Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 24

Thread: Bears Forum: Posting Policies and Guidelines

  1. #1
    v. 2.0: Fully Modded FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,019

    Default Bears Forum: Posting Policies and Guidelines

    Greetings Bears Forum!

    Your friendly Mod Staff here with an announcement in regards to Posting Policies and Guidelines for this Forum.

    The entire idea is moving forward, less is more in terms of moderation. Here are the current Rules/Guidelines as they exist per Rush:

    There used to be a longer list of rules. We decided to loosen it up a bit. Don't be a dick and chances are there isn't going to be an issue. If a member of the staff asks you to simmer down, SIMMAH DOWN. We would like for the staff to guide discussions, create threads, etc. and spend less of their time asking adults to not act like children.

    DON'T POST
    - Racism
    - Porn
    - Copyrighted content, streams, etc. Use PM's for that.
    - Arguments that jump from thread to thread. If you're going to argue, keep it contained and don't let it effect other threads/forums.
    - The same stuff that a member of the staff asked you not to.

    We are giving all an inch, please don't try to take a mile. As long as we're all adults, there is no need for moderation.
    We'd specifically like to address a few things that posters have brought to us:

    Trolling- As a staff we have decided to take the strict view of trolling as the intentional posting of something offensive or abusive to provoke a response and an argument. Trolling is not "This poster is constantly annoying me, responding to me, arguing with me, and has views I disagree with." Unless those views rise to the posting of abusive language, racism, homophobia, etc. We are going to ask you to simply place the poster on your ignore list and move on with your day.

    We as a staff will be keeping an eye on posters who constantly post with the clear intention of derailing a thread(posting wildly off topic, spamming etc) and we will ask them to keep it on topic and move it along. We'll work to make discussions here worthwhile. We all understand shtick when we see it, and we won't let it ruin the board or discussions. Leave that to us though. If they keep derailing the sports conversation, they can be removed from the sports conversation and sent to The Bar where they are free to rant all they would like. If you see something as becoming an issue, simply report the post and we will look into and respond to you.

    Abusive Language/Harassment: We all know racist, homophobic etc language won't be tolerated. You will receive only one warning. This is pretty easy. Also, please try and have conversations without cussing at each other and calling each other names. We'll give you SOME leeway here but don't go runaway train with it or we will step in. As Rush said, "Act like adults." Don't make it habit to follow certain posters around the board and harass them. Keep the personal attacks to a minimum(or none at all!) and enjoy your time here. If abusive language or harassment does become an issue that poster will become an issue.

    TL/DR:

    Attack the post, not the poster. If you wish to make it personal, take it to The Bar.

    There is your proverbial "Golden Rule".



    *If someone is annoying you by constantly being "too negative", "too positive/pie in the sky", "ignoring your points", etc. Just put them on ignore and converse with people you enjoy posting with. Let that "troll" yell into an echo chamber and move on with your day.

    *If another posters starts to harass you, becomes abusive towards you or another member, or posts anything racist, homophobic, or wildly offensive please report it to us and we will look into it very quickly.

    We want this board to be someplace all people enjoy and Rush and this new team have a real vision to grow this site. We are working to make that vision a reality and don't want it derailed. Work with us, we will work with you, and let's do this together. It's got to be a collaborative effort. We have some cool stuff planned moving forward that we will roll out in the near future.

    Thanks!

    FT, J-Vu, Oober

    Addendum: Posting copyrighted material extends to any news content as well. You are not supposed to being pasting entire news stories in your posts/threads. You may include the first few lines as a "teaser" followed by the link.

    I know it so much easier to read the copied version here than bounce around the net, but this is a legitimate liability for Zack and Rush. The local beat writers especially loathe it and are not shy to express so.

    Subscription sites like ESPN Insider or Bear Report should have their content stay behind their paywalls....although you may give us a summary in your words rather than theirs if you are so inclined.

    Please always provide a link otherwise you force us to delete the post. If you continue to paste the article in it's entirety...it will be edited by a staff member.


    Addendum# 2


    Gambling discussion: Discussion regarding wagers are allowed, but at this time discussion of where to place wagers or link to websites will not be allowed.
    Last edited by FirstTimer; 01-08-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Added Addendum# 2 Gambling discussion.

  2. #2
    v. 2.0: Fully Modded FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mmmmmm I know some gaggledogs that aren't going to like the suggestion of the ignore list.
    Understood, but we agreed as a staff that it's the best way to handle it moving forward relative to Rush's stance etc.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks for clarifying.

  4. #4
    CCS Donator Ares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27,337

    Default

    I tried to place fisch on my ignore list and I found a dead cat nailed to my front door.

    Care to explain, new mods?

  5. #5
    CCS Staff Jamais Vu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,815

    Default

    One more thing while this has everyone's attention.

    Posting copyrighted material extends to any news content as well. You are not supposed to being pasting entire news stories in your posts/threads. You may include the first few lines as a "teaser" followed by the link.

    I know it so much easier to read the copied version here than bounce around the net, but this is a legitimate liability for Zack and Rush. The local beat writers especially loathe it and are not shy to express so.

    Subscription sites like ESPN Insider or Bear Report should have their content stay behind their paywalls....although you may give us a summary in your words rather than theirs if you are so inclined.

    Please always provide a link otherwise you force us to delete the post. If you continue to paste the article in it's entirety...it will be edited by a staff member.

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    CCS Staff Jamais Vu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tried to place fisch on my ignore list and I found a dead cat nailed to my front door.

    Care to explain, new mods?
    Did I forget to write Fisch's name on the cat or are you just displeased with the new "Ignore List" format?

  7. #7
    v. 2.0: Fully Modded FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais Vu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One more thing while this has everyone's attention.

    Posting copyrighted material extends to any news content as well. You are not supposed to being pasting entire news stories in your posts/threads. You may include the first few lines as a "teaser" followed by the link.

    I know it so much easier to read the copied version here than bounce around the net, but this is a legitimate liability for Zack and Rush. The local beat writers especially loathe it and are not shy to express so.

    Subscription sites like ESPN Insider or Bear Report should have their content stay behind their paywalls....although you may give us a summary in your words rather than theirs if you are so inclined.

    Please always provide a link otherwise you force us to delete the post. If you continue to paste the article in it's entirety...it will be edited by a staff member.

    Thanks.
    Thanks for pointing out! Added to the initial post.

  8. #8
    v. 2.0: Fully Modded FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tried to place fisch on my ignore list and I found a dead cat nailed to my front door.

    Care to explain, new mods?
    Well if you had gotten home earlier it may not have died.

    I feel like this is your fault.

  9. #9
    Captain Objectivity bearmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trolling- As a staff we have decided to take the strict view of trolling as the intentional posting of something offensive or abusive to provoke a response and an argument. Trolling is not "This poster is constantly annoying me, responding to me, arguing with me, and has views I disagree with." Unless those views rise to the posting of abusive language, racism, homophobia, etc. We are going to ask you to simply place the poster on your ignore list and move on with your day.


    Abusive Language/Harassment: We all know racist, homophobic etc language won't be tolerated. You will receive only one warning.


  10. #10
    CCS Donator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,801

    Default

    Can stream links be posted in the Donator Forum? Not that it matters. People should know where to go by now.

  11. #11
    v. 2.0: Fully Modded FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuder O'Clam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can stream links be posted in the Donator Forum? Not that it matters. People should know where to go by now.
    I'd ask Rush/Zack that question. I'm honestly not sure.

  12. #12
    CCS Donator Ares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if you had gotten home earlier it may not have died.

    I feel like this is your fault.
    You're right.... this is my fault.


  13. #13
    CCS Donator Novak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if you had gotten home earlier it may not have died.

    I feel like this is your fault.
    This is offensive to cat lives literally everywhere.

    Shame

  14. #14
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Understood, but we agreed as a staff that it's the best way to handle it moving forward relative to Rush's stance etc.
    Can u ask Rush to expand the number of ignore slots a poster gets? I think Zer0 is getting dangerously close to the limit.

    Otherwise fair enough on the new rules!

  15. #15
    v. 2.0: Fully Modded FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is offensive to cat lives literally everywhere.

    Shame
    I ran my mod campaign as anti-cat. I apologize for nothing.

  16. #16
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    25,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can u ask Rush to expand the number of ignore slots a poster gets? I think Zer0 is getting dangerously close to the limit.

    Otherwise fair enough on the new rules!
    Imagine how massivethat gaggle is...

  17. #17
    4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,459

    Default

    I like the added part about the posting of articles. I don't think people realize how serious that is.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  18. #18
    CCS Staff Jamais Vu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuder O'Clam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can stream links be posted in the Donator Forum? Not that it matters. People should know where to go by now.
    Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but that should be fine because it is a closed forum where Google won't narc on Rush.

    I do clearly remember that when stream links hit this forum...they were moved to the Donator Forum rather than flat out deleted.

    This could be one of those unspoken rules too. In which case, this post will self-destruct in sixty seconds.

  19. #19
    CCS Donator Novak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,956

    Default

    Lets be honest, the donators forum isnt really a thing...

  20. #20
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24,832

    Default

    I still can't post in locke...

    ... oh wait, that's not my line!

  21. #21
    v. 2.0: Fully Modded FirstTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,019

    Default

    "Golden Rule" added.

  22. #22
    Entirely too much tuna JosMin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Posts
    8,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Golden Rule" added.
    What about the shower?

    Twitter: @ass_ventura
    Instagram: @nameinallcaps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •