IGT: Maple Leafs @ Blackhawks, 10/7. 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kudos to Kane but it wouldn't have happened without Captain's leadership. Hawks fans are so lucky to have both but especially lucky for our great Captain Toews.

Tell your boy to close his legs next time and not get dicked down by a Leafs dman lmfao. Toews is awful.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Off to Cowboys/Texans. From one great (Toews) player and leader to another (Watson). And to think we could have had both of them in this city.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ward is hot garbage

Yeah, not sure why they think these goalies on the backend of their careers are the answer. You see young goalies popping up here and there all the time in this league, at some point they are going to have to give some kid a chance. Crawford wasn't born experienced....he became experienced from playing. Do what you have to do....sign, trade or draft a young goalie and let him play.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, not sure why they think these goalies on the backend of their careers are the answer. You see young goalies popping up here and there all the time in this league, at some point they are going to have to give some kid a chance. Crawford wasn't born experienced....he became experienced from playing. Do what you have to do....sign, trade or draft a young goalie and let him play.

Ivan Nalimov could be the best goalie prospect they have, but we probably won't see him until next year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.secondcityhockey.com/platform/amp/2018/6/13/17461774/chicago-blackhawks-goaltender-prospect-ivan-nalimov-request-trade-rumors-nhl-2018

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That story is exactly what I'm talking about. I honestly have never heard of this guy but I'd take my chances with him right now over the embarrassing group they have now....excepting Crawford.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Delia get a chance next game.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That story is exactly what I'm talking about. I honestly have never heard of this guy but I'd take my chances with him right now over the embarrassing group they have now....excepting Crawford.

They had to have some kind of positive conversation with the guy because he accepted staying here. I am personally excited to hear Pat Foley come up with some nailed by nailimov call. He did break his hand Friday though, and is somehow only supposed to miss 2-3 weeks.

Either way, what a finish last night. Taveras hat trick just a side note to kane scoring game tying goals in 90 seconds. Found a way to sneak out with a point after really being out played most of that game. That two minute in the zone power play by toronto was about as dominating as it gets, while the hawks get zero shots on goal during a 4 minute major.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They had to have some kind of positive conversation with the guy because he accepted staying here. I am personally excited to hear Pat Foley come up with some nailed by nailimov call.

Either way, what a finish last night. Taveras hat trick just a side note to kane scoring game tying goals in 90 seconds. Found a way to sneak out with a point after really being out played most of that game. That two minute in the zone power play by toronto was about as dominating as it gets, while the hawks get zero shots on goal during a 4 minute major.

A guess, Stan told the nail in the coffin if he's good he'd leapfrog into being Crow's backup.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
They had to have some kind of positive conversation with the guy because he accepted staying here. I am personally excited to hear Pat Foley come up with some nailed by nailimov call. He did break his hand Friday though, and is somehow only supposed to miss 2-3 weeks.

There is no such thing as a 4 minute major.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The reason why was Forsberg last season: A young, rookie goalie getting shelled night-in/night-out behind the worst defense the 'hawks have iced since MTV *actually* played music videos.

And let's not forget Crawford spent about 6 years in the A before getting his shot..and even then it took a few before he come into his own.

While Ward did let in that Charmin™ soft goal to end it last night (while Keith, Toews, and Kane were busy playing grabass), he has been making saves that Forsberg never could last year.

The major issue is this: Keith and Seabs are barely middle-pairings right now and are being run roughshod thanks to Q. Stan got no one to help with the D. He also stood pat in goal instead of looking for someone better than Ward on the off chance Crawford is finished.

Throwing Delia or the like into this would be bad. You want the option of a net-minder (preferably one better than Ward) who has been there/done that behind a defense that fails to play defense...even when faced with a very strong opposing offense.

I think a this point you just wait it out...Q should be let go eventually (especially if the O cools down), and hopefully the next gen coach will build around Joker and Boqivst and relegate Keith & Seabs to a lesser role.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Missed the game. Anything good happen?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Missed the game. Anything good happen?

Kane tried to keep the Hawks in the game at the end tying the game TWICE in the final few minutes. Toews took his foot off the gas after 1st and allowed some really lousy goals by the Leafs. He was barely backchecking... was a pathetic display and poor leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.