Bears fans push for Chase Daniel over Mitch Trubisky

CubandBear

Liked Posts:
Reading this thread, I have only one thing to say...

"Dumb Bears fans deserve all of the McNowns, Grossmans and Cutlers in the world."
You know the Bears could have gotten Drew Brees?....They passed em up. They had their future in Cade FREAKIN McKnown!!!

CubandBear

Liked Posts:
Mitch is being thrown into the water to learn how to swim. He is smart, and I see him PREVAILING!!!

I'd like all you amatuer football fans to LAY OFF MITCH!!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch is being thrown into the water to learn how to swim. He is smart, and I see him PREVAILING!!!

I'd like all you amatuer football fans to LAY OFF MITCH!!

He's been like semi drowning for 15 games then!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nonsense, carne asada is clearly a starter with HoF potential. Its versatility is unmatched.

it won't go anywhere without the proper guac.....plus guac is a great stand alone dish.......it can do everything

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Playing Daniel isn’t gonna help anything. Mitch is only gonna get better with live bullets and unfortunately he probably has this year as a grace period in terms of bad production with Nagy and Pace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Do I want Daniel to start over Trubisky? Not really, but any Bears fan has to be curious just to see what Daniel could do. It's kinda like Mitch has a much higher ceiling but Daniel has a much higher floor atleast most people seem to think.

Chase Daniel has been a fucking BACKUP for a fucking DECADE!!!! Gawd......FUUUUUCK!!!!!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel has been a fucking BACKUP for a fucking DECADE!!!! Gawd......FUUUUUCK!!!!!

bear down chicago bears fans.....this is what we have all come to expect

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nobody thinks Daniel is good. He's just the only other QB we have who isn't Mitch Trubisky. I would much rather have a more established average journeyman, but we don't have one. Trubisky isn't a viable NFL QB and we have a championship caliber defense.

Stoper54

Liked Posts:
I see I have to make this point yet again.

Developing is one thing. Learning the system is one thing. Getting used to your new coach and teammates and gaining experience is one thing.

HE. CAN'T. HIT. WIDE. OPEN. RECEIVERS.

He can't play football. This isn't an issue of developing, it's an issue of the kid is bad at the game.

NFL QBs don't need to be fluent in a system to be able to make a basic fade pass in the end zone to a top level 6'3" receiver. Not being experienced in a new system has nothing to do with completely overthrowing your deep balls when the WR has two steps on the DB. Lack of system experience doesn't cause a QB to be completely oblivious to open guys when there's little pressure in the pocket. It doesn't cause 75% of his passes beyond the first down marker to be inaccurate to the point of being uncatchable. It doesn't cause him to miss 5 out of 6 throws that should have been TDs.

These are basic fundamentals of being able to play QB. Any NFL QB could do these things on day 1 before they've even seen the damn playbook. He isn't an NFL QB.

Mitch made some impressive NFL throws last year. Go rewatch the Baltimore and Cinci game from last year. His accuracy on deep balls was there too as he was ranked the number one rookie for deep ball passes. I think people have some recency bias when it comes to Mitch. He's not a rookie. He had game tape last year. Go watch it. You'l feel better.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
]Nobody thinks Daniel is good. He's just the only other QB we have who isn't Mitch Trubisky. I would much rather have a more established average journeyman, but we don't have one. Trubisky isn't a viable NFL QB and we have a championship caliber defense.

which is why calling for him to play is completely stupid. At least with Mitch there is the possibility that he can put it together and might get better.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch made some impressive NFL throws last year. Go rewatch the Baltimore and Cinci game from last year. His accuracy on deep balls was there too as he was ranked the number one rookie for deep ball passes. I think people have some recency bias when it comes to Mitch. He's not a rookie. He had game tape last year. Go watch it. You'l feel better.

Then why is he regressing?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Your opinion. Nothing more.

It's not just an opinion. Mitch threw some great, accurate passes last year. This year he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

What he did last season doesn't matter. What he is doing NOW does. And he's not doing much good at all right now.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
the-fuckery-level-is-just-too-damn-high.jpg

Stoper54

Liked Posts:
Then why is he regressing?

Because he's in a new complicated system and he's learning. Check the tape from last year. He's shown a cool head in the pocket, accurate deep throws, etc. (all the things the anti-Mitch team uses to declare him a buss). I've seen many QBs struggle early with a new coordinator/coach (see Matt Ryan last year) and Mitch is only a sophomore. Throw in that he has new receivers/TE, etc. and Yeah, I'll give him at least to the half way point to judge.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you were doing your job one way and then a new boss comes in and says I have a completely different more complicated way that will be confusing at first but will pay big dividends in the end would you expect to be at 100% with the new exciting more complicated way of doing things immediately? Or do you think it may take time to get up to speed?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It all matters and it comes down to a new system and more mechanical work he's still acclimating to. Not like last year was enough to know what he'll become but I wouldn't call this regression. How many unneeded sacks has he eaten this year? Arrow needs to start pointing upward but it's still early.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I see I have to make this point yet again.

Developing is one thing. Learning the system is one thing. Getting used to your new coach and teammates and gaining experience is one thing.

HE. CAN'T. HIT. WIDE. OPEN. RECEIVERS.

He can't play football. This isn't an issue of developing, it's an issue of the kid is bad at the game.

NFL QBs don't need to be fluent in a system to be able to make a basic fade pass in the end zone to a top level 6'3" receiver. Not being experienced in a new system has nothing to do with completely overthrowing your deep balls when the WR has two steps on the DB. Lack of system experience doesn't cause a QB to be completely oblivious to open guys when there's little pressure in the pocket. It doesn't cause 75% of his passes beyond the first down marker to be inaccurate to the point of being uncatchable. It doesn't cause him to miss 5 out of 6 throws that should have been TDs.

These are basic fundamentals of being able to play QB. Any NFL QB could do these things on day 1 before they've even seen the damn playbook. He isn't an NFL QB.

Pure hyperbole... Three games with this coach, in this system...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If you were doing your job one way and then a new boss comes in and says I have a completely different more complicated way that will be confusing at first but will pay big dividends in the end would you expect to be at 100% with the new exciting more complicated way of doing things immediately? Or do you think it may take time to get up to speed?

Thats why I saw wait until mid season. If he isn't noticeably progressing by then, sit him down and have him learn by watching.