Bears fans push for Chase Daniel over Mitch Trubisky

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has missed 5 TD throws.

If he made those 5 throws the narrative would be 100% different, the Bears would be 3-0 and they would have won by healthy margins.

I am not sure what Nagy does to turn those into completions, or when we can expect them to turn into completions.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

If he made those 5 throws the narrative would be 100% different, the Bears would be 3-0 and they would have won by healthy margins.

I am not sure what Nagy does to turn those into completions, or when we can expect them to turn into completions.

Naggy might have to dumb down the playbook, severely

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is really bad. It’s painful watching him throw, I know his long ball sucked coming out of college but holy shit

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
no way. unquestionable starter qualities with pescado or cabeza as backup

It can't do it alone......having a rough flour tortilla can ruin the whole experience.......I think most of it hinges on the guacamole...a good guac can rescue a struggling carne asada......

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It can't do it alone......having a rough flour tortilla can ruin the whole experience.......I think most of it hinges on the guacamole...a good guac can rescue a struggling carne asada......
Asking it to do too much and putting too much on its plate is a recipe for disaster. Sprinkle in a few exotic things but be wary you need a well seasoned veteran meat to avoid spoiling the whole thing.

Last edited:

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Absolutely agree. People need to see the forest for the trees. The Turd Biscuit and the way Pace handled getting him have been the biggest mistake of this current regime. The Turd has shown NO signs of getting better and will actually get worse as teams get more and more tape on him; and especially if Nagy dumbs down the plays. All it will take for the great unwashed masses here is a loss due to the Turd, either a pick six or two or O's inability to score more than 21 points in a game and they'll be calling for the Turd to be flushed. No more of this "wait and see" bs. We've gone though that with too many QB's already. If anything, the great unwashed masses here should be really good at recognizing a bad and mediocre QBs as there's been 6 of them starting with Rex. 7 if you count Culter.

Agree with that!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

And he's thrown 1 TD (plus a shovel pass, but we're talking about throws here).

So he's missing 5 out of every 6 throws that should be TDs.

What chance does the team have going forward with that level of bad?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Do I want Daniel to start over Trubisky? Not really, but any Bears fan has to be curious just to see what Daniel could do. It's kinda like Mitch has a much higher ceiling but Daniel has a much higher floor atleast most people seem to think.
Daniel got a bunch of pre-season snaps against backups, which is why he looked so good. The #2 draft pick is going to get developed. For the idiots out there, Daniel has a lifetime 81.1 PR. Trubisky, as inexperienced as he is, has a 77.6 rating. The floor for Trubisky isn't significantly less than Daniel. Daniel is a good backup. That's it. The ceiling for Trubs is much higher, which is why he was the #2 pick and why he will be the starter. There is no controversy here.

Last edited:

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He isn't very talented. He can't play. He can't do basic things like hitting wide open receivers that have nothing to do with inexperience in the system.

Not that Daniel is the answer, but what do you do if you're 8-6 and holding on to the playoff hunt by the fingernails solely because of a dominant defense while the QB play is still terrible? Do you put in an unspectacular but competent backup knowing it gives you a better chance in the postseason, or do you stick with the shit show knowing there's almost zero chance you can beat playoff teams with him?

What's more important, a shot at a Superbowl or the "development" of a QB who can't play football at an NFL level?

You think Chase Daniel gives us a shot at a Super Bowl? With teams like the Rams and Eagles? Lmfao.

There's a richer recorded history of struggling young QBs turning it around than veteran career backups winning the Super Bowl (and just for the record, Nick Foles was a starter before in his career). This is just stupidity. Knowing that the GM's job is tied to Mitch's development- it's never going to happen.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did no one watch Chase Daniel noodle arm the ball all pre-season lol?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Daniel got a bunch of pre-season snaps against backups, which is why he looked so good. The #2 draft pick is going to get developed. For the idiots out there, Daniel has a lifetime 81.1 PR. Trubisky, as inexperienced as he is, has a 77.6 rating. The floor for Trubisky isn't significantly less than Daniel. Daniel is a good backup. That's it. The ceiling for Trubs is much hiher, which is why he was the #2 pick and why he will be the starter. There is no controversy here.

I largely agree. No controversy at all yet. Period. LaCanfora trolling for clicks, that's all.

But ... the conversation on a leash and the timing of pulling on it if things continue should be talked about.

I don't know Daniel at all just like anyone here. No one can point to the past and say he can't do well (McCown in Trestman year says hi) nor can anyone say he would do well cause McCown did well either.

But this play ... it's not like he is 77.8 vs. awesome defenses and he did what little he could based on what they gave him. He had 90+ PR days wide open to him too many times now to hand him the rest of the year "no matter what" the context in W-L and other playoff teams.

But yeah I don't talk about it now at 2-1 with a bye coming in 2 weeks, no. He's got it and he needs to do something this week and/or the week after bye.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
There is no alternative to Trubisky this year. At least he’s not throwing 3/4 picks a game. Hopefully something clicks.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Did no one watch Chase Daniel noodle arm the ball all pre-season lol?

I'll take noodle arm on target with good field awareness and reading of the defensive empty zones all day over inaccurate zips and bad to no reading at all.

Now does Daniel have those other factors? I don't know at all. Nagy does (I would hope). If he doesn't then either Trubisky gets better or we are in for 2005 type season.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no alternative to Trubisky this year. At least he’s not throwing 3/4 picks a game. Hopefully something clicks.

This is a fair assessment.

Unless Pace goes way out on a limb and trades for a QB.

Only way I see that happening is if Trubisky is so bad we bench him, but the rest of the team is playing at such an elite level we look like legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

In reality Trubisky will start this entire year, barring injury, and we'll figure out what we have in him with Nagy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll take noodle arm on target with good field awareness and reading of the defensive empty zones all day over inaccurate zips and bad to no reading at all.

Now does Daniel have those other factors? I don't know at all. Nagy does (I would hope). If he doesn't then either Trubisky gets better or we are in for 2005 type season.

Chase Daniel is no better at any of those things than Trubisky, he really isn't in the conversation to start.

This isn't a Brian Griese situation or Rex vs Orton.... if there was a legitimate veteran behind Trubisky this might be a real conversation.

Chase Daniel is a garbage QB who is here because he knew some of the system.

We're not going anywhere with him.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all for signing Kaep... but Bears fans are just lunatics if they want Daniels to start over Trubisky.