Can we trade Mack back to the Raiders??

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure the trade was worth it when you factor in the fanbase & CCS regressing back into insufferable instant gratification meatballs lol.

3 games into the season and we already got folks talking about the backup QB, as if Chase Daniel is the missing piece to a SB run... :facepalm:

That said, Pace isn't going to pull the plug on the kid he traded up for this early in the process so might as well stfu about it and enjoy the ride. If the kid fails to improve as the season progresses I'm sure moves will be made to bring in competition for next season.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'm not sure the trade was worth it when you factor in the fanbase & CCS regressing back into insufferable instant gratification meatballs lol.

3 games into the season and we already got folks talking about the backup QB, as if Chase Daniel is the missing piece to a SB run... :facepalm:

That said, Pace isn't going to pull the plug on the kid he traded up for this early in the process so might as well stfu about it and enjoy the ride. If the kid fails to improve as the season progresses I'm sure moves will be made to bring in competition for next season.

You miss cutler too huh?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because the fanbase was more tolerable pre-trade when expectations for the team were low and people were realistic about the development of Mitch. Now it's back to full-meatball mode. :smh:

So you're saying people got their expectations up for the team when they added a HOF pass rusher?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Because the fanbase was more tolerable pre-trade when expectations for the team were low and people were realistic about the development of Mitch. Now it's back to full-meatball mode. :smh:

I understood it. Before we were in it for the long haul. Now "We're built to win now!!! Bench Trubisky and bring in some scrub who won't ever win." It's the Bear fan way.
Any other team is 2-1 with a 2 game W streak, all the QB does is win. Bears 2-1, but it looked bad, but it wasn't by enough points. Take away all hope and maybe people would calm down.

Sammich

Liked Posts:

When you trade away 2 first round draft picks for a future HOFer, you would expect fans to get a little "meatball" and have higher expectations for their team.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
At this point, I would rather have AJ McCarron!

giphy.gif

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was saying pretty much the exact same thing the other day.

Now does the team sell out for Trubisky or will Trubisky be sold out for the team?

(I guess winning does not fix everything after all)

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
CCS is a lot of things, a lot of great wonderful things. A lot of funny, intelligent people posts lots of great shit! And there's also a lot of bad things. Lots of very vile, racist, mean people patrol these boards.

But one thing CCS is not, never was, and will never be, is level-headed..

Naf

Liked Posts:
CCS is a lot of things, a lot of great wonderful things. A lot of funny, intelligent people posts lots of great shit! And there's also a lot of bad things. Lots of very vile, racist, mean people patrol these boards.

But one thing CCS is not, never was, and will never be, is level-headed..

Bingo

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you're saying people got their expectations up for the team when they added a HOF pass rusher?
No I'm saying it's better for everyone when the Bears are irrelevant bottom feeders since the fanbase's meatball tendencies are held in check. The moment we get the slightest hint of success/hype the fanbase goes full meatball.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
When you trade away 2 first round draft picks for a future HOFer, you would expect fans to get a little "meatball" and have higher expectations for their team.

If the future HOF'er was on offense, sure. A WR who never fails to come down with any ball thrown within 5yds. An olineman who made the QB untouchable. A RB who could always get the 1st down no matter how far it was. Those things would put us in win now mode with a young QB.
But for now all defense does is help the team not lose with the developing QB. We may be in position for a post season if it clicks for the QB at the right time.
If that QB busts, which a defense does nothing to avoid, those 2 picks mean we're screwed. Thinking defense is the be all end all is the most Bears' meatball thing of all.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
If the future HOF'er was on offense, sure. A WR who never fails to come down with any ball thrown within 5yds. An olineman who made the QB untouchable. A RB who could always get the 1st down no matter how far it was. Those things would put us in win now mode with a young QB.
But for now all defense does is help the team not lose with the developing QB. We may be in position for a post season if it clicks for the QB at the right time.
If that QB busts, which a defense does nothing to avoid, those 2 picks mean we're screwed. Thinking defense is the be all end all is the most Bears' meatball thing of all.

“Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships.” - Bear Bryant