OT- any interest in gambling

Status
Not open for further replies.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now that the Supreme Court has expanded sports gambling and mods/admin allow the talk of sports gambling is there any interest in discussing weekly sports gambling advise/technique etc for this season?

I’m not a gambler asking for a friend

I have done some light bets in vegas sports books- pre-season superbowl bets for the most part.
Never got in to gambling on games.
Prevent defenses, bad calls, fluke plays... seems like there are a million ways to screw a bet in the last quarter. I think it would add way too much stress and take away from my enjoyment of the game.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If it's really a problem that you have, you will always wind up broke. Even if you make a ton of money, you will just gamble it all away eventually.

True.

I gambled just to be gambling... win a few hundred and it just meant I could make bigger/more bets.
I pissed away a ton of money doing that.
I finally found a middle ground- only allow myself 3 or 4 vegas trips a year, and that is all the gambling I will do for the most part.

Reactions: BNB

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
So who does everyone like this weekend? So far, I have two teasers pending, both with the Rams -1.5, who already won. The other end of my two teasers are Packers -4 over Buffalo and Detroit +9 over Dallas. I also have Pittsburgh -3 over Baltimore as a straight bet.

Also, I always blindly bet on any inter-division home underdog, as that situation has won for me over the long term. This week, there are two: Arizona +3 over Seattle and Denver +5 over KC. I don't feel comfortable with Arizona, but taking them due to the situation.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How are the Packers still -10.5 against the Bills? Admittedly I’m not spread knowledgeable, but that seems like a ton for a team that looked bad last week vs. one that looked like world beaters. What am I missing?

You are missing that this is a sucker bet. Bills will get killed

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
New Orleans saints -3
Detroit +3 1/2

Are my picks

My risk pick and risk cause don’t know how 49ers do without jg I take chargers -9 1/2

1 half betting

Kc-3

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have done some light bets in vegas sports books- pre-season superbowl bets for the most part.
Never got in to gambling on games.
Prevent defenses, bad calls, fluke plays... seems like there are a million ways to screw a bet in the last quarter. I think it would add way too much stress and take away from my enjoyment of the game.

I got hooked when I hit 80-1 odds on patriots winning their first Brady Super Bowl degenerate ever since lol

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's actually a nice guy. He helped me out with a few issues on this site already and did so in a very timely manner.

Not sure why you're being like this.

Threatening to shut down a thread while also saying he needs to get permission for adults to enter into a discussion on a MB... Both bitch moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frank Reich is interested in gambling, though he doesn't seem to be very good at it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm up about $8.9K this year... here's how I do it weekly.

10 separate $100 units. Never any more, no matter how confident I am. $1000 weekly.

Some games will get 2-3 units while others only get 1. As long as you hit 6+/10 weekly, you'll be up big in no time.

The key is knowing when to stop and not go over your 10 units (whatever the denomination may be... $100 for me).

It's really not a lot harder than it sounds if you gamble with discipline.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm up about $8.9K this year... here's how I do it weekly.

10 separate $100 units. Never any more, no matter how confident I am. $1000 weekly.

Some games will get 2-3 units while others only get 1. As long as you hit 6+/10 weekly, you'll be up big in no time.

The key is knowing when to stop and not go over your 10 units (whatever the denomination may be... $100 for me).

It's really not a lot harder than it sounds if you gamble with discipline.

That's the hard part.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also, you're able to pick 10 separate plays every Sunday? Or do you include other sports.

Edit: nvm, I see that you put more than 1 unit on a play... but still, you can come up with 10 units every week?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the hard part.

Not really. There are some pretty surefire investments even if not huge payouts. A lot of people just get too high on a couple big winners and then go over the budget for the week (in my case $1000). PROTIP: You will lose if you think you're smarter than the books.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I hit on 4 different bets first set of games

I only bet on the saints so far for second set but will look at the lines for the 2 half

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not really. There are some pretty surefire investments even if not huge payouts. A lot of people just get too high on a couple big winners and then go over the budget for the week (in my case $1000). PROTIP: You will lose if you think you're smarter than the books.

When I get cocky playing the parlay or money line is when I lose. But hitting one of those sets you up really nice

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just an FYI for everyone. I said earlier this thread to NOT discuss betting websites until I get the OK from the owner...

Rush has said no website discussion or links.

Everything else is ok.... I am going to go thru and remove mentions of all websites in this thread. Please refrain from further mention of gambling websites..

Thanks.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Just an FYI for everyone. I said earlier this thread to NOT discuss betting websites until I get the OK from the owner... Rush has said no website discussion or links. Everything else is ok.... I am going to go thru and remove mentions of all websites in this thread. Please refrain from further mention of gambling websites after clarification from Rush.

Thanks.

I bet on "where ever I please", please don't ban me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.