IST: Pirates vs Cubs

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Why would anyone panic? 1.5 game lead, 2 in the loss column, with 6 to go and our opponent would have to make that up in 5. The Cubs could go 3-3 and the Brewers would have to go 4-1 just to tie. The Central has three very good teams competing in a tight race. It’s called championship level competition

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone panic? 1.5 game lead, 2 in the loss column, with 6 to go and our opponent would have to make that up in 5. The Cubs could go 3-3 and the Brewers would have to go 4-1 just to tie. The Central has three very good teams competing in a tight race. It’s called championship level competition
No panic cause i think Cubs will win at least 2 of final 3 from Pittsburgh.

Just, IF they dont and Cubs and Brewers are tied the Final weekend or even going into the final day, Brewers have a whole lot better chance to come out on top then the cubs vs their opponent

That the concern right now, to win the division

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This is getting embarassing. Has to be some kind of record with 1 home run over what 7 games against an opponent?

You guys can turn on the intensity any time now.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Some perspective. On 8/1 the Cubs were up 1 game on the Brewers with a 62-45 record compared to the Brewers 63-47. 2 ahead in the loss column. This morning we wake up to the Cubs at 91-65 and the Brewers at 90-67. The Cubs are, yep you guessed it, 2 games ahead in the loss column. This is not one team collapsing and the other team surging. This is the story of two very good teams winning in different ways. They've lost no ground and we've won no ground. I see no collapse. I see stretch drive baseball.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Cubs lose and Brewers win tonight, these boards are going to be a hoot. There will be pure panic and people's undies gonna be changing colors.

Get a life ya weirdo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I can't wait for the forum owner to come to his proper senses and re-do the bannings.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Care to actually discuss baseball or are you just here to derail threads that you cry about being derailed so often?
Care to be part of the community or just do the stupid schtick you do? Your choice.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What's up with the racism in the bleachers?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yikes, looks like a bullpen game tonight with Montgomery starting and the aPirates have Archer going. Gonna need the bats to liven up otherwise the Cubs could be looking up in the standings as early as tomorrow night.

Hopefully these guys are getting the yips out of the way now and will rake in October.....

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yikes, looks like a bullpen game tonight with Montgomery starting and the aPirates have Archer going. Gonna need the bats to liven up otherwise the Cubs could be looking up in the standings as early as tomorrow night.

Hopefully these guys are getting the yips out of the way now and will rake in October.....

Montgomery has spun a few gems. I’m expecting 6 in 3 runs myself. O can’t start again not his issue.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Montgomery has spun a few gems. I’m expecting 6 in 3 runs myself. O can’t start again not his issue.

Hoping so... running out of time to get that magic number to zero. I don't think I can handle a wildcard game!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Which one? Left field or right?

I think it was left field. There apparently was a fight there last night (?) or a few nights ago, and it made it's way around twitter. There were some racial epithets being heard in the videos.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think it was left field. There apparently was a fight there last night (?) or a few nights ago, and it made it's way around twitter. There were some racial epithets being heard in the videos.

Shitty. Must be empowered white nationalism

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Final week of the season and we don’t have a guy who can pitch or a guy who can hit.