Will someone better than Long take his job this year?

Is this the year the Long gets benched for someone better?

• Yes, any week now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
For as maligned as the offensive line has been....All stats for each team as of week 4.

Live long and beef block.

2018-10-08.png

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Saying you can't find a RG for 5.5m next season to play all 16 games at a below average level is straight up inaccurate. Which, btw, would be an upgrade, because Long hasn't completed a 16 game season in 3 years.

Saying you save that whole amount cutting a starter is also inaccurate unless you already have the replacement waiting on the bench. You're not wanting to cut Long to pay for anyone but Long's replacement.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think I have seen enough in games to say Long is playing at an above average level at minimum. I don't even watch those condensed replays if the Bears win, surely not going to go review Kyle Long tape for the sake of refuting some internet wack-a mole that is never going to see things through an unfiltered lens.

Because you scream at Kyle Long while watching the All 22 doesn't make you better educated on line play, it just solidifies you incorrect opinion.

Do you really watch and grade Bears games throughout the week after they play?

And if so,why?
It is extremely hard to judge interior line play without reviewing all 22 footage, because the broadcast angle shown during games is actual horseshit at showing anything meaningful. Same with wide receivers and defensive backs.

Saying you've "seen enough" without seeing the all-22 makes no sense. You've seen virtually nothing. You're simply parroting what you've confirmed by reading other meatballs opinions.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Saying you save that whole amount cutting a starter is also inaccurate unless you already have the replacement waiting on the bench. You're not wanting to cut Long to pay for anyone but Long's replacement.
Sign a stop-gap, draft a potential replacement. At worse you break even, at best you have guys that have a much better chance to play more games healthy.

You also get younger in the process.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It is extremely hard to judge interior line play without reviewing all 22 footage, because the broadcast angle shown during games is actual horseshit at showing anything meaningful. Same with wide receivers and defensive backs.

Saying you've "seen enough" without seeing the all-22 makes no sense. You've seen virtually nothing. You're simply parroting what you've confirmed by reading other meatballs opinions.

Whatever. All I know is if healthy enough to play Long will be a Bear next year. The Bears have nurtured an image of a team that rewards its own, which has benefited them with players. To think they are going to cut a guy that has given his body for the team and is playing , by everyone not named Novak's standard, well, and replace him with a lesser talented scrub or mid round draft pick, is purely your hate fantasy.

Last edited:

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whatever. All I know is if healthy enough to play Long will be a Bear next year. The Bears have nurtured an image of a team that rewards its own, which has benefited them with players. To think they are going to cut a guy that has given his body for the team and is playing , by everyone not named Novak's standard, well, and replace him with a lesser talented scrub or mid round draft pick, is purely your hate fantasy.

It's not "everyone's" standard, more head in the sand.

We'll review this thread in the off-season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Long really has been exceptional this season.

He is a huge reason that the Bears OL is protecting the way they are.

Personally, I have 0 interest in replacing him.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sign a stop-gap, draft a potential replacement. At worse you break even, at best you have guys that have a much better chance to play more games healthy.

You also get younger in the process.

Like I said, I'm always for upgrading any player, nobody is beyond the reach of my scissors. But breaking even is not paying for anyone.
Saying you want someone cut to pay for someone else is generally rationalizing to make the cut sound better.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Video games are for kids. Not professionals.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I never asked you to trust my analysis. Go and review the footage your own damn self, dude. Burying your head in the sand accomplishes nothing.

Literally have never dodged a bet before. Even payed our village idiot @dabears70 $25 bucks just so his low-life ass could steal it.

Disagree, which is why I proposed a bet, that you're dodging.

somewhere between shit and below average. He had a pretty good game against TB tho. It's raised his average this season a bit.

There's nothing trolling about wanting the Bears to build a competent roster capable of winning the SB. It takes a bit of luck, but a lot of expert salary cap management. I fully apologize for pointing out the flaws of extending Long. I was right 2 years ago, and i'm still right today.

Thankfully, some of this board is slowly starting to come along...

You be trollin.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

What are your credentials for considering yourself someone who can judge an NFL o-lineman anyway? Were you a o-line coach or any kind of coach at the NFL or even college level at anytime in your young life?

I think K.Long blocked you on twitter and you're just mad at him about it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bottom line is Long is good, but not worth his current contract. The writing is on the wall, and he will be gone in 6 months or 18. If he wants to stay he can re-sign at a fair rate, or he can go play with his brother or for the Raiders in Vegas. Would be a good splash in new market get in a Raiders cap for them. Maybe with his bro too.

Daniels and/or Whitehair can already replace his effectiveness. Love him while we got him, no reason not to. The guy plays hurt for us, for respect in his family. That sets an example and he is worth every penny. He should be loved by every Bear fan. In this day and age few guys are willing to play hurt for this game.

He has done it more than once. He fights to stay on the field, has been through hell for damage to his body taken for our enjoyment.

(I am holding out hope that we can retain Long, Fangio, Amos and some of the guys for 2019 if only for 2019...I think that year is a legitimate superbowl window, and despite early signs, that we still miss the playoffs in 2018 and get to build momentum allah 1985 via hard knocks and sensationist publicity with the momentum they are building this year, and attraction of even more free agent help, we should be destination for some "prove it" deals for veterans)

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What are your credentials for considering yourself someone who can judge an NFL o-lineman anyway? Were you a o-line coach or any kind of coach at the NFL or even college level at anytime in your young life?

I think K.Long blocked you on twitter and you're just mad at him about it.
I played college ball.

And no, I won't disclose where/what team etc.

Who are you?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I played college ball.

Who are you?

So you have zero credentials for coaching o-lineman....got it.

And i think everyone doubts you played any football.

Carry on NoSack

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you have zero credentials for coaching o-lineman....got it.

And i think everyone doubts you played any football.

Carry on NoSack

What credentials does anyone on this messageboard have for judging anything? Do you have a smidgen of brane rolling around in that noggin?

And absolutely no one cares what you believe or don't believe. You asked, I answered.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I played college ball.

Who are you?

I did too. But the school wasn't big enough to have a team. We got together for semi-tackle in the park. I think the NFL is moving towards sem-tackle.