Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If Trubisky hits the 2 throws that I have as 1 and 2 his stat line is

70% comp, 300 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

That is where I think Nagy is seeing that they are close.

Thank you for that. That actually is very encouraging to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

correct.....we are having a completely different discussion this week......

Look at the progression for Trubisky the past three weeks...I am surprised no one can see this besides me.......

He has reduced his scrambles from the pocket...week 1 was 7, week 2 was 5, week 3 was 2

His yards per attempt have gone up..... week 1 4.9, week 2 5.9, week 3 6.3

His passing yards have gone up each week from 179 to 200 to 220

It may not be resulting in extra scores yet, but Bears time of possession week 1 33, week 2 34, week 3 36

It is getting better weekly....the scoring will follow

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Look at the progression for Trubisky the past three weeks...I am surprised no one can see this besides me.......

He has reduced his scrambles from the pocket...week 1 was 7, week 2 was 5, week 3 was 2

It may not be resulting in extra scores yet, but Bears time of possession week 1 33, week 2 34, week 3 36

He is going to break out vs the dolphins imo i think he throws for two tds vs bucs but still has under 250 yards.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Exactly this. I think he made fewer poor decisions this game, and he seemed to be looking to escape on his legs far less.

As previously mentioned that does not excuse ANY of those misses. As you stated, if he can just connect on a few of those tosses then the narrative is completely different. You don't have to hit every single one but you sure as hell need to hit on a few.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
all but two deep passes were covered step for step......Trubisky hit one and missed the other

The single coverage to Gabriel in the end zone comes to mind. Would have been huge. It really shows how just a few plays changes everything.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Preach my ninja... preach

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The single coverage to Gabriel in the end zone comes to mind. Would have been huge. It really shows how just a few plays changes everything.

timing and repetition

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Trubisky should throw the fade at all. It’s a total touch pass that some QB never get, Cutler for one. What they ultimately did with Cutler was the back shoulder passes, something I think Mitch could do now. That, slants, wheel routes and crosses should be what they go with until Shaheen comes back and gives them some high point passes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think Trubisky should throw the fade at all. It’s a total touch pass that some QB never get, Cutler for one. What they ultimately did with Cutler was the back shoulder passes, something I think Mitch could do now. That, slants, wheel routes and crosses should be what they go with until Shaheen comes back and gives them some high point passes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anyone can throw a fade pass if their technique is fine....fix the technique to be more consistent, fix the fade pass......this isn't magic or some innate ability that people are only born with....

Trubisky is athletic enough to do just about anything QBs can do...

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now its just becoming laughable...

Its like the parrots cant decide just how critical of the QB they need to be.

The guy led them downfield on almost every drive for a scoring opportunity... Yes we need to score TD's... Why are we throwing the ball at the goal line repeatedly with Jordan Howard on the team? Nobody knows... If you erase the fumble which wasn't his fault he still has to own the intereception... but overall he executed in the offense.

The reality is the playcalling is questionable... not good not bad not stupid... but very questionable...

I dunno. Is the play calling suspect or is Trubs not going thru his progressions fast enough yet? I’d need some breakdown of the all 22 to see if his 2nd and 3rd reads are open in their windows and if he’s getting to them in time.

To me, all the checks and pre-snap reads and everything else that’s happening before and after the ball is snapped, is still going on too fast for him to process it all each and every time. AND.... if the defense gets him off his spot just a lil bit, he’s getting happy feet and abandons his reads and resorts to backyard ball like Rodgers... I just don’t think he’s anywhere close to the skill of Rodgers like that. It could possibly come with time... but right now it’s still all too fast for him.

I’m not happy with the QB progress at all and I think they should bring in Bridgewater next year to push him. That being said, Trubs is decent when executing scripted plays, which tells me when he knows exactly what’s gonna happen, and how to handle it, he looks more comfortable than when he’s running off-script in the later quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A couple of additional observations

-Charles Leno had a really strong performance against Chandler Jones. Jones got a sack but it was after he had gone all the way around and Kush and Whitehair had gotten bull rushed into 10.

-The number of plays Miller comes back in after his shoulder injury and plays is impressive, dude is a fighter.

-There were too many free runners at the QB this game.

Actually, it was pretty stupid.