Would You Consider Trading Bryant?

garapp

Liked Posts:
A year ago I would have thought no way, but I'm tired of strikeouts in key situations.

I would have to get a lot in return, but if some team was willing to part with an SP and decent position player, I would consider it.

And yes, I know Kris was hurt this year

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Only for Sale or Kershaw :thinking:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:hawked:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You need to get KB healthy, like I posted in the other thread.

Now if KB does not want surgery, and is convinced he will get back to normal, then, yes, I think you consider trading him because I do not think the shoulder gets fixed with rest or rehab. Muscles tear and need the tear to be cut away.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:

Now if KB does not want surgery, and is convinced he will get back to normal, then, yes, I think you consider trading him because I do not think the shoulder gets fixed with rest or rehab. Muscles tear and need the tear to be cut away.

yes he needs to have surgery and get it cleaned up. now is the time to do it.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Is your assessment of Bryant's shoulder based on your professional medical opinion and your personal examination of him?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Is your assessment of Bryant's shoulder based on your professional medical opinion and your personal examination of him?

Its based on the amount of jizz you leave in your sock staring into his blue eyes.

He got rest, he got time off, he got rehab, it still hurts enough to effect his hitting. Do you really need more than that? Is he the one guy in the history of the world who's muscle is going to heal and magically form back together? It tears, it scars, it does not reattach. You let it keep going you are cutting a muscle from a different part of your body and attaching it in there.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Its based on the amount of jizz you leave in your sock staring into his blue eyes.

"Cunty hot-take artist gets angry when called on his bullshit. More at 11."

He got rest, he got time off, he got rehab, it still hurts enough to effect his hitting. Do you really need more than that? Is he the one guy in the history of the world who's muscle is going to heal and magically form back together? It tears, it scars, it does not reattach. You let it keep going you are cutting a muscle from a different part of your body and attaching it in there.

Ah, so it turns out you're not a doctor of any sort and you haven't personally examined Bryant's shoulder. Nevertheless, you know more about this than the Cubs and have an informed opinion about what they should proceed with. Got it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A year ago I would have thought no way, but I'm tired of strikeouts in key situations.

I would have to get a lot in return, but if some team was willing to part with an SP and decent position player, I would consider it.

And yes, I know Kris was hurt this year

The offense with Bryant was #1 in runs scored.

The offense without Bryant was # 25.

I'd consider locking him up now!

TL1961

Liked Posts:

One does not need a professional medical opinion, or any medical training whatsoever when one has the internet. Get with the times. :)

TL1961

Liked Posts:

So, if he isn't coming back healthy, trade him? To Jack, along with magic beans?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Half-baked plans are the best plans.

do you mean being half-baked while making plans or making plans that are half-baked? Personally I prefer being wholly baked while making plans....if you're going to be wrong, then go down in flames!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
"Cunty hot-take artist gets angry when called on his bullshit. More at 11."

Ah, so it turns out you're not a doctor of any sort and you haven't personally examined Bryant's shoulder. Nevertheless, you know more about this than the Cubs and have an informed opinion about what they should proceed with. Got it.

Did the rest and therapy work? Did the new swing work? Do you need a degree to see there is a problem? He missed 60 games. How many weeks was he off? so no baseball for 6 months and his shoulder will be fine for 162 games 40 homers and 100 RBI's next year? Surgery was an option when it was first injured and he did not want it. Rest and therapy was an option. Rest and therapy did not work. So just another hope and prayer that it will work again. Real world, something does not work, you try something else.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Did the rest and therapy work? Did the new swing work? Do you need a degree to see there is a problem? He missed 60 games. How many weeks was he off? so no baseball for 6 months and his shoulder will be fine for 162 games 40 homers and 100 RBI's next year? Surgery was an option when it was first injured and he did not want it. Rest and therapy was an option. Rest and therapy did not work. So just another hope and prayer that it will work again. Real world, something does not work, you try something else.

"Just try the labrum surgery, what could go wrong?"

:facepalm: