A Message from One of Your New Mods...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey there guys!

Happy Bears Monday!

Just wanted to post, reach out and say hello and give my thoughts on becoming a mod.'

I know for years I had the reputation of being a troll etc around these parts but under it all I really love CCS. I've been posting with Rush since 2003 at various forums and sites and have always wanted to be a mod here. I was really happy to learn that I had been named a mod for the biggest board here and I think between myself, oober, and J-Vu, we will do some great things to help clean up the board a bit and get it back and humming to where it was. I know it's a main goal of mine to make sure us three mods have a unified, cohesive, and collaborative plan for the board so we are all on the same page and our message is all the same. There will be some bigger picture goals and some smaller picture things we will want to clean up but we will discuss those later as a team and get back to you.

We want everyone's experience here to be great and we want the experiences of those that have been here for a while to become even better.

Elephant in the room: I know at points in time there may have been "heat" or "beef" between myself and other posters. That stuff is dead and in the past. Everyone has a clean slate with me, and in return hopefully I have a clean slate with you all. I didn't become a mod to do the Wyatt Earp revenge ride and smoke people I had problems with. It's a clean slate, a new start, and let's improve this place together.

If you have any issues, suggestions, or just want to chat feel free to post here or PM me. I try to get back to those as quickly as I can. oober, J-Vu, and myself will be putting our heads together in the coming week and ID'ing pain points and areas of improvement in the forum as well as things we want cleaned up so, as I said, if you have any feedback on things that are going well, not going well, etc please let me know.

Thanks!
FT

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Can we have casual Friday's back now? I hate that I have to get into my suit and tie every time I want to post here.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Since I joined here, I have always enjoyed your posts FT when you are posting "solo". We've conversed over PMs about fishing in northern WI, etc. I hope you choose to post solo and not resurrect your tag teaming of posters with Rory and the incessant thank banging the two of you had. You are far better than that. Congrats on your position and I know you'll do well. It's been good to see you back with your factual based posting.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Since I joined here, I have always enjoyed your posts FT when you are posting "solo". We've conversed over PMs about fishing in northern WI, etc. I hope you choose to post solo and not resurrect your tag teaming of posters with Rory and the incessant thank banging the two of you had. You are far better than that. Congrats on your position and I know you'll do well. It's been good to see you back with your factual based posting.

#RIPRory

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Will I still be allowed to troll the beta's?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Maybe it is like being a Sith Lord. FT mentored under Rory and then had to kill him in order to become the new Sith Lord.

RIP Rory. All hail Darth Timer!

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rory will more than likely be back. I spoke with Rush over the weekend as well as Rory. He's subject to the same rules as the rest of the board.

If he makes good posts I will thank them, just as I would anyone else.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congrats!
I think the biggest thing we need on this board is to keep threads on-topic. I don't mind the occasional back and forth harassment but I hate when I click on a link "Why I think Mitch is the guy" and have to wade through 4 pages of people calling each other names and insulting each other and no real talk about Mitch and why someone thinks he is the guy...

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we have casual Friday's back now? I hate that I have to get into my suit and tie every time I want to post here.

Yes.

4b7f74f5196151bc3b6f14778944b00d.jpg

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congrats!
I think the biggest thing we need on this board is to keep threads on-topic. I don't mind the occasional back and forth harassment but I hate when I click on a link "Why I think Mitch is the guy" and have to wade through 4 pages of people calling each other names and insulting each other and no real talk about Mitch and why someone thinks he is the guy...
Noted. If you have any specific examples, send me a link to the thread via PM or in here. Just so I have a context/example I can bring to the other mods when we talk.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey there guys!

Happy Bears Monday!

Just wanted to post, reach out and say hello and give my thoughts on becoming a mod.'

I know for years I had the reputation of being a troll etc around these parts but under it all I really love CCS. I've been posting with Rush since 2003 at various forums and sites and have always wanted to be a mod here. I was really happy to learn that I had been named a mod for the biggest board here and I think between myself, oober, and J-Vu, we will do some great things to help clean up the board a bit and get it back and humming to where it was. I know it's a main goal of mine to make sure us three mods have a unified, cohesive, and collaborative plan for the board so we are all on the same page and our message is all the same. There will be some bigger picture goals and some smaller picture things we will want to clean up but we will discuss those later as a team and get back to you.

We want everyone's experience here to be great and we want the experiences of those that have been here for a while to become even better.

Elephant in the room: I know at points in time there may have been "heat" or "beef" between myself and other posters. That stuff is dead and in the past. Everyone has a clean slate with me, and in return hopefully I have a clean slate with you all. I didn't become a mod to do the Wyatt Earp revenge ride and smoke people I had problems with. It's a clean slate, a new start, and let's improve this place together.

If you have any issues, suggestions, or just want to chat feel free to post here or PM me. I try to get back to those as quickly as I can. oober, J-Vu, and myself will be putting our heads together in the coming week and ID'ing pain points and areas of improvement in the forum as well as things we want cleaned up so, as I said, if you have any feedback on things that are going well, not going well, etc please let me know.

Thanks!
FT

Are you high?