Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nicely done. Some of this is Mitch trying to not make mistakes. Pulling down that throw and taking the sack but he fumbles and achieves the opposite. His feet setting and resetting is a learned trait and he's trying to follow his coaching. Makes him look more nervous than he is and catches him out. I wish they'd just tell him to do what feels natural at this point and play. This trying to do everything perfectly and error avoidance isn't helping him. The fundamentals are good enough.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
good read

Based on what I have seen he is getting better week to week. I hope he continues to improve and I think he can. We are in a good position to let him continue to grow.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
good read

Based on what I have seen he is getting better week to week. I hope he continues to improve and I think he can. We are in a good position to let him continue to grow.

I think this is the mentality to have.

Keep taking shots, keep challenging trubisky, and keep coming away with wins. Let trubisky play and continue to let him grow through errors and successes.

Seems very short sighted to just call a simple game plan, run the ball 30 times, and then finish 8-8 on the backs of an elite defense.

Fuck that. The bears will go as far as trubisky takes them. If that is to 5-10 and he ends up being a bust then so be it, you clean house. Makes no sense to protect him. Let him play and we will see what he becomes.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So Trubisky can get better, but he was not a complete bum.

I worry about Tampa Bay's ability to score quickly, because to me, Trubisky's biggest problem is his demeanor. If he feels pressure to score quickly, he will be happy feet, but if he can learn to remain calm, even under fire, he can be better.

To me it is as simple as that, not footwork or arm position or some other crap like that, it is his ability to remain calm under pressure. I think that will come with more reps in the offense.

Hell, maybe he should let the pass rush get to him and take a couple of hits, the way it is going now, there is about a 50% chance he will get a roughing call, good for 15 yards....:)

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Robinson is a shitty blocker lol

I don't think the screen pass is going to work to well against Tampa, they play a 4-3 and tend to stack the box a little, so Robinson should be running the stop and go on this opposite side, while Bellamy blocks for Cohen.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the screen pass is going to work to well against Tampa, they play a 4-3 and tend to stack the box a little, so Robinson should be running the stop and go on this opposite side, while Bellamy blocks for Cohen.

I expect less screen passes, more true running plays, and more intermediate sideline pass plays.....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very interesting read and nice to see the routes drawn out and the fact that he is making the right reads.

I am encouraged by some of the decisive 10-15 yard throws he was making in the 2nd half. He needs to have that conviction on all the throws he is making. I am not sure what was unique about those plays, but perhaps he had confidence in the routes and what he was seeing in coverage.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He's been seeing some of his reads a little late which makes perfect sense. When it slows down for him and his teammates, he'll start to let it rip with confidence.

The offense has made a number of mental mistakes that have taken them off-schedule or killed drives. They have also had some beautiful possessions that have eaten a ton of clock. It's a process. They need to stack quality drives and convert touchdowns in the red zone.

I wasn't a pre-draft Trubisky advocate but this fan base drives me nuts. I want them to win every game possible but I also understand how important it is to support this kid and give him the room to learn and grow. I'd be willing to bet if Mitch had Nagy as his coach last season, he'd be playing extremely well year 2 in the system.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great read, thanks

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The sideline throw to Burton was a beauty.

Thanks for posting the article.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its not that Trubisky cant become a better QB.
Its not that Trubisly cant fix mistakes
Its not that Trubisky cant become more fluent in this new offense

Its that Trubisky isnt Mahomes. Every Bears fan sees what Mahomes is now and Trubisky pales in comparison. The decision to draft Trubisky, and trade up to get him when there was a talent like Mahomes on the board seems stupid at this point. It may not be fair but it is the reality.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Its that Trubisky isnt Mahomes. Every Bears fan sees what Mahomes is now and Trubisky pales in comparison. The decision to draft Trubisky, and trade up to get him when there was a talent like Mahomes on the board seems stupid at this point. It may not be fair but it is the reality.

most QBs pale in comparison to what Mahomes is doing...it won't last. They have the leagues best offense and the leagues worst defense......something has to break and I think the offense will come back to reality before the defense improves.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Then people need to take it out on Pace. They've never had a problem calling Pace an idiot before. What's holding them back now?

It is because of Mahomes. Or Watson. Or Rodgers. Or any other QB we don't have.

Trubisky did show flashes, they were just muted by Fox/Loggains.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You can only project so much. RGIII, Young, Russell, Couch, Leaf. Heck, Akili Smith. This shit aint easy.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
The Steelers have a garbage Defense but good game plan vs Tampa. Run the ball, pressure up the middle, deep shots, blitz on 3rd down. Etc.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want them to win every game possible but I also understand how important it is to support this kid and give him the room to learn and grow. I'd be willing to bet if Mitch had Nagy as his coach last season, he'd be playing extremely well year 2 in the system.

Before Mack, wasn't everyone expecting 6-8 win season anyway?? Sooooo WTH guys? Gotta play it out. Isn't this team the 2015 Cubs anyway?
Not saying they lose just to let Mitch gain experience. Of course they'll play to win, but you clowns bitching about Mitch after 3 games are overreacting. Yes, he needs to do better. So does Nagy.

How many of the flashy rookies end up STAYING great after instant success!?? They often fall back to normal production or WORSE once defenses figure out the guy & his complimentary scheme.
Ex: RG3, Kaepernick, Watson (Watson still TBD, but you guys can't crown him and not hate his last 3 games if you choose to hate Mitch's 3 in this offense).

Guys like Alex Smith, A Rodgers took several seasons under the same O to get it going. Not cherry-picking here, just tired & not thinking of em all. Add/argue, whatever.