Obvious bait and troll thread. Proceed at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the poor leadership in the Cubs clubhouse and the Hawks starting their season soon I think it's a good time to appreciate what the Hawks have in Captain Jonathan Toews.

I've loved Toews ever since we've drafted him and when he was named captain I was elated. I love the Hawks as a whole but it is extra wonderful when Toews is on the ice. He is a perfect example of how to act both on and off the ice and someone that we should all look up to. He exemplifies greatness in every way. When I'm at the United Center, I always cheer loudest when Captain Toews has the puck as I know one way or another it will end up in the back of the opponent's net before long. As good as his stats are, it is all the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, in addition to his excellent leadership that makes him elite. The captain is always there to provide stability and maturity when the players around him embarrass the organization by punching cabbies, sleeping with teammates' wives or getting drunk and falling down a set of stairs. He has absolutely and unequivocally deserved to be the first one to hoist Lord Stanley's cup above his head all three times he's won the cup and arguably deserved to win the Conn Smythe all three of those years as well. As much as I don't like to see the Americans lose, his contributions towards getting Team Canada two gold medals can also not be overstated. Is he perfect, no, but who is? He is probably as close to perfection as a human and hockey player can get. I will weep considerably when he decides to retire but his name and number will always live on in the United Center rafters, where future generations can admire his greatness, until the end of time.

This only scratches the surface and I will add more to this thread from time to time. Feel free to express your appreciation for Captain Toews as well.

Thanks for everything Johnny and may this only be the beginning.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With the poor leadership in the Cubs clubhouse and the Hawks starting their season soon I think it's a good time to appreciate what the Hawks have in Captain Jonathan Toews.

I've loved Toews ever since we've drafted him and when he was named captain I was elated. I love the Hawks as a whole but it is extra wonderful when Toews is on the ice. He is a perfect example of how to act both on and off the ice and someone that we should all look up to. He exemplifies greatness in every way. When I'm at the United Center, I always cheer loudest when Captain Toews has the puck as I know one way or another it will end up in the back of the opponent's net before long. As good as his stats are, it is all the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, in addition to his excellent leadership that makes him elite. The captain is always there to provide stability and maturity when the players around him embarrass the organization by punching cabbies, sleeping with teammates' wives or getting drunk and falling down a set of stairs. He has absolutely and unequivocally deserved to be the first one to hoist Lord Stanley's cup above his head all three times he's won the cup and arguably deserved to win the Conn Smythe all three of those years as well. As much as I don't like to see the Americans lose, his contributions towards getting Team Canada two gold medals can also not be overstated. Is he perfect, no, but who is? He is probably as close to perfection as a human and hockey player can get. I will weep considerably when he decides to retire but his name and number will always live on in the United Center rafters, where future generations can admire his greatness, until the end of time.

This only scratches the surface and I will add more to this thread from time to time. Feel free to express your appreciation for Captain Toews as well.

Last few seasons it is only the beginning, of the end.

Thanks.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been declining since he signed the albatross of a contract #facts. You're wrong and you know it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont hate the guy like most do. Just like Seabrook, who can blame these guys for signing on the dotted line?

I am pretty sure that Toews dealt with the same stuff Crawford is dealing with, but came back too soon and thinks its the new normal. You cant just shoot in the middle of the two fuzzy goals or make a pass between 6 defenders when there are only 3.

Eventually someone will cut open one of these guys melons when they donate their brain to science on their death and see the damage.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

lol.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair, Toews looked really good this preseason.

I'm hoping he keeps it up. Even if it's synergy from being buoyed by El Gato, it's a good thing.

In the end though he has to continue executing.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
What could possibly be funny?

Nothing personal and no offense intended, but your fanboy post is ridiculous.

Exemplifies greatness? close to human perfection? Ewww.

He’s a really good hockey player for our team, he’s not Jesus.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing personal and no offense intended, but your fanboy post is ridiculous.

Exemplifies greatness? close to human perfection? Ewww.

He’s a really good hockey player for our team, he’s not Jesus.

Tribar is doing this to "troll me" he's wrong and he knows it. He's been trolling Slacks and Discords for years with his fake Toews praise.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bro, do you even ****OFFICIAL THREAD**** right?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.