Status
Not open for further replies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah!!!!

vooodoo of the rask not be forsaken

I celebrated 5-5 and my voodoo swag so hard that I actually turned off the game when they scored #6 and went to bed quite humbled and humiliated.

Lesson learned, point got. Its all good. Phew. What a game!! So good I didn't even make the conclusion. holy shit Kaner.

The heroics of the big names in the late stretches have earned all the points.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The reason why was Forsberg last season: A young, rookie goalie getting shelled night-in/night-out behind the worst defense the 'hawks have iced since MTV *actually* played music videos.

And let's not forget Crawford spent about 6 years in the A before getting his shot..and even then it took a few before he come into his own.

While Ward did let in that Charmin™ soft goal to end it last night (while Keith, Toews, and Kane were busy playing grabass), he has been making saves that Forsberg never could last year.

The major issue is this: Keith and Seabs are barely middle-pairings right now and are being run roughshod thanks to Q. Stan got no one to help with the D. He also stood pat in goal instead of looking for someone better than Ward on the off chance Crawford is finished.

Throwing Delia or the like into this would be bad. You want the option of a net-minder (preferably one better than Ward) who has been there/done that behind a defense that fails to play defense...even when faced with a very strong opposing offense.

I think a this point you just wait it out...Q should be let go eventually (especially if the O cools down), and hopefully the next gen coach will build around Joker and Boqivst and relegate Keith & Seabs to a lesser role.

Crawford was held back by another bad contract...this one to Bullin (not Bowman, Tallon's doing) and then Niemi having a career year in 2010. Forsberg maybe only 25 but he plays like he's 45...some of the slowest reactions I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a goalie that loses sight of where the puck is more than him. That's why Ward is playing.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Missed the game. Anything good happen?

It was playoff caliber hockey the third game of the year, Q actually could not control his scowl after kane tied the game for the second time in 90 seconds. The only other time I saw him smile is when he is being paid for Binnys commercials.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Crawford was held back by another bad contract...this one to Bullin (not Bowman, Tallon's doing) and then Niemi having a career year in 2010. Forsberg maybe only 25 but he plays like he's 45...some of the slowest reactions I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a goalie that loses sight of where the puck is more than him. That's why Ward is playing.

You got your timeline a bit wonky.

Crawford beat Niemi out of camp, but I believe Niemi was waiver-eligible, while Crawford was not in 2010. Thus they started with Niemi as Huet's bckup (who blocked Crawford as much as Khabi--no thanks to McSplash). If Niemi would have failed they would have risked him on waivers to bring up Crawford. Further, back then you also had reentry waivers so starting Niemi in Rockford and bringing him up to replace Crawford meant you risked losing him. Before then Crawford wasn't under any real consideration. Khabi was signed to an albatross contact that makes Seabrook's look okay, then you had McSplash signing Huet, and before then you had such wonderful goaltenders like Brian Boucher (who sucked donkey nuts) and Patrick Lalime.

Between Ward and Forsber IMHO neither are good enough for the defense as is. You're looking at the rarefied air of a guy like Crawford, Hotby, MAF, Rinne, Quick, etc. inhabit. Delia is not that. Maybe someday, but not right now.

IMHO the glaring problem is still the defense itself. Right now, a 19 year old Joker looks like the best all-around defenseman for the team and is outplaying Keith in almost every respect. THAT is a problem. Not that Joker is bad in any real sense nor has he been perfect, but he's a 19 year old rookie and that responsibility should not fall on his shoulders.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am just glad the hawks are winning, otherwise we might have seen Joker get 6 games and go off to some junior team to season, just so they can save a year of control. I dont know if it applies to him, but that has happened alot around here. For all rights, Boqvist should be right next to him as our best d man.

Status
Not open for further replies.