Mack is better than Urlacher

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also,

I think we are wildly underrating Urlacher in this thread. Before getting moved into the Tampa 2 and basically re-inventing the position he played MLB and racked up 8 sacks as a rookie. He won DPOY over Ray Lewis and was making All Pro Teams with/over Ray Lewis at times during his career. Mack has had a tremendous start to his career but Urlacher was basically an all-world player for 10 of his 14 seasons and people saying he wasn't as dominant as Mack are forgetting his '01-'02, '05-'07, and '10-'11.

Who would you rather start a defense with? There's really not wrong answer because you could make a great case both ways and feel comfortable with it but we have to stop with the sillyness where Urlacher wasn't as dominant or simply had average talent or wasn't better than Ray Lewis, because even that's debatable to me within certain narrow contexts related to system.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Potato tomato

2 different kinds of players completely

Two different positions as well. Urlacher was a middle linebacker, in charge of lining up the defense, Mack is just worried about sacks and tackles.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Nope you are wrong Mack can’t drop back and pick off Rodgers like Urlacher could so you have no idea was you even born then lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I know Mack just had a pick 6 week 1. So dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Uh, Mack already has a pick six against GB for us. You don't have to drop back to do that.

Kixer is not Rodgers. Really you guys are absolute fools to compare Mack and Urlacher it really shows the lack of football knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also,

I think we are wildly underrating Urlacher in this thread. Before getting moved into the Tampa 2 and basically re-inventing the position he played MLB and racked up 8 sacks as a rookie. He won DPOY over Ray Lewis and was making All Pro Teams with/over Ray Lewis at times during his career. Mack has had a tremendous start to his career but Urlacher was basically an all-world player for 10 of his 14 seasons and people saying he wasn't as dominant as Mack are forgetting his '01-'02, '05-'07, and '10-'11.

Who would you rather start a defense with? There's really not wrong answer because you could make a great case both ways and feel comfortable with it but we have to stop with the sillyness where Urlacher wasn't as dominant or simply had average talent or wasn't better than Ray Lewis, because even that's debatable to me within certain narrow contexts related to system.
While you and Rory used to piss me off sometimes tag teaming people in threads...I'm really glad you're back (along with several other posters). So much stupid on this forum, nice to see well thought and rational posts popping up again to level things out.

cd35

Liked Posts:
Also,

The criticism or Urlacher used to really make me laugh, when he was voted overrated or whatever bullshit. I guess they were just tired of seeing him be praised. He could literally do everything, including cover the entire field. And no other white boy could constantly run with and chase down Vick. Which actually hindered him bc then they decided he was going to do coverage most of the time which hurt his normal linebacker stats a tad.

The only thing you can criticize Urlacher on is the same thing they criticize Ray Lewis for and any middle linebacker. When you don't have good DT play your play suffers and you get blocked more. Then people start with the "he can't shed blocks". It happened to Lewis and people were saying he couldn't play anymore when their Dline wasn't as good and then he was magically Superman again when they got better.

Anyway, Mack is awesome and prob HOF like Urlacher. Why can't fans enjoy having great HOF defenses with shitty offenses on teams that barely make the playoffs? Why argue about which great player is better when you can meltdown about the QB position and demand that Chase Daniel is a viable starter?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The criticism or Urlacher used to really make me laugh, when he was voted overrated or whatever bullshit. I guess they were just tired of seeing him be praised. He could literally do everything, including cover the entire field. And no other white boy could constantly run with and chase down Vick. Which actually hindered him bc then they decided he was going to do coverage most of the time which hurt his normal linebacker stats a tad.

The only thing you can criticize Urlacher on is the same thing they criticize Ray Lewis for and any middle linebacker. When you don't have good DT play your play suffers and you get blocked more. Then people start with the "he can't shed blocks". It happened to Lewis and people were saying he couldn't play anymore when their Dline wasn't as good and then he was magically Superman again when they got better.

Agree. I liked how whenever Urlacher was hurt, which wasn't often, the defense would immediately take a nosedive.

The whole comparison to Ray Lewis was funny because, as you mentioned, they had the exact same flaws. Lewis was a monster with Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa at DT, then when the Ravens D aged Lewis 'couldn't shed blocks'...Urlacher was a monster with Traylor and Washington at DT, then when those guys left Urlacher couldn't shed blocks. I think Ray Lewis had the better career, but Urlacher could do things athletically that Ray Lewis simply couldn't do.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Agree. I liked how whenever Urlacher was hurt, which wasn't often, the defense would immediately take a nosedive.

The whole comparison to Ray Lewis was funny because, as you mentioned, they had the exact same flaws. Lewis was a monster with Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa at DT, then when the Ravens D aged Lewis 'couldn't shed blocks'...Urlacher was a monster with Traylor and Washington at DT, then when those guys left Urlacher couldn't shed blocks. I think Ray Lewis had the better career, but Urlacher could do things athletically that Ray Lewis simply couldn't do.

I'll never forget the ass whoopins we took from Arizona, Baltimore and Cincinnati in 09 when he was gone.

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
Mack is better. A fact that Urlacher will most likely admit.

After reading thru this thread and also noticing the post count......MJPLS...... in full effect I see.

Pathetical