Cohen

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
This past game kind of proves to me that Cohen needs to be starting or at least have more plays either the offense.

He is an absolute nightmare for defenses to cover and opens up a lot more too.

I love Howard but the plays are a bit more easily defined when he’s in there. I’m not saying get rid of the guy, I’m just saying that this type of offense is better served with Cohen as the more featured back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Basically the Bears need to be gameplanning for Cohen and Howard to collectively get 30-35 touches a game. Having both on the field at the same time also makes sense to me. If you are in 2 WR sets then have them both in the backfield. You can always motion Cohen out to the slot and the D will either have to follow him removing the guy the FB or 2nd TE is suppose to block or if they don't then you have a huge mismatch with Cohen and Burton in the passing game against LBs or S. If the D counters with more CBs then you have smaller guys to block.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think you will see one of the two get more touches depending on the gameplan... The Bucs secondary is bad, hence the reason you saw a lot more of Cohen. Thoughts?

TishLover

Liked Posts:
I think match up favored Cohen vs Bucks
Need to see more games than just one

casinnova

Liked Posts:
It will be fun to see a game when Howard trucks for 100 yds and multiple TDs. Nagy knows what Howard can do. Nagy can't be that dense not to pound the rock when it's advantageous or just to manage the downs and let the oline punish the defense a bit and slow down the rush. I certainly hope Howard appreciates the wins and not getting rode into the ground every game. Having both backs in the backfield is just awesome to see. I LOVE YOU HOWARD AND COHEN EQUALLY ... NAGY PLEASE SPREAD THE LOVE AND KEEP HOWARD HAPPY.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We will definitely use Howard more this season, depending on the matchup. But I have a feeling last week's game is more of what we will see in the future for the RB position in this offense. A more power back change of pace to Cohen...

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Cohen will not as effective when the weather turns. Bears should be happy they have both of them and hopefully the split workload keeps them both fresh.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cohen will not as effective when the weather turns. Bears should be happy they have both of them and hopefully the split workload keeps them both fresh.

Why wont Cohen be effective in cold weather? He was fine last season...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why wont Cohen be effective in cold weather? He was fine last season...

I wouldn’t say he won’t be as effective as much as Howard will be more effective. Bad weather promotes north/south running.