2. Villanova Wildcats
2-0 when I start these threads

128.jpg
@
bears-fan1.jpg

Last edited:

swz01

Liked Posts:
Bucs will be coming off a short week and on the road. Have to like the Bears in this one. I like the Bears against the Dolphins as well coming off a bye week. Pats should be a loss.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna go with 49-10 Bears

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Riggle said the only reason a Harvard man like Fitzgerald would go to Tampa Bay is to look for his teenage daughter.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
If Fitz stays hot going into this week, the Bears could get blown out at home the way Trubisky has played.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been correct so far this year on wins and losses.....

I predict...Trubisky's best game as a starter, and a narrow Bears victory 27 to 24

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie...was kinda nervous about this one BEFORE the AZ game. Tampa now looking better than expected when schedule first came out. No easy wins til the O gets their shit together consistently with at least an improved red zone conversion.

Til then it'll depend on the defense NOT making any dumbass huge play mistakes, a'la easy long passes & TDs like GB & AZ.

If that's in check, it'll be a close one. Bear down.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well what do we have here? Nothing more than the first place Chicago Bears. Who would have thought at the beginning of training camp that we’d be talking about a 2-1 team who is leading the division? Certainly not your humble bard. We are winning ugly though, and I think we can all agree that things need to be cleaned up. One more game to the early bye week (which, btw, not sure I like it this early), and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers come to town. As this is a home game, I’m going to continue my new trend of discussing a Chicago neighborhood. This one has some history to it, and is a particular favorite around these parts.

Our journey starts in 1836 with Martin and Sarah Kimball from New York, who established the first farm in the square area that is Kimball to Hamlin, and Diversey to Fullerton. Fast forward to 1848, and the creation of the Northwest Plank Toll Road. This was an important road for the transport of fresh produce, as well as hay. It would eventually become what we now know as Milwaukee Avenue.

Let’s move all the way to 1889. By this time the area had railroads. By this time the area had schools and churches. By this time, it also had a series of park boulevards that Illinois State Assembly commissioned. The only thing that was needed was a name, and it happened in 1889 when the towns of Jefferson and Maplewood joined together to form LOGAN SQUARE.

Today, Logan Square is dominated by hipster bars, coffee shops, and vegan restaurants. The community is filled with Gen X’ers Millennials, and yuppies who are trying to recapture their youth. There’s even an urban legend about the “Hipster Hunter” who goes around the neighborhood and beats up young fixed gear biking enthusiasts who have man buns, and then he steals their chain wallets. As it turns out, the “Hipster Hunter” is our very own Novak, you know him by his threats on here of, “Come say that to my face in Logan Square.” Many an message board poster and soy latte drinker have been “Logan Squared” by our very own Novak.

Food: Giant. 3209 w Armitage. Your typical Logan Square restaurant with a funky design and art designed by local artists. It’s one of the few places where red paint is not smeared on the doorway because they cook meat. That said, I’d go with the ravioli.

Beer: Maplewood Brewing. To use a football metaphor: Goose Island is Peyton Manning. Revolution is Tom Brady. Half Acre is Drew Brees. Well Maplewood is Jared Goff. Newer, had some bumps when they first came out, but new people brought in have it hitting on all cylinders. One of the first East Coast style IPAs that I can remember having are Son of Juice and Juice Pants. Just terrific, full flavors on these two beers. If you’re someone who doesn’t care for the IPA, no problem – grab a Pulaski Pils, a German style Pilsner that’s light and refreshing. Certainly a great easy drinking choice on a Sunday afternoon of Bears games.

Quick Hits from Vick (Sponsored by Madagascar 4, in theaters nationwide soon)
Happy big bears victory MONDAY to all of you at ccs I’m literally thrilled as a pig inside of a ****pile today and hope that you all are as well. I’m happy also to say additionally that my BBotW last week (Kyle Fuller) was actually not a baffoon at all, in any sense of the word and he did a fantastic job of balling out. So now I’m currently at 1 and 2 for picking bears biggest buffoons as Whitehair ws horrible in week one, Simms wasn’t great but didn’t completely ruin everything in week 2, and Kyle did just okay yesterday. It is my hope that hopefully maybe perhaps this buffoon picking could possibly be something that I’m actually not very good at and thusly be in a way responsible in sort of a superstitious way for some wins for the bears as the season progresses. This week I’m literally going all-in on the biggest buffoon being Pace’s 2018 first round pick. Now most of you will be saying if you aren’t saying to yourself or your co-workers already night now that you’ve heard my pick, “Vick is lazy, of course Bears Biggest Buffoon of the week could easily be Roquan Smith, he literally held out of camp (No-showquan’d) and he’s literally a RYAN PACE 1st rounder (Doh!-quan’d)” But besides your funny nicknames for the guy I think he’s played quite well but his start to the year will haunt the bears this week against the Bucs because he will be skipping more tackles than he’s already been skipping thus far, against a much better team than he’s seen, and if he hadn’t been skipping all those practices maybe he’d skip less tackles and not be this week Bears Biggest Buffoon! Hope he’s proving me wrong as I have been the last two picks but let’s face it, there could be a situation where the Buc literally needs to stop at Roquan – will he be the guy to literally Buc the trend of Pace’s 1st round Buffoonery? Good Gosh Alright, I hope so!
#vickout

The Game: Ugh. Well thank God for Khalil Mack and Eddie Jackson. EJax got that turnover game started, and well, how much more can we say about Mack? But alas dear reader, this humble wordsmith is troubled by this upcoming game. While the Bucs have a sloppy secondary, I like their defensive line, and that only puts more pressure on Mitch. And while the aforementioned Eddie Jackson is great, and we saw great games by Bryce Callahan and Sherrick McManus, I worry about our secondary with an injury to Prince. For the first time this year, I must write words I hate to see.

Bucs 17
Bears 6

Offensive Player of the Game: Kevin White.
kevinwhite-e1535234358150.jpg

You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I’m dreaming the impossible dream here, as I hope to finally see some production out of this guy. It makes no sense to me that they would give him a roster spot, but not even use him. How about this: opening play of the game a PA pass to White on the fly route? Just tell him to run straight and fast, and let Mitch drop it in on him. I’m betting on something here, not sure what, but I’m looking for anyone at this point.

Defensive Player of the Game: Eddie Goldman
6_8206072.jpg

I simply will never be able to understand why it seems like I’m the only guy that talks about Eddie Goldman. Expect a big push in the middle from this mountain of a man. He will keep Danny T and Roquan clean and making tackles.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thank you so much Gus, inspirational KYO segment as always.

Not to make this all about me or anything (I'm no AussieBear), but I've KO'd just as many nerds as I have hipsters in and around Logan Square. The only reason you hear about the hipsters tho is because they bitch about getting their teeth knocked in just so so much. They are quite literally never satisfied.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears offense simply cannot score 20 points in a game with where it is at right now. Nothing is going to get fixed over the next 5 days. They need to go into the bye week and actually self scout and make some major changes.

The Bears defense should slow down the Bucs offense, but I cannot see us keeping them below 20.

Bucs 21
Bears 17

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see Mitch get torched by a real QB like Fitzmagic lmao.

Anyone that is falling for the Fitz bullshit tour on his SEVENTH team needs to study up on Football. This guy has made a career of doing this. His time of playing like shit will return. Maybe this Sunday, maybe even tonight.

Fitzpatrick is the fool's gold on the NFL.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts: