Goff will be the best player in the NFL

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Maybe in a year or two once Brady and Rodgers phase out.

He has elite accuracy and that release on the run is like silk smooth. He sounds like a leader too when you hear him talk. His demeanor, everything.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Maybe in a year or two once Brady and Rodgers phase out.

He has elite accuracy and that release on the run is like silk smooth. He sounds like a leader too when you hear him talk. His demeanor, everything.

True, and not too long ago, according to every fucking person in the world he was a bust and the rams drafted the wrong QB. Couldn't even throw a spiral and was scared of his own shadow.

Him and Wentz are going to be special, hopefully, if wentz can play like he did last year. Some of the throws Goff made tonight were crazy good.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Goff is certainly looking like a baller, but let's slow our roll here calling him the best OP. It's important to remember you were one of Cutler's biggest nut garglers here, so your QB evaluation skills aren't quite up to par with the average poster on CCS, which is a bar set pretty darn low.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
My take was that Cutler was an average QB. It just was made up of great and horrible plays. Unfortunately, there were more horrible plays against the Packers which IMO magnified peoples perception on here.

Other than him, the Bears have not even had average, atleast sustained throughout a season since probably Kramer in 95. It's so frustrating.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My take was that Cutler was an average QB. It just was made up of great and horrible plays. Unfortunately, there were more horrible plays against the Packers which IMO magnified peoples perception on here.

Other than him, the Bears have not even had average, atleast sustained throughout a season since probably Kramer in 95. It's so frustrating.

Cutler never sustained average throughout a season.

And no, your arguments were not that he was average. Who the hell do you think you're fooling lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He looked as good as a QB can this game. Has excellent weapons but might be headed for elite status especially if Rams get a SB win.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cutler never sustained average throughout a season.

And no, your arguments were not that he was average. Who the hell do you think you're fooling lol

Let me ask you.. who after Kramer in 95 had a better statistical year than what Cutler averaged out to on the Bears? If he wasn't average league wide, then whatever, that's even worse. It's about time the Bears get a QB decision right!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me ask you.. who after Kramer in 95 had a better statistical year than what Cutler averaged out to on the Bears? If he wasn't average league wide, then whatever, that's even worse. It's about time the Bears get a QB decision right!
Josh McCown.

You would think it's about time the Bears got a QB decision right, but they still have not.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Josh McCown.

You would think it's about time the Bears got a QB decision right, but they still have not.

That was the demise of the last regime. They allocated wrong cap dollars to Cutler.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Cutler’s rate+ was anywhere from 92-104 with the Bears, excluding his five games in 2016 with a rate+ of 85. His passer rating was right around the league average, but the league is filled with backups, rookies, journeymen, and players on their last leg any given season,so most long term starters are 105 or better, something Cutler never did once. So Cutler was about average when considering starters, backups, rookies, etc... but towards the bottom for starters when he was on the field. When we also consider his injury issues, which were among the worst for all starting QBs, Cutler was probably the worst long term starter in the modern NFL beyond Bradford.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
"System QB"

:thinking:

napo55

Liked Posts:
Goff looked terrible his rookie year:

54.6 completion percentage
5 TDs
7 Ints

63.6 QB rating

Apparently it's hard for some people to understand, but a lot of young QBs are very bad early in their careers and wind up being excellent players.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
no, he wont. he'll be good for a short while. Famous jocks dont have goofy names like Jared Goff

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My guess is Baker Mayfield.

Cant wait till bears fans say we should have drafted him.

Like that was even possible, LOL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

5 TDs
7 Ints

63.6 QB rating

Apparently it's hard for some people to understand, but a lot of young QBs are very bad early in their careers and wind up being excellent players.

Hard to imagine but he actually looked much worse that those #s. I spoke to an LA fan and asked if he thought it was rookie stuff and Goff had any chance of being an NFL starter. "No chance" was the response.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

5 TDs
7 Ints

63.6 QB rating

well this isn't Tru's rookie year