Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Did the rest and therapy work?
Dumb Question. The therapy obviously worked.

Did the new swing work?
Yes. The new swing worked. What did you expect from a swing retool in the middle of the season along with a late entry coming back toward the end of the season?

Do you need a degree to see there is a problem?
It would be nice if you got a 8th grade diploma.

He missed 60 games. How many weeks was he off? so no baseball for 6 months and his shoulder will be fine for 162 games 40 homers and 100 RBI's next year?
Yes. It's called rest and thereapy, which rest was not a ton of the agenda during the season/rehab.
Surgery was an option when it was first injured and he did not want it. Rest and therapy was an option. Rest and therapy did not work. So just another hope and prayer that it will work again. Real world, something does not work, you try something else.
I've stated this already. The MRI came back clean. What are you operating on?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
No. I'm not trading him.

I'd only trade him if I got someone like Trout, Sale, Kershaw in the deal and that's not going to happen. Not doing it for prospects.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So the experts here think Therapy and rest worked. Its funny, I dont remember KB doing squat in september or october. OK, well .270 2 home runs 8 RBi, with 32 K in those 84 at bats. Boy, thats stellar. That month of rest and therapy worked. Good thought.

I mean, it is baseball, right? That is what we should be thinking about. This guy wants 30 million a year, not to be 2016, but what we got in 2017 and 2018. Yes, he was injured on 2018, so, well, surgery is not the next step?

I am not saying to trade him, I am saying they need to fix him.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
So the experts here think Therapy and rest worked. Its funny, I dont remember KB doing squat in september or october. OK, well .270 2 home runs 8 RBi, with 32 K in those 84 at bats. Boy, thats stellar. That month of rest and therapy worked. Good thought.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

I mean, it is baseball, right? That is what we should be thinking about. This guy wants 30 million a year, not to be 2016, but what we got in 2017 and 2018. Yes, he was injured on 2018, so, well, surgery is not the next step?

Surgery is the next step if surgery is medically appropriate and necessary. You don't know that. You can't know that. Only the Cubs team doctor knows that. So just shut up about it already. You're an emotionally upset fan who wants "action" to feel better. Grow up.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's almost like he missed a significant portion of the season and couldn't get comfortable at the plate when he came back. Shame on him. That never happens at the MLB level.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Bryant is one of the most overrated players in MLB. Cubs would be crazy to pay him 25M/yr

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bryant is one of the most overrated players in MLB. Cubs would be crazy to pay him 25M/yr

Bryant is actually underrated.

Cubs offense with a healthy, productive Bryant was #1 scoring offense in all of MLB.

He gets hurt, and they are # 25.

Not the only factor, but his impact is tremendous, yet many can't see it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Half-baked plans are the best plans.

It's like reading the Cards' forum. Every day there is a thread stating that "PlayerX is terrible. They should trade him for <Insert name of superstar here>" Player X would change day to day, but there was always a Mike Trout or Chris Sale coming back.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Inflammation does not indicate surgery. It's like you don't know anything.

Inflammation, hmmm. Does this mean that if a player got concussed that Dr. Idiot would call for brain surgery?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
What does that Theo guy know, anyway?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bryant was asked after the loss the other night and said no surgery, just strengthening during the offseason...said he'll be ready for spring training.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Bryant observation. He said he tried to 2 hand his swing after his injury. He came back and did not do as well.

Physics. You cannot change 1 thing, with out at least considering complementary changes. For every action/equal and opposite reaction thing.

To my eyes, he did not get around as well with 2 hands. For the 2 handed swing that he wants (to protect his shoulder), he should open up his stance a bit, and set his legs closer together. This would allow his hips to rotate easier, and not have his upper body and lower body fight each other.

Kyle Schwarber, I would like him to adopt a more traditional baseball (see Ben Zobrist, but he's kinda extreme - specifically holding the bat closer to his shoulder/ear) stance, and not look like a pot bellied, backwards hat wearing softball slugger out there.

New hitting coach next year for sure.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
A year ago I would have thought no way, but I'm tired of strikeouts in key situations.

I would have to get a lot in return, but if some team was willing to part with an SP and decent position player, I would consider it.

And yes, I know Kris was hurt this year
Not this year but if he not going to sign an extension ( he supposedly turned down 200 mil offer), then yes he could end up being a trade piece before he hits FA in 3 yrs

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Could we stop with the "2017 was a bad year for Kris Bryant" talk? That's insane. His 2016 numbers were .292/.385/.554 .396 wOBA 148 wRC+, in 2017 they were .295/.409/.537 .399 wOBA 146 wRC+. He was a 7.9 WAR player in 2016 and 6.7 in 2017. Funny how those numbers are nearly identical huh?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could we stop with the "2017 was a bad year for Kris Bryant" talk? That's insane. His 2016 numbers were .292/.385/.554 .396 wOBA 148 wRC+, in 2017 they were .295/.409/.537 .399 wOBA 146 wRC+. He was a 7.9 WAR player in 2016 and 6.7 in 2017. Funny how those numbers are nearly identical huh?

That doesn’t matter. I remember an at bat with a guy in scoring position and he struck out. I can only conclude he is not a clutch player from that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That doesn’t matter. I remember an at bat with a guy in scoring position and he struck out. I can only conclude he is not a clutch player from that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He struck out 34 of his 89 at bats he got after he came back healed.

What was the original deal they talked about with the cubs matching up with the mets, was it DeGrom for Bryant or DeGrom and someone but they asked for Bryant?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
He struck out 34 of his 89 at bats he got after he came back healed.

What was the original deal they talked about with the cubs matching up with the mets, was it DeGrom for Bryant or DeGrom and someone but they asked for Bryant?

No idea what deal you're referring to.