My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It's not best player, it's most valuable.
No, it's always been best player in the league. Only since the late 80s through the assholes at ESPN has the standard been watered down and changed to add "on a contending team".

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sorry Ommey, show me where it was the best and not the most valuable.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Its going to be yelich and its not really much of a debate any longer.

Side note:

Good to see wash winning over col and det fight back

Would be nice to see la and col play monday...regardless if we have to play milw or not...but now that they've clinched i prefer la to win that division and play atl while col moves to the wc game at mil or chi with winner at chi or mil

greg23

Liked Posts:
This guy became barry bonds after the all star break

Sickening.

Somebody drill him

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
#calledit

It's Yellich.... levels above Javy and even better in big moments.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The .329 OBP was always going to be Javy's achilles heel. At least Javy won the hearts of the rest of the cub fans, its good to see someone reeally have a great year and lead their team to a division title wins the award.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Please tell me that Milwaukee at least had to give up great players/prospects to get Yelich from Jeter's fire sale. I don't follow MLB closely enough to know what they traded for him.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Please tell me that Milwaukee at least had to give up great players/prospects to get Yelich from Jeter's fire sale. I don't follow MLB closely enough to know what they traded for him.

They gave up good players. It remains to be seen if they are "great." Brinson had better tools than Yelich did but he's not as good of a hitter at the moment. Like wise Harrison also has off the chart tools but he hasn't put everything together. Diaz is also a decent prospect. I thought they over paid for the player Yelich was last year. Obviously he's gone nuts this year so that sort of changes the equation a bit. I don't think Yelich is going to remain this good I mean he has more homers in the second half of this year than he did in any other full season. That doesn't strike me as sustainable.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
They gave up good players. It remains to be seen if they are "great." Brinson had better tools than Yelich did but he's not as good of a hitter at the moment. Like wise Harrison also has off the chart tools but he hasn't put everything together. Diaz is also a decent prospect. I thought they over paid for the player Yelich was last year. Obviously he's gone nuts this year so that sort of changes the equation a bit. I don't think Yelich is going to remain this good I mean he has more homers in the second half of this year than he did in any other full season. That doesn't strike me as sustainable.

They traded some prospects and got an MVP. They won the trade easily. You're so stubborn man.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Javy still needs to learn the strikeszone a bit better. With that his total walks will rise along with his OBP

ob1force

Liked Posts:
I think it was Baez's award to lose at the start of September and unfortunately he fizzled out; super disappointing. Still an unreal season for him and hopefully it's a sign of bigger things to come.

Yelich will be runaway MVP now but hope Baez and the Cubbies tear the Brewers a new one after today's tiebreaker. Playoffs are all that matters now and is what people will remember most years from now anyways.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think it's closer than some imagine. Maybe the winner today gets it. IMO I think Javy should win it because he is close offensively statwise to Yellich. He even leads a few categories. What gives him the edge is his phenomenal defensive play.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Yelich should get every single first place vote. That't how close this race is.

Well, there might be some misguided goofs who vote for DeGrom, as if pitchers didn't already have their own award...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This is all Derek Jeter's fault.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Yelich hands down wins MVP. The good news for the Cubs is that it keeps Javy's price down in arbitration in what turned out to be a bust of a season for the team.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yelich hands down wins MVP. The good news for the Cubs is that it keeps Javy's price down in arbitration in what turned out to be a bust of a season for the team.

Yeah...not likely