Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 97

Thread: Obvious bait and troll thread. Proceed at your own risk.

  1. #1
    Premium Member CRM 114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,403

    Default Obvious bait and troll thread. Proceed at your own risk.

    With the poor leadership in the Cubs clubhouse and the Hawks starting their season soon I think it's a good time to appreciate what the Hawks have in Captain Jonathan Toews.

    I've loved Toews ever since we've drafted him and when he was named captain I was elated. I love the Hawks as a whole but it is extra wonderful when Toews is on the ice. He is a perfect example of how to act both on and off the ice and someone that we should all look up to. He exemplifies greatness in every way. When I'm at the United Center, I always cheer loudest when Captain Toews has the puck as I know one way or another it will end up in the back of the opponent's net before long. As good as his stats are, it is all the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, in addition to his excellent leadership that makes him elite. The captain is always there to provide stability and maturity when the players around him embarrass the organization by punching cabbies, sleeping with teammates' wives or getting drunk and falling down a set of stairs. He has absolutely and unequivocally deserved to be the first one to hoist Lord Stanley's cup above his head all three times he's won the cup and arguably deserved to win the Conn Smythe all three of those years as well. As much as I don't like to see the Americans lose, his contributions towards getting Team Canada two gold medals can also not be overstated. Is he perfect, no, but who is? He is probably as close to perfection as a human and hockey player can get. I will weep considerably when he decides to retire but his name and number will always live on in the United Center rafters, where future generations can admire his greatness, until the end of time.

    This only scratches the surface and I will add more to this thread from time to time. Feel free to express your appreciation for Captain Toews as well.

    Thanks for everything Johnny and may this only be the beginning.
    Last edited by CRM 114; 11-04-2018 at 04:52 PM.

  2. #2
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    26,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRM 114 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the poor leadership in the Cubs clubhouse and the Hawks starting their season soon I think it's a good time to appreciate what the Hawks have in Captain Jonathan Toews.

    I've loved Toews ever since we've drafted him and when he was named captain I was elated. I love the Hawks as a whole but it is extra wonderful when Toews is on the ice. He is a perfect example of how to act both on and off the ice and someone that we should all look up to. He exemplifies greatness in every way. When I'm at the United Center, I always cheer loudest when Captain Toews has the puck as I know one way or another it will end up in the back of the opponent's net before long. As good as his stats are, it is all the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, in addition to his excellent leadership that makes him elite. The captain is always there to provide stability and maturity when the players around him embarrass the organization by punching cabbies, sleeping with teammates' wives or getting drunk and falling down a set of stairs. He has absolutely and unequivocally deserved to be the first one to hoist Lord Stanley's cup above his head all three times he's won the cup and arguably deserved to win the Conn Smythe all three of those years as well. As much as I don't like to see the Americans lose, his contributions towards getting Team Canada two gold medals can also not be overstated. Is he perfect, no, but who is? He is probably as close to perfection as a human and hockey player can get. I will weep considerably when he decides to retire but his name and number will always live on in the United Center rafters, where future generations can admire his greatness, until the end of time.

    This only scratches the surface and I will add more to this thread from time to time. Feel free to express your appreciation for Captain Toews as well.

    Thanks for everything Johnny and may this only be the beginning.
    Last few seasons it is only the beginning, of the end.


    Thanks.

  3. #3
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    He's been declining since he signed the albatross of a contract #facts. You're wrong and you know it.

  4. #4
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    I dont hate the guy like most do. Just like Seabrook, who can blame these guys for signing on the dotted line?

    I am pretty sure that Toews dealt with the same stuff Crawford is dealing with, but came back too soon and thinks its the new normal. You cant just shoot in the middle of the two fuzzy goals or make a pass between 6 defenders when there are only 3.

    Eventually someone will cut open one of these guys melons when they donate their brain to science on their death and see the damage.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  5. #5
    Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRM 114 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the poor leadership in the Cubs clubhouse and the Hawks starting their season soon I think it's a good time to appreciate what the Hawks have in Captain Jonathan Toews.

    I've loved Toews ever since we've drafted him and when he was named captain I was elated. I love the Hawks as a whole but it is extra wonderful when Toews is on the ice. He is a perfect example of how to act both on and off the ice and someone that we should all look up to. He exemplifies greatness in every way. When I'm at the United Center, I always cheer loudest when Captain Toews has the puck as I know one way or another it will end up in the back of the opponent's net before long. As good as his stats are, it is all the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, in addition to his excellent leadership that makes him elite. The captain is always there to provide stability and maturity when the players around him embarrass the organization by punching cabbies, sleeping with teammates' wives or getting drunk and falling down a set of stairs. He has absolutely and unequivocally deserved to be the first one to hoist Lord Stanley's cup above his head all three times he's won the cup and arguably deserved to win the Conn Smythe all three of those years as well. As much as I don't like to see the Americans lose, his contributions towards getting Team Canada two gold medals can also not be overstated. Is he perfect, no, but who is? He is probably as close to perfection as a human and hockey player can get. I will weep considerably when he decides to retire but his name and number will always live on in the United Center rafters, where future generations can admire his greatness, until the end of time.

    This only scratches the surface and I will add more to this thread from time to time. Feel free to express your appreciation for Captain Toews as well.

    Thanks for everything Johnny and may this only be the beginning.
    lol.

  6. #6
    Scratched for Vorobiev LordKOTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    6,751

    Default

    To be fair, Toews looked really good this preseason.

    I'm hoping he keeps it up. Even if it's synergy from being buoyed by El Gato, it's a good thing.

    In the end though he has to continue executing.
    Hidden Content
    "Thank you Dr. Karpotsev...." ~Pat Foley
    Hidden Content

  7. #7
    Premium Member CRM 114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol.
    What could possibly be funny?

  8. #8
    Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRM 114 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What could possibly be funny?
    Nothing personal and no offense intended, but your fanboy post is ridiculous.

    Exemplifies greatness? close to human perfection? Ewww.

    He’s a really good hockey player for our team, he’s not Jesus.

  9. #9
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing personal and no offense intended, but your fanboy post is ridiculous.

    Exemplifies greatness? close to human perfection? Ewww.

    He’s a really good hockey player for our team, he’s not Jesus.
    Tribar is doing this to "troll me" he's wrong and he knows it. He's been trolling Slacks and Discords for years with his fake Toews praise.

  10. #10
    Urblocks Wife Got a Raise Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,172

    Default

    Bro, do you even ****OFFICIAL THREAD**** right?
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  11. #11
    Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tribar is doing this to "troll me" he's wrong and he knows it. He's been trolling Slacks and Discords for years with his fake Toews praise.
    Gotcha, my bad.

    OP - fuck off.

  12. #12
    CCS Staff Bigfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CCS Enforcer
    Posts
    6,945

    Default


  13. #13
    CCS Donator Spunky Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW Burbs
    Posts
    13,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tribar is doing this to "troll me" he's wrong and he knows it. He's been trolling Slacks and Discords for years with his fake Toews praise.
    Doubtful he has a Toews jersey.

  14. #14
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    26,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spunky Porkstacker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doubtful he has a Toews jersey.
    He claims he has several "Toewsters" as well, but has never produced a picture of one that he owns.

  15. #15
    High Ranking Member BearDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bro, do you even ****OFFICIAL THREAD**** right?
    This was clearly never intended to be a real official thread.

  16. #16
    All-Star Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,961

    Default

    harhaharharhahrhahrahrhar

  17. #17
    Premium Member CRM 114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    harhaharharhahrhahrahrhar
    What could possibly be funny?

  18. #18
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    what a game by Toews.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  19. #19
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what a game by Toews.
    It won't last.

  20. #20
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Jonathan Toews on pace to score 162 goals this year.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  21. #21
    Premium Member CRM 114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what a game by Toews.
    Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jonathan Toews on pace to score 162 goals this year.
    I think he can do it too. We are so lucky to have a captain this clutch.

  22. #22
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRM 114 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he can do it too. We are so lucky to have a captain this clutch.
    I would love to push you and your wheelchair off of the Willis Tower.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •