Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cubs heavy favorites to land Bryce Harper according to odds

Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling it now. Harper goes to sox for 400M+.
    Sox will be missing the playoffs for a long time cause they wont be able to afford much talent after that, piecing together average to below average players to form a roster

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Sox will be missing the playoffs for a long time cause they wont be able to afford much talent after that, piecing together average to below average players to form a roster
    not really up on the sox, but they have 1b, 2b, SS, Eloy will be up, I think they have a few garcias for the rest of the bench/outfield, a highlight center fielder, and pitching even without Kopech and only Abreu is costing some coin.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    not really up on the sox, but they have 1b, 2b, SS, Eloy will be up, I think they have a few garcias for the rest of the bench/outfield, a highlight center fielder, and pitching even without Kopech and only Abreu is costing some coin.
    Abreu 32 already

Moncada still questionable, struck out over 200 times last year

Tim Anderson has potential

Engel all defense no bat

A. Garcia has some power, still questionable

Their young pitching from last year are all still questionable, all had ERA between 4 and 6+

Kopech injury sets him back til at least 2020 and he will have to start all over again, so if things go smooth for him and he doesn't fall back or lose anything, he wont be making an impact on MLB level til 2021/22 the earliest

Cease and Jiminez are still unknown at MLB level, yes there that potential but we wont know the impact until they get there...
    I mean i wish the cubs still had Jiminez but he could end up being Schwarber his first couple years...

So, im just not sold yet on the sox being close

Adding Harper or Machado and that salary now, i think will set them back not push forward

They need to continue to tank for high picks and try and get lucky with Flips for a couple more years, see what they actually have with the young pitching

Trade Abreu for prospects now while he still has value

Abreu 32 already

Moncada still questionable, struck out over 200 times last year

Tim Anderson has potential

Engel all defense no bat

A. Garcia has some power, still questionable

Their young pitching from last year are all still questionable, all had ERA between 4 and 6+

Kopech injury sets him back til at least 2020 and he will have to start all over again, so if things go smooth for him and he doesn't fall back or lose anything, he wont be making an impact on MLB level til 2021/22 the earliest

Cease and Jiminez are still unknown at MLB level, yes there that potential but we wont know the impact until they get there...
    I mean i wish the cubs still had Jiminez but he could end up being Schwarber his first couple years...

So, im just not sold yet on the sox being close

Adding Harper or Machado and that salary now, i think will set them back not push forward

They need to continue to tank for high picks and try and get lucky with Flips for a couple more years, see what they actually have with the young pitching

Trade Abreu for prospects now while he still has value
    Rumor has them in on Nelson Cruz. I would target Donaldson also. That.gives me 3 solid RH power bats with Abreau. I would need 2 LH bats to balance.

Moenceda is like Baez. Just takes time to play at a higher level. The talent is there.

Harper makes sense though. I would target him alone though and build around him. Basically have a 3/4/5 of Aberau/Harper/Jimenez. Then Optimize from in house.

Pitching is another concern. I think they are 2 years out there so they need a TOR. I would over offer Evodeli

new reports out today that the cubs are reported in on Harper. Nothing like dropping the cubs name to get the bidding to start.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

All-Star

“a few Garcias to round out the bench”

😂

Pretty sure Philly is the main mover this off. Owner announced that they are getting semi stupid soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    Pretty sure Philly is the main mover this off. Owner announced that they are getting semi stupid soon.
    Phillies would be wise to invest in pitching, not a bat

Phillies would be wise to invest in pitching, not a bat
    I would go Dallas Keuchel, Craig Kimbrel and Yasmani Grandal.

But they have one of the league’s worst D’s so Manny makes sense for them also.

Looking at them more SS is a gaping weakness. So they are going to be 100% on Manny. They need a closer also. That means Kimbrel should be targeted too.

They have power on the corners so Harper is not a high demand. SP are young and they were good at getting strike outs. Jake was the worst of the staff in that regard. They need a lefty to split it up some but that could end up a trade honestly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234