Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Nick Foles is a free agent after this season.

Odds are, he'd probably want to go somewhere he can start. Reality is, there aren't many places he can go where he'd be a guaranteed start on day 1. Maybe the Giants if they decide to part ways with Manning, but they have drafted a QB in the 3rd and 4th rounds over the last couple of years, so they may want to give them a shot. After that... Broncos? Titans?

Foles has familiarity with Nagy, since he was Foles' QB coach in KC. Nagy was also on staff for one season when Foles was in Philly the first time around.

I think there is a good possibility that the Beard would pursue him as competition for Trubisky and for a legitimate shot to start if he wins the QB battle.

What would you guys think of this?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So Nick Foles is a free agent after this season.

Odds are, he'd probably want to go somewhere he can start. Reality is, there aren't many places he can go where he'd be a guaranteed start on day 1. Maybe the Giants if they decide to part ways with Manning, but they have drafted a QB in the 3rd and 4th rounds over the last couple of years, so they may want to give them a shot. After that... Broncos? Titans?

Foles has familiarity with Nagy, since he was Foles' QB coach in KC. Nagy was also on staff for one season when Foles was in Philly the first time around.

I think there is a good possibility that the Beard would pursue him as competition for Trubisky and for a legitimate shot to start if he wins the QB battle.

What would you guys think of this?

As long as it doesn't stunt Mitchell's development I'm all for winning a superbowl with Foles.

Reactions: BNB

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of how the season plays out and how Mitch develops here on out Pace should bring in Foles. Chase Daniel is fucking garbage. If Foles out plays Mitch for the start next year then so be it.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'm not ready to jump off the Mitch boat yet. DO I wish we had drafted Mahomes or somebody else.? Kind of.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This isn't necessarily jumping off the ship. It's having a backup plan in case things continue to go south.

We can't waste time with a great defense.

I get it. But at some point if we are coddling this kid and "bringing him on slowly" what good does it do to bring in competition for his fragile little brain to accept? He is the future. He was drafted as the future. He must play so we can find out if that is a mistake and move on. If he isnt, then go find another. Foles being here isnt gonna help this situation.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Mitch has looked awful on his deep passes and red zone plays but he is a long way from a finished product. He will get better. In fact I think he will improve dramatically by the end of the season. The Kid is almost completing 70 percent of his passes and has put together some impressive long drives already. He’s close if you watch the tape. He just need to hit his deep balls and then he will be a good QB.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will want big $. Otherwise, sure

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get it. But at some point if we are coddling this kid and "bringing him on slowly" what good does it do to bring in competition for his fragile little brain to accept? He is the future. He was drafted as the future. He must play so we can find out if that is a mistake and move on. If he isnt, then go find another. Foles being here isnt gonna help this situation.

If he is fragile enough to feel threatened by competition and crumbles because of it, I don't want him as the QB of the Chicago Bears.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This isn't necessarily jumping off the ship. It's having a backup plan in case things continue to go south.

We can't waste time with a great defense.

Also, you say "waste time" with a great defense. But if Nagy has this complex offense that takes a ton of time to learn, wouldn't a new qb need just as much time? it is what it is IMO. Hopefully the mitch improves and he pans out. I can buy that he isnt quite there yet and needs to learn. but I wont buy that you cant just draft a guy and know if he "has it"

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm on the Russell Wilson trade hype train but I wouldn't be disappointed with Foles.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles is definitely good, but how much would he cost ?? Certainly we wouldn't want to give hime more than a 3 year deal IF Mitch is getting better.... I guess that would coincide with Mitch's second contract in case he deserves one worthy of a starter.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He will want big $. Otherwise, sure

That's what I was kind of saying though.. I don't know if there is going to be a market for him to get big money. Not many teams will be looking for a starter.

He'll also be competing against Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, and Tyrod Taylor for those limited opportunities.

I'd take Foles over all of them, as would most teams probably.... but you never know. Maybe he takes a 1-year deal with us if we're serious about giving him an opportunity to start.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, you say "waste time" with a great defense. But if Nagy has this complex offense that takes a ton of time to learn, wouldn't a new qb need just as much time? it is what it is IMO. Hopefully the mitch improves and he pans out. I can buy that he isnt quite there yet and needs to learn. but I wont buy that you cant just draft a guy and know if he "has it"

Foles has experience with Nagy though, so it wouldn't take long.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If he is fragile enough to feel threatened by competition and crumbles because of it, I don't want him as the QB of the Chicago Bears.

Me either. So if no Mitch then you blow your wad on Foles and have us not be able to afford other players?
the whole reason Mack is here is because the Mitch is cheap as shit right now.

But your Foles idea is not the worst one i've heard.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Me either. So if no Mitch then you blow your wad on Foles and have us not be able to afford other players?
the whole reason Mack is here is because the Mitch is cheap as shit right now.

But your Foles idea is not the worst one i've heard.

I'll be honest, I haven't looked at our cap situation.. We've got Windy for that haha.

But I gotta think we can make some moves in order to fit Foles in financially somehow.

QB is the most important position.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Let's hope the defense gels even more and we win the SB with a guy better than Dilfer ever was.

This team is sort of like 2006. Except weeks 1-4, we murdered teams. It wasnt until week 5 the sex cannon started to get clogged

Monster

Liked Posts:
If we still want Foles at the end of the season we likely need someone.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nope. I'd rather try to get a young backup QB from someone else. Josh Dobbs has been learning behind Big Ben and they just drafted Mason Rudolph. I'd try to get him. If he can do anything it's throw a beautiful deep ball.