If You Could Add One Player to The Bears Other Than a QB, Who Would it Be?

Liked Posts:
This is easy, #21 CB - Patrick Peterson. Or Jaylen Ramsey type CB. Since QB is a no, going off from the way the team is built, I would take the final piece needed to making the Bears defensive unit unbeatable. Pace addressed the motor position of the Bears defense perfectly with Mack as the schemes primary OLB. But right after a dominant OLB being the top priority #1 for a 3-4 defense, immediately following OLB, is priority 1A with a true lock down Man/Press cover CB, who can take away the opposing split end, every down, on his own with no help from the Safeties over the top, & also defends the run.

If Pace keeps this unit in tact, acquires a top FA MAN/PRESS cover CB, & uses our round 3 pick on a young Right Tackle too, this team with be a defensive freak of nature. Adding Peterson or a true man/press CB would have a similar effect in the secondary by making the other DBs better, as adding Mack did for the front 7. Fuller could move to the flank where he would spend a lot more time playing off zone coverage, & able to spy the QB more. Fullers instincts for the ball in man coverage against better receivers that stretch the field, are average & bad at times in MAN. You add a top CB Press/Man CB to this unit as is. Look the fuck out, it wont matter who is under center, for the Bears or their opponents at QB, the defense will be suffocating for anyones offense.

2lt28ea.jpg

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because of the qb staying the same. Most weapons on offense won't have much of an impact if the qb isn't producing.

I get that, but still, I think adding an offensive player gives them a better shot at being a playoff contender now.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Vance McDonald. There is a need for TE, and the way he bitch slapped Conte was amazing.

So you would add a TE because his stiff arm looked cool instead arguably the best all around TE in Kelce????? I sure hope not.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
On a somewhat tangent yet applicable idea, I think its honestly plausible if Pace saves his job this year (which he does w 8 win, maybe even 7), he will assuredly sign one of the top 3 defensive FA's in the next class. Why? Well, literally you add ANOTHER top 10 defensive player in the league to THIS defense and honestly the Bears would give up maybe 14.6 a game, tops. What does that do? Add another year to try and get Trubisky to at least mediocre level. Defensive talent will be added.

Sadly, if you put Ryan Fucking Tannenhill on this bears team, you easily go 10-6 and win a playoff game. Think about for a second... pretty sad.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Gurley
Mack... oh wait... He’ll Yea!