen for a short gain. On the next which was third and long, the Cardinals dialed up a blitz and Trubisky coughed up the ball.

You should make a new thread with this post. People get all on my case for giving Trubisky a hard time, but this is the shit that concerns me. In 15 games, he's doing or not doing shit that college QBs do, not starting NFL QBs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

2qlqsue.gif

xo1g6f.jpg

2m3fhuw.gif

95v4ll.gif

308ytf8.gif

Sounds like you’re just a parrot.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You should make a new thread with this post. People get all on my case for giving Trubisky a hard time, but this is the shit that concerns me. In 15 games, he's doing or not doing shit that college QBs do, not starting NFL QBs.

Thanks HB. I may. But I've been going through shit tons of his plays. This is just one example. There are so many over the first 3 weeks. Even when he's completing passes. He's often missing the wide open intermediate and deeper routes.

Whats really frustrating about this play is how basic it was defensively.

Straight Cover 2 zone nickel. No mugging the line. No way the CB's or S's are going to blitz. 4 down linemen playing straight one-gap.

This is shit he should have seen a thousand times from pop-warner on. And yet, he seemingly had no idea what the D was.

His mind doesn't seem to be able to process things at game speed.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

2qlqsue.gif

xo1g6f.jpg

2m3fhuw.gif

95v4ll.gif

308ytf8.gif

Terrible decision...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This is shit he should have seen a thousand times from pop-warner on. And yet, he seemingly had no idea what the D was.

And yet sometime around the Bengals game last year he seemed to see those deeper WRs and was able to hit them with ease.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
And yet sometime around the Bengals game last year he seemed to see those deeper WRs and was able to hit them with ease.

Hmm....

Let's take a look at that. Here are Trubs stats from the Cinci game on.

fyfnkz.gif

So, after the Cinci game, he averaged a QB rating in the 70's. Which is where he is for his career and where he is this year. His completion percenteage dropped. His Int's went up. In watching some game film, he looked liek a deer in head lights.

I'm wondering if the Cinci game was an indication of his improvement or an anomaly?

I'm going with the latter.

I say he regressed after that week. Or just had a lucky week against a team that had just played their fucking asses off and lost against a divisional team that sealed that they were no longer in line to compete in the division.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Had AR... threw behind...
Had Gab... overthrow...
Even overthrown on the fade...

Just terrible.

This implies he's not accurate. While true because he seems to have a case of happy feet, I would argue, per the Op, his in-game thought processing is not fast enough. He does not have a quick brain.

He is Jay Cutler without the strong arm.

Jay had to see it before he threw it. Usually, if you are seeing it, so is the D. But Jay could sling.

Mitch can't sling.

So we downgraded.

Look at Cutlers shitty stats last year. then look at Trubs.

No one wanted Jay anymore. But no one wanted to downgrade from him.

So far, it looks like we did.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Hmm....

Let's take a look at that. Here are Trubs stats from the Cinci game on.

fyfnkz.gif

So, after the Cinci game, he averaged a QB rating in the 70's. Which is where he is for his career and where he is this year. His completion percenteage dropped. His Int's went up. In watching some game film, he looked liek a deer in head lights.

I'm wondering if the Cinci game was an indication of his improvement or an anomaly?

I'm going with the latter.

I say he regressed after that week. Or just had a lucky week against a team that had just played their fucking asses off and lost against a divisional team that sealed that they were no longer in line to compete in the division.

That's OK. I had issues with Rex without having really seen him play. If I ever see it in Mitch or this goes on too long I'll probably join you. Just remember to eat your crow for going so hard against a young QB if he does turn into something.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

2qlqsue.gif

xo1g6f.jpg

2m3fhuw.gif

95v4ll.gif

308ytf8.gif

You're bad at these. I don't know why you bother. Only thing wrong there was the ball placement. Burton had his step. 1st read was open enough to just take it. Bad throw but that doesn't mean he was stupid. if he scans, he doesn't have time to go back to the 1st read that he's supposed to take if there. It absolutely doesn't matter if others are open here. The outlet on the right is there for the taking but that's common for most plays. If he turns his body to throw there, it takes time and that coverage will tighten. Completion but not much yards as is typical. The other guys aren't any more open when he starts his throw.

Showing player position after the ball is gone and coverage is drawn to the throw and QB head position is misleading as is not seeing where safety help is coming from which you can see in the vid below. Gabriel has a window before the safety but the Burton read would have to be closed before he goes there. Nothing about how that play looked before the point where Mitch committed would have you see him in that decent of a window. No way to know the LB would not drop deeper and he probably doesn't if Mitch looks there earlier as he would have if he didn't like the Burton read etc. He could wait for it but then miss his 1st read window if it didn't develop. Had he come off Burton, it was the next read at the right time but like I said, there was no reason to come off Burton. That throw pissed me off at the time as well but for a different reason. It was an easy one and he missed pretty badly. Hitting a guy in the ass when he's being trailed is very poor placement. It happens but it needs to happen less often.

Watch the play in real time 30 sec. in.
[video=youtube;bra7T4L7l5c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bra7T4L7l5c&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Throw should have been a full yard ahead of where he threw it but other than that, he did nothing wrong. Bad throw but not a bad decision. I'm not defending his game here. It was not great and he does miss reads like young QBs do but you're just wrong on this example, as you are on most of these that you post. I remember another one where you claimed Forte was a primary that was looked off and open when he actually had protection duty and released when there was no one to block.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

2qlqsue.gif

xo1g6f.jpg

2m3fhuw.gif

95v4ll.gif

308ytf8.gif

Awesome. Thank you.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
So Mitch has the IQ of Derrick Rose, the vision of Ray Charles and the decision making of Cutler and Ol’ Pacey boy traded up to get him....wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeeha

Liked Posts:
All the blind posters in one place. Nice.
Thanks for joining us.

Do you guys recall the fade pass he threw poorly and incomplete?

We had 4 wr bunched to the right and they had 3 DBs covering. Trubisky never even looked to the right side. He immediately snapped and threw that garbage fade. I think this is the best example of his lack of recognition. Dnzz_59XsAED4Sn.jpg