Tampa Bay Won't Announce Starting QB

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If coach has a good feel for what the team needs at this point, he'll go Winston for that inspiring fire up the team pregame peptalk "let's eat some finger lickin good Ws".

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict Fitz starts and gets rocked and Winston makes his debut at some point.

That wouldn't surprise me. Then again with the way this season has started very little would surprise me.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You'd rather see a guy who has shredded 3 teams in a row including one of the top defenses and SB winner to the tune of the most yards, 2nd TD's 2nd in rating, instead of a guy who hasn't played a game in 10 months, hasn't practiced in a month, and has all kinds of shit going on mentally and personally in his life?

:obama:

Yes, I would rather face a mid 30's immobile QB when we have one of the best pass rushes in the nfl.

You cant throw 40 yard passes when you have less than 2 seconds to throw.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'd be fools for going back to Winston.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
Fitz started slow against the Steelers but didn't do enough to lose his position, so it's going to be him.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Didn't watch any of the Bucs game, but the Saints and Steelers haven't quite been lighting it up statistically on the Defensive side of the ball...they are both near last in the league.

As for the Eagles, I'll cut him some credit on that one.

His stats could be a bit inflated, but either way he won't be throwing 400+ yards on our defense...he will come down to earth

Because 1/3 of their games were against the Bucs O...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Yes, I would rather face a mid 30's immobile QB when we have one of the best pass rushes in the nfl.

You cant throw 40 yard passes when you have less than 2 seconds to throw.

Steelers are #2 in sacks this year. He still put up 400 yards and 3 TD's.

And is Winston really that mobile?

He had all of 135 yards rushing last year.... Fitz already has a game this year rushing that is higher than Winstons best game last year.

The Bears pass rush does not average less than 2 seconds to hit or sack. Where did you get that from? Did you make it up?

As a side note, Winston has 1 400 yard passing game in 3 years. Fitz has 3 in the last 3....

Any Bears fan that would rather face Fitz, is likely just not an intelligent football fan.

But that's OK. We have a lot of them.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Steelers are #2 in sacks this year. He still put up 400 yards and 3 TD's.

And is Winston really that mobile?

He had all of 135 yards rushing last year.... Fitz already has a game this year rushing that is higher than Winstons best game last year.

As a side note, Winston has 1 400 yard passing game in 3 years. Fitz has 3 in the last 3....

Any Bears fan that would rather face Fitz, is likely just not an intelligent football fan.

But that's OK. We have a lot of them.

And a bears fan who thinks pitts D is good isn't an intelligent football fan either. NO might have the worst defense in the league.

Winston can MOVE better than fitz. Fitz is a fucking statue in the pocket. Do you actually watch the games? Or just look at stats? Yes, pitt is high in sacks, and they also blitz a ton. Or do you think a team starting bostic at MLB is a respectable NFL defense?

The better matchup for our defense is definitely fitzpatrick. We are not the steelers, we can get pressure with 3 lineman if we want. Ive watched all 3 of the TB games, and fitz had all day to throw in the NO game and his wideouts were wide open for the most part. That won't happen versus chicago.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
And a bears fan who thinks pitts D is good isn't an intelligent football fan either. NO might have the worst defense in the league.

Winston can MOVE better than fitz. Fitz is a fucking statue in the pocket. Do you actually watch the games? Or just look at stats? Yes, pitt is high in sacks, and they also blitz a ton. Or do you think a team starting bostic at MLB is a respectable NFL defense?

The better matchup for our defense is definitely fitzpatrick. We are not the steelers, we can get pressure with 3 lineman if we want. Ive watched all 3 of the TB games, and fitz had all day to throw in the NO game and his wideouts were wide open for the most part. That won't happen versus chicago.

There is so much football ignorance on this site....

Exhibit A above.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There is so much football ignorance on this site....

Exhibit A above.

The Steeler defense has been struggling all season. This isn’t exactly a news flash but please continue to insult the guy that is actually aware of how they’ve been playing. From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette...

“But the most egregious gross weight baggage overage on the young season’s first plane trip had to do with the massive volume of pejorative adjectives the so-called Steelers defense was lugging around in its carry-ons: beleaguered, embattled, disorganized, incommunicative, vulnerable, flammable, suspect, clueless, useless, and every plausible synonym that could be stuffed into an overhead bin.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/gene-collier/2018/09/25/Gene-Collier-Steelers-defense-was-good-bad-and-a-lot-of-lucky-Artie-Burns-Bud-Dupree/stories/201809250078

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I’m worried about Prince’s hamstring injury. Fuller is most likely going to have to shadow Evans. That leaves Toliver on Jackson. I don’t like that match up. Callahan on Godwin is fine and the inside backers or Eddie Jackson can run with Brate and Howard. They’ll need pressure so Jackson doesn’t roast Toliver.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You'd rather see a guy who has shredded 3 teams in a row including one of the top defenses and SB winner to the tune of the most yards, 2nd TD's 2nd in rating, instead of a guy who hasn't played a game in 10 months, hasn't practiced in a month, and has all kinds of shit going on mentally and personally in his life?

:obama:

No. I'd rather see the guy that's a career backup, coming off a 3 int game against one of the worst back 7s in the league than the guy who has shredded the Bears D (albeit without Mack) with mobility 3 years in a row.

The stuff Winston was suspended for happened 2 years ago. I doubt there's anything mentally he's dealing with.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Fitz does not do well with pressure in the middle, so we need Hicks, Bullard, Goldman and RRH to have a big day.

He is a big play Guy so I hope the Offense can sustain some drives and score TDs, and keep him off the field.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No. I'd rather see the guy that's a career backup, coming off a 3 int game against one of the worst back 7s in the league than the guy who has shredded the Bears D (albeit without Mack) with mobility 3 years in a row.

The stuff Winston was suspended for happened 2 years ago. I doubt there's anything mentally he's dealing with.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fitz has had hot streaks in the past and eventually wakes up and realizes he’s Ryan Fitzpatrick and he’s not very good.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The first quarterback in NFL history to throw for 3 400 yard games in a row is going to get benched. The streak will end because he is going to not play the whole game.

I am sure as surprised as most people were to hear this was the first time in history, maybe some big name guy will get that record.

Liked Posts:
200.gif

Sammich

Liked Posts:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "all signs point" to Ryan Fitzpatrick starting Week 4 against Chicago.
This has been expected for awhile. With Tampa coming off a short week, Fitzpatrick is in line to make at least another start. It's his job to lose after three straight 400-plus yard games. The Bucs plan to use their roster exemption on Jameis Winston, so there might not be anything official until later in the week.

-rotoworld.com

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Evans is going to eat Fuller’s lunch. Wouldn’t be surprised if one was a deep ball.