D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you did not read. Please, continue contributing. By all means.

I did read them, in The context that YOU WROTE that they were causing you to “freak out” (act irrationally). If that is not the case, then why did you write it?

I’ll respond to this: “lack of poise”-my benchmark for lack of poise, in a Bears’ uni, is Wrecks “That’s-Just” Grossman. He was the epitome of a QB with a “Lack of poise”

Mitch does not look like he’s about to shit himself every time he comes under center, like Wrecks did.

Also, unlike Wrecks, I’ve never seen Mitch get his hand slapped away, like a child reaching for another cookie, by his center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did read them, in The context that YOU WROTE that they were causing you to “freak out” (act irrationally). If that is not the case, then why did you write it?

I’ll respond to this: “lack of poise”-my benchmark for lack of poise, in a Bears’ uni, is Wrecks “That’s-Just” Grossman. He was the epitome of a QB with a “Lack of poise”

Mitch does not look like he’s about to shit himself every time he comes under center, like Wrecks did.

Also, unlike Wrecks, I’ve never seen Mitch get his hand slapped away, like a child reaching for another cookie, by his center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullshit, you didn't read a damn thing. If you had, you would not be arguing against a position nobody is taking. You would be participating the the same conversation everyone else is having instead of completely missing the tone, context, and flow of the entire thread. You sir, are the one arguing against your own imagination - literally being irrational.

I am sorry if you are sad there are people being dumb about Trubs. But that isn't here. Go blather in one of those many threads.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Any QB's not named Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady have trouble with pressure. Hell, even pressure can get to them.

This statement that forcing a 3rd and long and then bringing pressure in an obvious pass situation is not only the solution to beating Mitchell Trubisky, it is the solution to beating EVERY SINGLE OFFENSE IN THE NFL.

We can rip to shred a lot of how MT is playing but stop acting as if this is some sort of unique kyrptonite that only Trubisky struggles with. Every offense struggles in 3rd and long. Every offense struggles on a passing down when the QB is pressured quickly and you have to get the ball out quick. That is how the entire league works.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Any QB's not named Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady have trouble with pressure. Hell, even pressure can get to them.

This statement that forcing a 3rd and long and then bringing pressure in an obvious pass situation is not only the solution to beating Mitchell Trubisky, it is the solution to beating EVERY SINGLE OFFENSE IN THE NFL.

We can rip to shred a lot of how MT is playing but stop acting as if this is some sort of unique kyrptonite that only Trubisky struggles with. Every offense struggles in 3rd and long. Every offense struggles on a passing down when the QB is pressured quickly and you have to get the ball out quick. That is how the entire league works.

Brady definitely struggles with pressure. The Giants beat him twice in the Super Bowl by constantly pressuring him.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, I have by no means come to the conclusion that Trubs definitely is going to fail or suck or bust or whatever. He still has a long ways to go in his growth process and time to correct shit. But I have seen enough to be scared. There are signs that his development is not going well (besides stats) and its got me freaked out..

If you realize he still has a long way to go in his growth process why are you "scared" and "freaked out" 3 games into said process lol?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit! Its Broc! Were you banned too?

Also, 3 games? I thought it was more than that.

Oh, and another thing, you haven't been at all nervous about what you have seen from Trubs? Wow, I wish I had your unwavering confidence. Would make sundays much calmer!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Looking through the last 3 games last year I'm even more convinced the oline is the cause of the lack of faith in the pocket. Even the loss to the Vikings he didn't look like this.
Think about how they came out against the Packers. I think I saw someone after Seahawks saying they looked bad but were better in the Packers' game, but they were really bad at GB to my eyes. Like Trubisky the oline has been getting better every game. For some reason Heistand changed something that is making them think. The offense came out hot in GB, he learned the oline is providing random protection that he can't have blind faith in. And now we're back to the beginning of last year except with less of a fun street ball aspect.

Also looking through those games he has a lot of accuracy and seems able to read defenses. What we are seeing and all the panic about it is a result of the new coaches and new system.
I don't think he forgot how to read defenses but was able to really burn blintzes at the end of last year with perfectly called screens. It's not the defenses he can't handle, it's Nagy's way of dealing with them.
Or it's very possible Nagy's way without a boss isn't that good, he's the real rookie here.

From my view (hated the idea of Mahomes) if you think he's doing good (duh) you should probably step away from the ledge. There's a good chance that's a lot of system QB and we should have a very similar system.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit! Its Broc! Were you banned too?

Also, 3 games? I thought it was more than that.

Oh, and another thing, you haven't been at all nervous about what you have seen from Trubs? Wow, I wish I had your unwavering confidence. Would make sundays much calmer!

Nah I wasn't banned, just didn't feel like posting much honestly.

And its not that I have unwavering confidence. It's really more so a combination of totally apathy from the John Fox era combined with having super low expectations for a raw QB in year one of a new system with a rookie HC.

I had completely written the season off as another 5-11 development year prior to the Mack trade so the fact that Mitch hasn't totally shit the bed and the team is actually competitive again has been a pleasant surprise.

Did I want to trade up for Mitch, no. I had no pre-draft preference honestly, just wanted whoever they felt was the best guy at our original spot.. but what's done is done, at this point I'm fine with letting things play out and seeing the kid sink or swim.

So for me I don't really see the point in getting all frustrated at Mitch for being what he is.. super raw with tons to things to develop and improve at. I think people are misdirecting their anger at Mitch when they should really be complaining about Pace. He's the guy that traded up for a super raw project QB at #2.

But that said, we'll see how the rest of the season goes. If the kid puts it together awesome. If not oh well, I'm sure moves will be made to bring in legit competition for next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sure would be cool if he could hit a receiver in stride.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure would be cool if he could hit a receiver in stride.

giphy.gif

Let's not act like he's not capable of doing it. He clearly has the ability to do it, the issue is doing it consistently. But again, I'm not sure why anyone is expecting a fully developed and consistent product at this point. This wasn't some fully refined pro-groomed Andrew Luck type prospect that Pace drafted. Mahomes had more passing attempts his sophmore year than Mitch had his entire college career for christ sake.

I'm not saying the kid deserves the 8 years to chances Jay Cutler got but good lord, can we at least let the season play out before we put a nail in the kids coffin and write him off as a bust lol? The entire narrative could change in a few weeks if he starts hitting more of those throws.