1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Who is the MVP?

Discuss.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Edge Yelch. You really look at it the Cubs are more talented over all and the Crew is on them. This really is not close.

Holy Cow

Liked Posts:
Defense..Javy Offense..Yelich. Who would you rather have at the plate with the game on the line?I’ll the the professional hitter in a heartbeat..not diminishing Javy..love his passion for the game and his mad skills but would vote yelich mvp and think it’s close to a no brainer if Milw wins the division

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Yelich and I don't think it will be that close. MVP is basically a hitting award. Baez wont get enough credit for his defense.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The issue is it's an offensive award. Yelich will win that. Baez is more valuable though, as he plays 3 IF positions at a high level.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
ya
The issue is it's an offensive award. Yelich will win that. Baez is more valuable though, as he plays 3 IF positions at a high level.

If Javy was pushing .370 OBA the coin flips. You have an arguement that he held the O together in a injury ridden year where no one else stood out. Right now Zobrist holds the best OBA/BA and might be the best hitter on the team. Javy is showtime. But as far as what you look for in a MVP no.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Edge Yelch. You really look at it the Cubs are more talented over all and the Crew is on them. This really is not close.

So...it’s a team thing?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
After Yellich having the 6 RBI game and now 5 BB game tonight... he should be the clear cut front runner depending on what goes on this weekend.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont think either team is in the playoffs without Baez or Yelich, Baez had alot less around him. Bigger names, but less help. But now that Milwaukee is in the playoffs I think it goes to Yelich. If they end up winning the division and best record in NL, no doubt.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
In fairness Yelich is a GG

Not this year here's not. He obviously won one in 2014 but I don't think that's representative of what he is. He's got a -4.6 UZR/150 in CF for his career. In LF it's 4.4 which is ok but it's not gold glove caliber.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Besides being great non-pitcher candidates, they still finish 4th in the NL east without him. Shouldn't get a vote.
It's best player, not best player on a good team

Otherwise Ted Williams or Ernie Banks wouldnt qualify

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It's best player, not best player on a good team

Otherwise Ted Williams or Ernie Banks wouldnt qualify

yes, but just like the gold glove will end up going to a better offensive player if its close skews all the voters.