Will someone better than Long take his job this year?

Is this the year the Long gets benched for someone better?

• Yes, any week now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dude just had about 96 surgeries. He's as "healthy" as he'll ever be, and newsflash, he's been well below average this season.

He's accounting for the 4th highest cap hit on the bears this season. That's laughable.

Can you say "fleeced"?
I can't find a pair of those hate Kyle Long tinted glasses anywhere, so we will have to disagree.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't find a pair of those hate Kyle Long tinted glasses anywhere, so we will have to disagree.
How is it hate? I already pointed out he has the 2nd highest combination of QB pressures/hits/sacks on the line this season. While playing freaking RG.

You've refuted with... Well, nothing.

Answer me this: since Long got his contract extension after the 2015 season, what exactly has he done for the Bears?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Cutting Long and Sims this off-season will lead to 13m cap free'd in 2019. That's a huge amount, hardly nickles and dimes.

Side note: can anyone honestly believe that Sims is the 17th highest paid TE? Wtf is that shit..

You still need to put 53 on the roster. You can't cut everyone and have Mack as the lone player.
Sims could be replaced with anyone, we probably have a good enough replacement on PS. He could be a league minimum replacement. Good cut.

Long you need to go looking. Since we don't have a 1st or 2nd next year you're getting into relying on luck in the draft. Pace is pretty good with later rounds so it may work out and keep most of the savings. FA with the same former ability is going to cost just as much.
Your $11.5m likely gets dropped down to Sim's saving minus league minimum or you're risking fielding a worse team.

Looks like we have $20M cap space for 2019 on spotrac with no changes. We don't need to pay a 1st or 2nd round draft pick next year. We're not in cap hell yet.
It's not Mack you need to figure out how to pay, it's any contracts that are up. None for 2019 (oops, looks like I was in 2019 LOL), 11 for 2020 (including Howard). Looks like 2020 is the time for panic.
I'm perfectly OK with upgrading anyone on the team. Downgrading to save money that doesn't need to be saved makes no sense.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How is it hate? I already pointed out he has the 2nd highest combination of QB pressures/hits/sacks on the line this season. While playing freaking RG.

Answer me this: since Long got his contract extension after the 2015 season, what exactly has he done for the Bears?

Ummm his mom is a lawyer, Dad is in the HoF, brother is an NFL Scout.... hbu?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Dude just had about 96 surgeries. He's as "healthy" as he'll ever be, and newsflash, he's been well below average this season.

He's accounting for the 4th highest cap hit on the bears this season. That's laughable.

Can you say "fleeced"?

This year is done and paid for. You can't change that. He's 8th next year.

Oops, looks like I was in the wrong year above. Massie and Kush are up for 2019, White is good as gone. Lynch probably needs a contract. Bellamy, can't let him get away. O'Donnell probably stays. Amos, Cooper, Kush, Cunningham, Brown, Burton, Williams and some cheap dates.

Looks like possible Oline upgrades are Massie and Kush. Coward probably gets a backup contract, or they make him a starter.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Long has impressed me.

Why is this a question? Has he done something I don't know of?

People on here were screaming for Leno to get replaced for years as well which i also never understood and defended him on here just like Long. He isn't playing bad at all but fo9r some reason people just don't like him. I think with his injury history and how active he is on twitter bothers people so they stay on here complaining about him so much that other people latch on to the Long hate. He isn't bad at what he does at all, he isn't great but definitely not bad like some seem to think.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
we are using stats to judge offensive linemen. this is 2018 and we are using stats to judge offensive linemen.

GET YOUR FANGRAPHS BASEBALL BULLSHIT THE HEY-ELL OUT OF MY FOOTBALL

Long gets to the second level better than any offensive lineman in football. Nagy probably has wet dreams about the things Long can do.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Based on whose assessment? I'm not proclaiming he has played like an All Pro, but to say he is shit is just incorrect. The idea that you cut him and then replace him with better for less than the $5.5M cap saved is just ludicrous. You either pay some hack OG less than $5.5M and expect him to play at twice that value or use the Bears first pick next year a 3rd Rnd pick and hope he plays above Longs level. Who in their right mind thinks either scenario is likely.

Your idea of cutting him this offseason is not grounded in anything realistic, just your yet to be explained unhealthy dislike for him.

Oh and as for refuting :

Year ---Team ---G ---GS ----Sacks Allwd ---Yds
2013 ---Chi ---16 --- 16 -----------1.75 ---17.75
2014 ---Chi ---15--- 15 -----------0.00 ----0.00
2015 ---Chi ---16--- 16 -----------8.50 ---47.00
2016 ---Chi ---8 --- 8 -----------0.00 ---0.00
2017 ---Chi ---10--- 9 -----------0.50 ---3.00
2018 --- Chi ---4 ---4 -----------1.00 ---6.0
© 2018 by STATS.

So other than the failed OT experiment he has given up 3.25 sacks in 53 games at RG, 1.5 sacks for 9 yards in 22 games at RG since his extension.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
NoSack used to say the same shit about C.Leno and look at him now.

Long is also coming off of a offseason of having like 3 different surgeries and you can see him out there hurting during games but just keeps on playing.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
giphy.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There isn't anything wrong with Long's play......

It is the injury issue...He has a problem staying healthy. If he has another year missing significant time you certainly have to consider replacing him. Criticizing his play is a fool's errand.

That being said, you will not be able to address a starters position with the next draft. I don't think they will trust a 3rd rounder to start on the oline right away so I just don't see Long going away for at least another year.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
NoSack used to say the same shit about C.Leno and look at him now.

Long is also coming off of a offseason of having like 3 different surgeries and you can see him out there hurting during games but just keeps on playing.
I have literally never criticized Leno. What in the fuck are you talking about? Leno has been so consistent and serviceable for the Bears, and has gotten better every week of every year.

The exact opposite of Long..

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Based on whose assessment? I'm not proclaiming he has played like an All Pro, but to say he is shit is just incorrect. The idea that you cut him and then replace him with better for less than the $5.5M cap saved is just ludicrous. You either pay some hack OG less than $5.5M and expect him to play at twice that value or use the Bears first pick next year a 3rd Rnd pick and hope he plays above Longs level. Who in their right mind thinks either scenario is likely.

Your idea of cutting him this offseason is not grounded in anything realistic, just your yet to be explained unhealthy dislike for him.

Oh and as for refuting :

Year ---Team ---G ---GS ----Sacks Allwd ---Yds
2013 ---Chi ---16 ---16 -----------1.75 ---17.75
2014 ---Chi ---15--- 15 -----------0.00 ----0.00
2015 ---Chi ---16--- 16 -----------8.50 ---47.00
2016 ---Chi ---8 ---8 -----------0.00 ---0.00
2017 ---Chi ---10--- 9 -----------0.50 ---3.00
2018 ---Chi ---4 ---4 -----------1.00 ---6.0
[emoji2398] 2018 by STATS.

So other than the failed OT experiment he has given up 3.25 sacks in 53 games at RG, 1.5 sacks for 9 yards in 22 games at RG since his extension.
My own counts of the all 22 footage I've reviewed.

You can feel free to disagree... Prolly best to put your money where your mouth is and take a bet, then.

You completely dodged Long's availability since 2015, and glanced over the failed experiment of putting him in a more worthwhile position of RT.

You completely dodged the QB pressures, QB hits, and numerous failed rushing attempts on the interior right side.

You're almost not worth arguing with about this. You're clinging to a clearly declining player because of a couple probowls years and years ago. He'll be on the outside looking in next season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have literally never criticized Leno. What in the fuck are you talking about? Leno has been so consistent and serviceable for the Bears, and has gotten better every week of every year.

The exact opposite of Long..

Yes you did and i'm not talking about the last couple of years i'm talking about before he got his extension. Many people on here were criticizing Leno before he got his extension and you were one of them.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes you did and i'm not talking about the last couple of years i'm talking about before he got his extension. Many people on here were criticizing Leno before he got his extension and you were one of them.

No I wasn't.

Please provide proof when you make your accusations. You do this so damn often, but you're honestly just a fucking idiot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My own counts of the all 22 footage I've reviewed.

So hit/hurry/sack totals based on your own unbiased opinion :lmao:

Stats.com... Novak...who to believe....
You can feel free to disagree... Prolly best to put your money where your mouth is and take a bet, then.
Like I would ever trust some anonymous internet personality to pay up.

You completely dodged Long's availability since 2015, and glanced over the failed experiment of putting him in a more worthwhile position of RT.
What's to dodge, he was injured, it's football. He now isn't injured and I assume they would be paying him next season for his play that season, not getting back at him by cutting him for having injuries 2 seasons prior. So , as I said barring major injury he is back next season. Deal with it.

You completely dodged the QB pressures, QB hits, and numerous failed rushing attempts on the interior right side.
Sorry, I don't have access to Novakastats.com to comment on those. What was his grade on the Novakometer? Or at least provide your Novakonumbers of the Bears linemen so we can see how he Novakogrades out.

You're almost not worth arguing with about this. You're clinging to a clearly declining player because of a couple probowls years and years ago. He'll be on the outside looking in next season.
No, I am seeing that saving $5.5M would create a hole that would be more expensive to fill at the same level. You are the one clinging to whatever it is that you are hung up on. I thought your Long hate was an over the top troll job, but I am starting to believe you are serious.

If so, that's funny.

And if you are so obsessed with him as to go back and watch all the line play to give him your Novak stamp of disapproval.

Well that is just sad.

Last edited:

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So hit/hurry/sack totals based on your own unbiased opinion :lmao:

I never asked you to trust my analysis. Go and review the footage your own damn self, dude. Burying your head in the sand accomplishes nothing.

Like I would ever trust some anonymous internet personality to pay up.

Literally have never dodged a bet before. Even payed our village idiot @dabears70 $25 bucks just so his low-life ass could steal it.

What's to dodge, he was injured, it's football. He now isn't injured and I assume they would be paying him next season for his play that season, not getting back at him by cutting him for having injuries 2 seasons prior. So , as I said barring major injury he is back next season. Deal with it.

Disagree, which is why I proposed a bet, that you're dodging.

What was his grade on the Novakometer?

somewhere between shit and below average. He had a pretty good game against TB tho. It's raised his average this season a bit.

No, I am seeing that saving $5.5M would create a hole that would be more expensive to fill at the same level. You are the one clinging to whatever it is that you are hung up on. I thought your Long hate was an over the top troll job, but I am starting to believe you are serious.

If so, that's funny.

There's nothing trolling about wanting the Bears to build a competent roster capable of winning the SB. It takes a bit of luck, but a lot of expert salary cap management. I fully apologize for pointing out the flaws of extending Long. I was right 2 years ago, and i'm still right today.

Thankfully, some of this board is slowly starting to come along...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No, I am seeing that saving $5.5M would create a hole that would be more expensive to fill at the same level.

Do people just not get that, or do they think convincing people on the internet by leaving out important parts of the math will change what the team does?

To get rid of Long in the next 2 years and save money doing it requires a lot of luck in the draft and he probably wouldn't be cut until that luck pans out and is ready to step in as starter.
We already have a highly rated 2nd rounder that wasn't able to beat what we have and start day 1, and that's in a supposedly deep talent year. I'm not seeing the odds of getting a day 1 starter increasing as more and more teams pick through everyone.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Saying you can't find a RG for 5.5m next season to play all 16 games at a below average level is straight up inaccurate. Which, btw, would be an upgrade, because Long hasn't completed a 16 game season in 3 years.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I never asked you to trust my analysis. Go and review the footage your own damn self, dude. Burying your head in the sand accomplishes nothing.

Literally have never dodged a bet before. Even payed our village idiot @dabears70 $25 bucks just so his low-life ass could steal it.

Disagree, which is why I proposed a bet, that you're dodging.

somewhere between shit and below average. He had a pretty good game against TB tho. It's raised his average this season a bit.

There's nothing trolling about wanting the Bears to build a competent roster capable of winning the SB. It takes a bit of luck, but a lot of expert salary cap management. I fully apologize for pointing out the flaws of extending Long. I was right 2 years ago, and i'm still right today.

Thankfully, some of this board is slowly starting to come along...
I think I have seen enough in games to say Long is playing at an above average level at minimum. I don't even watch those condensed replays if the Bears win, surely not going to go review Kyle Long tape for the sake of refuting some internet wack-a mole that is never going to see things through an unfiltered lens.

Because you scream at Kyle Long while watching the All 22 doesn't make you better educated on line play, it just solidifies you incorrect opinion.

Do you really watch and grade Bears games throughout the week after they play?

And if so,why?