Offseason rumors/discussion thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If the cubs end up pretty much doing nothing with the offense, I think it gonna end up being close to what we saw last year..
Alot of 3 runs or less games

Idk. I think we could see another break out season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sox added Nova. So now they have a TOR. And a legit closer in Coleme. A play on Harper makes sense honestly. Wouldn’t shock me to see a 400M offer next.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sox added Nova. So now they have a TOR. And a legit closer in Coleme. A play on Harper makes sense honestly. Wouldn’t shock me to see a 400M offer next.

Nova a TOR????? I don't think so. He replaces Shields and gets flipped at the deadline.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nova a TOR????? I don't think so. He replaces Shields and gets flipped at the deadline.

On that team? Ya

I see them place holding for Cease right now. Nova is a nice TOR roster filler. Nova/Rondon/Lopez and who ever shakes out as the 4-5.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
On that team? Ya

I see them place holding for Cease right now. Nova is a nice TOR roster filler. Nova/Rondon/Lopez and who ever shakes out as the 4-5.

I think Nova holds down the 4 spot. It's be Rodon/Lopez/Giolito/Nova/ and I think Stephens (at least I hope). Nova fliipped for Cease. Giolito/Cease/Stephens fighting it out in 2020 for the 5th spot as Kopech is back.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I like Lopez also but I don’t see them thrusting him into opening day this year. I’m pretty sure that is why they went after Nova to take on that strain.

But ya he should get flipped when Cease promotes.

I think Fry might be a dark horse for a 2nd lefty. I believe that he started a game and honestly has looked the part last year.

Big foot should get the other spot. I really don’t know on him myself. Huge disappointment for sure to this point. But put up 170 innings so you do have inning soaked

Over all I believe they post the most on Harper. Question is if he accepts it. This year no. Next year with Eloy, Cease and Kopech they are fucking wrecking ball. I honestly believe he takes it and plays up to he best team in Chitown with Bryant.

As far as the Cubs are concerned I have a feeling Schwarber breaks out this year. Last year he was more focused on his D. With that proven now he rededicates into hitting lefties. I put nothing past this kid and we could see 40 bombs IMO

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I like Lopez also but I don’t see them thrusting him into opening day this year. I’m pretty sure that is why they went after Nova to take on that strain.

But ya he should get flipped when Cease promotes.

I think Fry might be a dark horse for a 2nd lefty. I believe that he started a game and honestly has looked the part last year.

Big foot should get the other spot. I really don’t know on him myself. Huge disappointment for sure to this point. But put up 170 innings so you do have inning soaked

Over all I believe they post the most on Harper. Question is if he accepts it. This year no. Next year with Eloy, Cease and Kopech they are fucking wrecking ball. I honestly believe he takes it and plays up to he best team in Chitown with Bryant.

As far as the Cubs are concerned I have a feeling Schwarber breaks out this year. Last year he was more focused on his D. With that proven now he rededicates into hitting lefties. I put nothing past this kid and we could see 40 bombs IMO

I'm not a believer in Cease as a starter. I do think he'll be one hell of a closer though. That said if I'm the Sox I give him one more full year in the minors to try to develop that third pitch.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm not a believer in Cease as a starter. I do think he'll be one hell of a closer though. That said if I'm the Sox I give him one more full year in the minors to try to develop that third pitch.

I think Cease put that to bed last season. He is one of the best RHSP prospects in baseball.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I think Cease put that to bed last season. He is one of the best RHSP prospects in baseball.

He's performed admirably on the minor league level. You can get a lot of AA bats out with a devastating curve and 98 mph fastball, you need a third pitch though to be a TOR in MLB. I'm not saying he can't do it, he may do it, what I'm saying is that the changeup isn't there yet and it's a question mark.

He also needs to get to a 100 inning year in the minors before even getting that chance. So far 71 innings is his top mark. This is a top flight MLB prospect.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He's performed admirably on the minor league level. You can get a lot of AA bats out with a devastating curve and 98 mph fastball, you need a third pitch though to be a TOR in MLB. I'm not saying he can't do it, he may do it, what I'm saying is that the changeup isn't there yet and it's a question mark.

I agree to a degree. Alozay has the same issue going on. Talent wise Cease is a notch above.

I really don’t see it as needing a 3rd pitch. If you have fastball command it really over rides that. You look at Rich Hill. Does he even own a change up? He is a curve ball pitcher that plays his fastball off of.

Cease really needs command.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hill has mastered his curve and uses it at diffrent speeds. I honestly feel that the whole 3-4 pitches is fine for run of the mill talent. But mastering what you have pays off more.

On the Cubs the most talented arm is Maples. Best stuff. 3 pitches all plus. Has shitty command and can’t play at the next level.

Chatwood. Shitty command. Lost his job and looks like a chump.

It is more about mastering what he has vs worrying about what he doesn’t.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Depending on price Tulow could be an interesting addition. He's not been healthy so I doubt anyone is offering him a starting gig. Cubs offering him close to starter playing time given the way Maddon uses his bench would be appealing you'd think.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
With Hyde getting the Orioles manager job, maybe that opens the door for Ross as bench coach..

He could be a part of that "leader" in the dugout for the players

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Depending on price Tulow could be an interesting addition. He's not been healthy so I doubt anyone is offering him a starting gig. Cubs offering him close to starter playing time given the way Maddon uses his bench would be appealing you'd think.

Think the A's are offering him 2B. He wants to be more than a bench warmer. I could see him at 2B with the Cubs. He fills a player leader and MI depth at league min.

But he would cost major league min for 2 years. Toronto would cover the remainder and the buy out. It would be a solid deal but he would want to start.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
With Hyde getting the Orioles manager job, maybe that opens the door for Ross as bench coach..

He could be a part of that "leader" in the dugout for the players

Not sure if Ross is ready to settle this year. Is he still doing ESPN?