Mitch played great but one thing I keep seeing ...

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
The guy doesn't like to take his eyes off of his 1st read. An example was the Robinson TD yesterday. Sure, he made an absolutely beautiful pass that Robinson caught but I noticed that Howard was wide open and could have walked it in had Mitch passed it to him instead of lobbing it to Robinson in tight coverage.

I hope he improves in this because against better defenses he'll be left running for his life or (as before), forcing a throw into tight coverage.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
While that may be true, we made AR the highest paid free agent WR so that he can make those types of plays. The elite ones can make a catch in tight coverage. Now if it was Kevin White instead of AR on that play, then a check down would have been the better move. Your point about progressing through his reads is well taken, though.

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy doesn't like to take his eyes off of his 1st read. An example was the Robinson TD yesterday. Sure, he made an absolutely beautiful pass that Robinson caught but I noticed that Howard was wide open and could have walked it in had Mitch passed it to him instead of lobbing it to Robinson in tight coverage.

I hope he improves in this because against better defenses he'll be left running for his life or (as before), forcing a throw into tight coverage.

I just like that he was decisive. Ya, maybe Howard was the easier throw, but Mitch liked what he saw on his first read and pulled the trigger. In past games, he's been hesitating a half second before pulling the trigger and that's been fucking with his timing and accuracy.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubs addressed that exact play in his presser.

He said he saw Howard and knew he was there, but also read single coverage on Robinson, saw he had position, and went for the TD.

Basically, he saw Howard and if he didn't like the Robinson read, he would have gone to him. Pretty much the perfect answer.

If you are gon pick a play to criticize Trubs on, this isn't the one.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Ha ha. Fans crack me up. How do you know where his eyes are looking and what his first or second reads are. lol. I’ve heard Nagy say multiple times “Mitch just went thru his reads and found the open guy”

Does going through your reads mean holding the ball longer because there were multiple big plays yesterday were Mitch sat back and scanned the fields before he thru it. The wheel route where Cohen got behind the defender comes to mind as one

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This Bears ran a lot of wheel routes yesterday. Trubisky was basically looking on one side of the field for his reads.

That was the simplification Nagy was talking about I am sure.

His eyes yesterday stayed on one side of the field.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Trubs addressed that exact play in his presser.

He said he saw Howard and knew he was there, but also read single coverage on Robinson, saw he had position, and went for the TD.

Basically, he saw Howard and if he didn't like the Robinson read, he would have gone to him. Pretty much the perfect answer.

If you are gon pick a play to criticize Trubs on, this isn't the one.

I hear ya and it might sound like the perfect answer because it worked. But from the standpoint of obviously open receivers to a guy that he feels "good" about, thats what scares me. We could have been discussing this in a negative way due to Howards wide open spot had Robinson or Mitch not executed that play.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

He saw Howard he acknowledged it and so did Nagy and if he threw to Howard the corner and Safety may have made the play and got him short of the goal line

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
He saw Howard he acknowledged it and so did Nagy and if he threw to Howard the corner and Safety may have made the play and got him short of the goal line
Or maybe he drops it. A play that results in a TD is always the right one.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The main question mark I still have about Trubisky is can he handle pressure from the rush. Bucs did not apply any pressure on him and thus it was just pitch and catch. He’s a totally different QB when facing pressure.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
The main question mark I still have about Trubisky is can he handle pressure from the rush. Bucs did not apply any pressure on him and thus it was just pitch and catch. He’s a totally different QB when facing pressure.

Most quarterbacks are different when under pressure. Definitely interested to see Mitch make plays while facing a rush.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear ya and it might sound like the perfect answer because it worked. But from the standpoint of obviously open receivers to a guy that he feels "good" about, thats what scares me. We could have been discussing this in a negative way due to Howards wide open spot had Robinson or Mitch not executed that play.

Robinson had position and Trubs anticipated the route.

That literally means open. In fact, its a much higher demonstration of ability to make reads than the wide open dump off.

You have a point about Trubs in general, but you are dead wrong about this play.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I have to say that I find it fucking hilarious how some people, straight faced, earnestly, and without trying to be disparaging, are imagining what it would be like to be the QB of this team, and could make better reads and throws—even if it can’t get better than the 6 points.

I mean, it’s almost like going up to a top attorney, after they deliver an address that convinces a jury of your innocence, saving you from the electric chair, and you saying, « I liked the argument, but maybe if you cried a little during the deliberation, it might have... »

Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I just like that he was decisive. Ya, maybe Howard was the easier throw, but Mitch liked what he saw on his first read and pulled the trigger. In past games, he's been hesitating a half second before pulling the trigger and that's been fucking with his timing and accuracy.

If he made the easier throw, it might have been stopped before the end zone and this goddamn site would have blown up with ‘Mitch always takes the easier route and costs us points’ and I a and on and on...

I think this thread has made me crazy

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to say that I find it fucking hilarious how some people, straight faced, earnestly, and without trying to be disparaging, are imagining what it would be like to be the QB of this team, and could make better reads and throws—even if it can’t get better than the 6 points.

I mean, it’s almost like going up to a top attorney, after they deliver an address that convinces a jury of your innocence, saving you from the electric chair, and you saying, « I liked the argument, but maybe if you cried a little during the deliberation, it might have... »

Fuck.

what the shit are you on about? nobody here thinks they could QB the bears. what does that have to do with anything?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Isn't the idea of having first reads that if your first read is good to go that's the one you go with? I thought Nagy said something like that.
If you run through all your reads before deciding which one is the best to take the field has changed.

Think of them as Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, Plan D. If plan A works you don't go to plan B.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:

Fuck.

There's a difference between how I and some others discuss topics here. Maybe you're used to the other sort of never-ending-personal-attacks on one another that make reading posts here an annoying task. (which is why I don't post much)

Lighten up a bit.... not all of us hate each other or think you're stupid if you don't agree with me.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees or any other hall of fame QB had his number one receiver one on one and had his guy beat they make the same throw 100% of the time..

What a terrible thread

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Isn't the idea of having first reads that if your first read is good to go that's the one you go with? I thought Nagy said something like that.
If you run through all your reads before deciding which one is the best to take the field has changed.

Think of them as Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, Plan D. If plan A works you don't go to plan B.

Exactly. If option 1 is open, even a little bit, that's the throw you make. There's no time to see every option and then choose the most open.

Both Trubs and Nagy said AR was the 1st read. End of story....TD BEARS!