R. Smith has been disappointing thus far

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
He isn't bad but you expect someone with his athletic ability, instincts and college exp, in big games etc.. To ball out behind our dline he looks so restricted kinda reminds me of what was happening to mitch before the bucs game. will he break out ? When ?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don't think he's getting full reps yet. He hasn't really flashed as a top 10 pick, but we'll see.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He’s a rookie with no camp training. He might not be blowing up offenses but he’s not really screwing up either.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol....it is kind of hard to stand out on this defense......

He is second on the team in tackles and does have a sack. He is doing what they ask him to do and he is world's better in coverage than Kwiatkoski.....some of that does not show up in the stat line.....

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He picks up his game on bye weeks

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think he's getting full reps yet. He hasn't really flashed as a top 10 pick, but we'll see.
I thought he showed flashes in the Packers game, on limited plays.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's already above average in coverage and in getting to the ball carrier. His only issue is tackling, and that will come.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's already above average in coverage and in getting to the ball carrier. His only issue is tackling, and that will come.

He should grow a mustache.

Onions onions onions onions

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Do you know when the QB drops back and cannot find anyone to throw to and then gets hit or throws a stupid pass?

He is a big part of that.

Can anyone remember a non-checkdown reception he has allowed?
I've seen him allow catches in his contested zone plenty he is great on attacking but he is playing with almost no anticipation, doesn't have those insane eyes on the back of his head type of cover plays you and I aren't talking about the same thing. He will eventually get there, imo he is very good. My question was when.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've seen him allow catches in his contested zone plenty he is great on attacking but he is playing with almost no anticipation, doesn't have those insane eyes on the back of his head type of cover plays you and I aren't talking about the same thing. He will eventually get there, imo he is very good. My question was when.

What does PFF have to say? I bet those limey hipsters have all sorts of stats compiled for RoqSmitty. It would be cool to see what hardcore soccer fans with old-timey mustaches think of our new LB.

lurker

Liked Posts:
Do you know when the QB drops back and cannot find anyone to throw to and then gets hit or throws a stupid pass?

He is a big part of that.

Can anyone remember a non-checkdown reception he has allowed?
I believe he allowed a garbage time td in the Seattle game. But I'm with you, he's been good. Fangio seems to agree

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The linebacker that was burned in coverage in Arizona was Trevathan. He was the culprit on both TDs. Smith is doing what he's been asked to do to this point. Only Bear fans... Can't bitch about Mitch this week so...