Offseason rumors/discussion thread

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
He would be a decent pick up for a team looking at a depth SP.

I think you're potentially having too narrow of a view. We're talking about a guy who can't stay healthy but who we know has top tier stuff. Maybe he still wants to start and wouldn't consider any other offers but to me this screams of the opportunity to add a potential impact bullpen arm at a reduced price.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think you're potentially having too narrow of a view. We're talking about a guy who can't stay healthy but who we know has top tier stuff. Maybe he still wants to start and wouldn't consider any other offers but to me this screams of the opportunity to add a potential impact bullpen arm at a reduced price.

Not against it. I feel that they should target Britton or Miller. As a depth piece he is fine but he has been exclusively a starter so I’m not sure on the fit.

I feel that they already have too much invested into the pen as dead weight. Chatwood, Duesing and Kintzler are costing 21.5M and are replacement quality players.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm curious if the cubs could deal Bote for a decent LH reliever. Not saying necessarily like...IDK chapman level LH reliever but maybe something similar to strop or a step below him. Main reason I'm wondering this is Giambrone is killing the AFL in a very similar way to what Bote did only I believe the defensive scouting on him is better than it was for Bote. Bote probably isn't a starter on a playoff contender but you'd have what 6 years of control for a rebuilding team? That seems like a pretty strong value.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hoerner: .347/.362/.506 89 AB 18% SO
Giambrone: .327/.400/.490 49 AB 34.6% SO rate.

I'm not sold on him myself. Hoerner IMO should be pushed though.

AA SS should be Ademan. They might hold him back though. 23.9% SO's so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
Zack Short .227/.356/.417 17 HR's. 31.1 SO% honestly he will get exploited vs AAAA pitching.

Being aggressive they could push Nico to AAA SS. It would raise some eyebrows but he is more advanced than the SS's ahead of him.

At AA Trent held a .251/.333/.440 22% SO He feels filler honestly. Bote is basically the same guy. It is fine to have him the starting 2B at Iowa because that team was horrid last year and they need to expunge it of the poor talent.

They drug their feet on Vosler but he came up and put up .263/.306/.458 with 11 HR's.
Ryan Court felt why not. .262/.362/.407
Chesny Young has been a disappointment. .266/.304/.303 scrub.
Bruno as above .240/.314/.321

I could see a turn over very easily.

Make the IF: Bote 3B, Nico SS, Trent 2B and Vosler 1B OF Burks LF, (open) Martinez RF So CF is a area that they might pick up a AAAA guy for depth.

That is they way I would approach it myself.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'm curious if the cubs could deal Bote for a decent LH reliever. Not saying necessarily like...IDK chapman level LH reliever but maybe something similar to strop or a step below him. Main reason I'm wondering this is Giambrone is killing the AFL in a very similar way to what Bote did only I believe the defensive scouting on him is better than it was for Bote. Bote probably isn't a starter on a playoff contender but you'd have what 6 years of control for a rebuilding team? That seems like a pretty strong value.

I am not going back to look, but I did not even know Bote was in the organization before he got called up and really dont know if anyone had any defensive stats on him. He just got here and started making Javy quality plays anywhere they put him.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
IF....Theo wants to make a major splash with the lineup

Cubs could move Schwarber Russell and Heyward this offseason

Sign Harper
Sign Donaldson
Trade for Merrifield

Lineup

Merrifield 2B
Bryant LF
Rizzo 1B
Harper RF
Donaldson 3B
Baez SS
Contreras C
Almora CF

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Is that a If Theo. Because I haven’t heard squat.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Theo wants to make a major splash with the lineup

Sign Harper
Sign Donaldson
Trade for Merrifield

Lineup

Merrifield 2B
Bryant LF
Rizzo 1B
Harper RF
Donaldson 3B
Baez SS
Contreras C
Almora CF

Cocaine is a helluva drug, son.

Get help.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
IF....Theo wants to make a major splash with the lineup

Sign Harper
Sign Donaldson
Trade for Merrifield

Lineup

Merrifield 2B
Bryant LF
Rizzo 1B
Harper RF
Donaldson 3B
Baez SS
Contreras C
Almora CF

Maybe Rizzo, Bryant, Harper, the back to back lefties usually dont happen here. I just think if Theo is gonna want to tell Joe how to do his job with the lineup, you might as well just replace him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I dont take any rumors seriously

“Watching Blackhawks”. Sign with Cubs

Dinner with Bryant. Sign with Cubs.

Life doesn’t revolve around baseball.

Dinner with the Rickett’s...ya then it starts to get spicy

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Too vague to take seriously.

I dont take any rumors seriously

“Watching Blackhawks”. Sign with Cubs

Dinner with Bryant. Sign with Cubs.

Life doesn’t revolve around baseball.

Dinner with the Rickett’s...ya then it starts to get spicy

It was for the White Sox. They secured an in person meeting with him and threw a pitch at him at the United Center according to mlbtraderumors