Goff will be the best player in the NFL

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I actually had a thread about this topic on CCS...on a sidenote, not only was I banned from CCS, but my entire account and all of my old postings were physically removed from the site permanently. Can you imagine that? Treating a sports discussion forum as if it were the USSR Politburo? It's crazy.

Anyways, I found only 3 QBs in NFL history who were comparable to Cutler in tenure length with one team and mediocrity. Lynn Dickey of the Packers was the definition of a hot-and-cold QB, Jay Fielder of the Dolphins who would usually 'lead' his team to the postseason, and Mike Pagel of the Colts who would end up playing every year due to bad drafts and injuries to other QBs.

The normal pattern is if a mediocre QB has a long career, he will bounce around from team to team as kind of a 'stopgap' guy (like Ryan Fitzpatrick) but never staying with one team, or he will stay with one team and will alternate great seasons and below average seasons. What is unique about Cutler is that he had such a long tenure with the Bears and never had a 'teasing' great season...it was just year-after-year of average and poor seasons. Again, couple this uniqueness with the fact that Cliff Stein made Jay Cutler the highest paid player in the NFL, and it's beyond comprehension.
Weird. We were told you asked for your account to be deleted, and weren't banned.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I especially like this quote here. Original statement was "my argument for Cutler was that he was an average QB" (lie) which then eventually leads into this post "if he wasn't average league wide" ....... ? League wide? What else are we averaging here?

Nothing this particular poster posts ever makes sense.

I found it funny that I have been gone for literally years, and within hours of returning to CCS I have Mojorisin tell me that Nagy's offense doesn't incorporate "hot reads" followed by didshereallysaythat somehow still white-knighting for Jay Cutler. It was like Doc Brown set my CCS Delorean for January, 2016.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
OFF TOPIC why don't you go jerk off outside kuma's korner

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Agree with this. To me, the 'tipping point' with the didshereallysaythat Cutler fanbase narrative was in 2013. Up to that point, the rationalization was always "Cutler needs more weapons around him". The 2013 Bears offense was almost historically unprecedented in that they almost had a 1300-yard rusher in Forte, and two 1300-yard WRs in Marshall and Jeffery (Marshall had 1421 yards, Jeffery fell short at 1295)...they also had Martellus Bennett at TE having his only (in retrospect) good season.

With all these weapons, Cutler's Rate+ was a middling 103 (teammate Josh McCown's was 129) and his W-L record was a middling 5-6. If ever a QB in NFL history has proven to be mediocre beyond a shadow of a doubt, it was Jay Cutler.

That was about my point too. Problem is that was also around his contract and I knew he wouldn't be gone until 2017. Just like I know Trubisky won't be gone until 2021 because of the picks for Mack. At least Pace's picks for Mack was a better move than Emery's, we can trade Mack if we really need to change QBs.

However I do think 2009 until then played a big part in who Cutler was. He wasn't exactly seasoned vet age when we got him.
The problem now is we brought Trubisky in without an offense but an OK oline. We may or may not have got the WRs, TEs and RB fixed but the oline has gone downhill, either from Sitton's removal or the new coach. It's not hopeless but we certainly haven't done everything we can to help him succeed.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I remember when didshe bet me that Cutler would surpass his Bears numbers with Gase when Cutler joined the Dolphins, I never pushed to collect on that bet because it was literally taking candy from a baby

In didshe's defense, I remember reading the alleged metric-driven Football Outsiders preview for last year, and they predicted big things for the Dolphins despite Tannehill's injury because their metrics said Jay Cutler was a top-10 QB and their would be no drop off from Tannehill's 2016 production. I just don't get it.

2017 Dolphins offense with Cutler = 28th in points, Cutler 80.8 rating (Rate+92)
2016 Dolphins offense with Tannehill = 17th in points, Tannehill 93.5 rating (Rate+107)

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weird. We were told you asked for your account to be deleted, and weren't banned.

Full transparency: That's 110% false.

Past regime both permabanned him and at some point decided to delete the account.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Full transparency: That's a 110% false.

Past regime both permabanned him and at some point decided to delete the account.
That's next level hate. Wtf...

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't know. Don't care. It's in the past. Everyone get along. Etc Misc. Yada Yada Yada

I hear ya, and completely understand, but I can't make any promises about getting along with didshe. Simply put, her postings are pretty consistently below average CCS wide. She's the Jay Cutler of this message board.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Because I'm just hungry, not horny, and death metal isn't sexy...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was talking to OP. He considers himself the mayor of Kuma's. Thanks

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I was talking to OP. He considers himself the mayor of Kuma's. Thanks
Did he consider that to be a mayor of something there has to be a vote and someone has to vote for you?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It will actually be Carson Wentz.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Having Sean McVay plus Gurley, Woods, Cooks, and Kupp certainly doesn't hurt. The offense in general is pretty incredible.

I think he has the capability to continue playing at a high level and become an elite QB. I was very impressed with some of his throws last night(rollout to Cooks on the TD for example). The question is will he become capable enough to play at such a level when he is in a less fortunate situation.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
It's crazy ive predicted the best QBs out of college since Wilson..

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rams Oline is bad ass, too. See how clean Goff's jersey was at the end of that game? Lots of credit to go around for that performance.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Rams Oline is bad ass, too. See how clean Goff's jersey was at the end of that game? Lots of credit to go around for that performance.

Olines are highly overrated :bowrofl:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That was the demise of the last regime. They allocated wrong cap dollars to Cutler.

True.

But I will give them this: You need to bet on a QB. If you get it right, great. But getting it wrong is actually no worse than not betting on one. Keep picking up FA castoffs and/or late draft picks, and you never win.