Offseason rumors/discussion thread

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Saying a player who can’t hold a 25 man spot holds more value than a proven bet is funny.

Most of the guys you posted couldn’t hold roster spots were due to their walk rates. Chatwood was assed our due to his walk rate.

They are stuff pitchers that lack command. Ok because they don’t attack the cost.

But if you are considering trading up like that well great strategy for increasing the lottery pool.
Who said anything about them having more value then proven vets?

Simply said they could probably be given an opportunity to make the team out of ST over guys like Duensing Chatwood Smyley and Kintzler

Guys who are due to make a chunk of money but aren't exactly great

So, dont make up something i didn't say

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Considering he hasn't pitched in 2 years , off of TJ surgery, and didn't fair very well the last year he did pitch in 2016...
I have my doubts he gonna come in and dominate, id actually be surprise if whoever he ends up with dont start him out in the minors first just to see where he at now.
you dont know

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Who said anything about them having more value then proven vets?

Simply said they could probably be given an opportunity to make the team out of ST over guys like Duensing Chatwood Smyley and Kintzler

Guys who are due to make a chunk of money but aren't exactly great

So, dont make up something i didn't say

I accually posted payroll commitments that they have to pay regardless. I doubt they bargain bin the pen. The production difference most likely won’t move the needle anyways. If Alozay comes out and blows them away I get it. He is not a AAAA cast off.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I accually posted payroll commitments that they have to pay regardless. I doubt they bargain bin the pen. The production difference most likely won’t move the needle anyways. If Alozay comes out and blows them away I get it. He is not a AAAA cast off.
LMAO
Maybe they should go with your idea and have Carl Edwards start instead

CSF77

Liked Posts:
LMAO
Maybe they should go with your idea and have Carl Edwards start instead

If he got traded to a team like SDP it would be more likely than a contender. Cubs won’t risk shit

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I think i've mentioned this before but I'm curious if Kershaw leaves the dodgers given they have continually failed to capitalize in the playoffs. Doubt he makes much sense for the cubs regardless but could be interesting

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
I think i've mentioned this before but I'm curious if Kershaw leaves the dodgers given they have continually failed to capitalize in the playoffs. Doubt he makes much sense for the cubs regardless but could be interesting

Hard pass.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
RedSox win WS, now Theo gotta work a bit this offseason to match that
[emoji16]

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I kinda doubt he will considering the money he will make..
But
I guess maybe if he thinks he can sign with a better team and get the years and money

Im sure the Dodgers are hoping he does, he due to make 34 and 35 mil the next 2 yrs if he stays...

Dodgers payroll will have 115 mil tied up in 5 players

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It's obvious that the Cubs are nowhere near the Red Sox levels

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
There no matching a WS championship?????

There is no matching the talent on the 2018 Red Sox team. You know that's what I'm saying so I'm not sure why you're acting dumb about it.

The 2016 Cubs won because they took advantage of a fairly down year overall in terms of MLB play. The 2017 Astros and 2018 Red Sox teams are both significantly better than the 2016 Cubs. Anyone who says differently is an idiot.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
There is no matching the talent on the 2018 Red Sox team. You know that's what I'm saying so I'm not sure why you're acting dumb about it.

The 2016 Cubs won because they took advantage of a fairly down year overall in terms of MLB play. The 2017 Astros and 2018 Red Sox teams are both significantly better than the 2016 Cubs. Anyone who says differently is an idiot.
I guess your the dumb one cause i didn't say anything about matching talent...
Said the bosox won WS and theo had to do some work to match that

You know ,win the WS

Thanks
Have a nice day

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I kinda doubt he will considering the money he will make..
But
I guess maybe if he thinks he can sign with a better team and get the years and money

Im sure the Dodgers are hoping he does, he due to make 34 and 35 mil the next 2 yrs if he stays...

Dodgers payroll will have 115 mil tied up in 5 players

I just can't see how he doesn't opt out. He's due about $70 mil for 2 years. Even with the diminished velo it's hard to see someone not giving him at least 3/$100 mil maybe more than that.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I just can't see how he doesn't opt out. He's due about $70 mil for 2 years. Even with the diminished velo it's hard to see someone not giving him at least 3/$100 mil maybe more than that.
Kinda why i said he may...

70 mil is alot for 2 yrs but yes if he feels a contender gonna offer years and $$
He probably will opt

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Kinda why i said he may...

70 mil is alot for 2 yrs but yes if he feels a contender gonna offer years and $$
He probably will opt

Then the question is how hard does LA play on him once he declares? He's no longer their best pitcher but he is continuity and a guy you want on your team.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Considering he hasn't pitched in 2 years , off of TJ surgery, and didn't fair very well the last year he did pitch in 2016...
I have my doubts he gonna come in and dominate, id actually be surprise if whoever he ends up with dont start him out in the minors first just to see where he at now.

Kind of sounds like the recipe a guy named Eovaldi used last year. well, other than throwing 100.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
2 years ago Maddon wasn't even confident enough in Strop to use him in the playoffs. He leaned almost entirely on Chapman/Monty in 2016. That's basically the point I'm making. Year to year you can't predict this stuff.

Yes you can. He got better and earned Joe's trust. Simple as that. You act like pitchers are just a bunch of probability. Uhm no they learn the league and adjust like the hitters do. I could say Strop was a plus slider pitcher back then. Not he knows how to pitch also with a plus slider as a weapon. Marmol had some of the best stuff and never learned how to pitch. He just became more dependent on 1 pitch and never truly mastered how to use it as a strike.

Basically you are saying a pitcher can be good one year and bad the next. I'm saying pitchers evolve as players. Some are just not good and eventually the hitters figure him out. Some lose a pitch or command etc but that falls under not that good. Take Kershaw he lost velocity but still gets guys out. It is because he knows how to pitch.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The game changer was pitching with high velocity. Only Dodger win was driven by a kid that hovered 98-100. Boston had 3 guys that sat 98-100 in the pen.

Hitting wise Boston never gave up outs. Every out was earned by LA and it wore the staff out.

Cora rolled the dice with the staff and Price saved his ass. About it on that part. That could have back fired.

Boston will have to pony up to continue this run with the back of the pen going on. Eovdelli should be getting plenty of offers. So they will be pressed to retain.