Which side of the Cutler vs McCown debate were you on in 2013?

• Extend Cutler

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Extend McCown

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Extend both

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Extend neither

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heir apparents are allowed to sit?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't like Cutler before he was here. Really liked McCown.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
After watching the Rams Vicking game last night I realized how far away the Bears are.

After seeing highlights of the Vikings - Bills game, I was thinking the same thing about Minnesota.

The Rams made a Yankee like push to win this year. Suh, Talib, Peters... Huge money to Cooks, Gurley and Donald... Losing Talib is a big blow. They are fun to watch.
I’m happy for Goff too. He’s dumb as hell but he seems like a good kid. He took a beating on the field and from fans his rookie year.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Jay

Always been a mccown fan, even when he was coming out of arizona. Got shit on here saying he’s a kickass backup. He was and still is

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Franchise tag for Cutler. Didn't want to commit big money to him, and didn't want anything to do with McCown.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
This was about the time I finally gave up on Cutler. McCown was outperforming him but he was already getting late in years, so I didn't want him for more than a few seasons. I was hoping we'd draft our own QB, ready to play from day 1 or sit and learn for a season, it didn't matter as long as he ended up being good. Still hopeful with Mitch but worried right now.

cd35

Liked Posts:
I was on the Jay is the starting QB keep him as the starter that year but dont sign him for so much and keep Mccown and have a contest for starter the next year. Competition is always healthy. Even Joe Montana had Young there to keep him uncomfortable, which is good.

I enjoyed watching Mccown but what he did in the few games he played was lightning in a bottle. If you look back it was everything just magically fell into place for him in that short time. He had a bunch of eyes closed stupid throws that magically worked out. Fun to watch but can't and didn't last as he went back to his normal self after.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I was with McCown all the way.
Not that he was the answer.
My reasoning behind it was there was a scrub that was kicking the ever loving shit out of Cutler, a clear example that it was time to move on from Jay and get a real NFL QB on this team.

Line up a 90 year old with a walker in a race with a 300 pound beer drinker who breathes heavy going to the fridge, the 300 pounder is going to kick the shit out of the guy with the walker. Doesnt mean the guy is Usain bolt.... it just means the guy with the walker shouldnt even be on the track.