D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good breakdown; otherwise offering without comment (with the hope that we can avoid this thread turning into yet another bash/praise-fest).

The third play breakdown they show, the strip sack. That would’ve likely been a pick 6 had Trubisky threw it. The corner was already cheating up to jump that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The third play breakdown they show, the strip sack. That would’ve likely been a pick 6 had Trubisky threw it. The corner was already cheating up to jump that route.

Nevermind that. Show me the passing lane for that throw. I just don't see it. Assuming its thrown to the flat.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been seeing some of his reads a little late which makes perfect sense. When it slows down for him and his teammates, he'll start to let it rip with confidence.

The offense has made a number of mental mistakes that have taken them off-schedule or killed drives. They have also had some beautiful possessions that have eaten a ton of clock. It's a process. They need to stack quality drives and convert touchdowns in the red zone.

I wasn't a pre-draft Trubisky advocate but this fan base drives me nuts. I want them to win every game possible but I also understand how important it is to support this kid and give him the room to learn and grow. I'd be willing to bet if Mitch had Nagy as his coach last season, he'd be playing extremely well year 2 in the system.

Yeah, I agree. The product on the field looks worse than it actually is. I think Mitch is just a touch slow and tentative. That compounds itself in the red zone and in pressure situations like going down 7 points early. He just needs to build a little confidence and stop putting so much pressure on himself. Hopefully the coaches see that and start building him back up.

Honestly, he could have imploded in that game. We've seen QBs do it plenty in Chicago.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nevermind that. Show me the passing lane for that throw. I just don't see it. Assuming its thrown to the flat.

Blocking on that play was horrible. They rushed 6 and 2 guys were running free. The lane to the flat closed before Trubs hit the top of his drop. That's why he tucked.

He almost escaped the pocket too. It was a good play on the ball by the D otherwise he may have run for 20+ yards. Nagy even said he had both hands on it.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He would have had to float it. That is why a cheating corner would easily be able to jump that route, and go yard.

That was well covered by the defense. The only route that broke free, did so down the field, and too late-the Cards gave a look like they were rushing 6, but one dropped back into coverage. Pulling the ball down, and taking off, was the right choice. He even kept 2 hands on the ball. His mistake was not keeping it high and tight.

Not a good result, but his decision making there was good. Just need to not hold it low, and away from his body. That play does not equate to him being a hopeless bust though.

Neither did his pick...

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its not that Trubisky cant become a better QB.
Its not that Trubisly cant fix mistakes
Its not that Trubisky cant become more fluent in this new offense

Its that Trubisky isnt Mahomes. Every Bears fan sees what Mahomes is now and Trubisky pales in comparison. The decision to draft Trubisky, and trade up to get him when there was a talent like Mahomes on the board seems stupid at this point. It may not be fair but it is the reality.

That’s Mitch’s fault? And are they both retiring tomorrow? Neither QB’s career is set in stone. I like Mahomes, but we learned from RGIII, that one year (let alone a handful of games) does not a career make.

Even looking at Brees, who is one of the most prolific passers the league has ever seen, looked like he was worth giving up on, early in his career with San Diego. And they did. He went elsewhere, won a Super Bowl, and played his way into becoming a sure fire first ballot HOFer.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Very interesting read and nice to see the routes drawn out and the fact that he is making the right reads.

I am encouraged by some of the decisive 10-15 yard throws he was making in the 2nd half. He needs to have that conviction on all the throws he is making. I am not sure what was unique about those plays, but perhaps he had confidence in the routes and what he was seeing in coverage.

It looked to me like he adjusted, yet continued to play within the offense.

I’m seeing him improve week to week. Maybe not by leaps and bounds, but improvement none the less. That is encouraging.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s Mitch’s fault? And are they both retiring tomorrow? Neither QB’s career is set in stone. I like Mahomes, but we learned from RGIII, that one year (let alone a handful of games) does not a career make.

Even looking at Brees, who is one of the most prolific passers the league has ever seen, looked like he was worth giving up on, early in his career with San Diego. And they did. He went elsewhere, won a Super Bowl, and played his way into becoming a sure fire first ballot HOFer.

I agree. As I said it may not be fair.
My post was my just my thoughts on the Trubisky consternation.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
That miss to Gabriel in the endzone had Tre wide open on the out route other side of the field. Arizona looked all confused on that play.

Anyway, great read and breakdown.