The difference between Eric Kush and James Daniels in two plays

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
https://beargoggleson.com/2018/10/06/difference-eric-kush-james-daniels-two-plays/ --------- > See rest of the article here.

It seems as though the writing is on the wall for James Daniels to start over Eric Kush. For the Chicago Bears, it is exciting to see a second round rookie get onto the field so early into his career. However, there could be some real schematic advantages that open up the offense with this move.

James Daniels is younger and more athletic than Eric Kush. We know that. Combine that with the awareness of an award-winning Iowa center, and you have a player who will be much better at pulling and getting involved in the screen game.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Is Eric kush really looking into his own backfield on that play how is this motherfucker an offensive linemen in the NFL.

He must be a good teammate, because the difference is night and day.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When will people listen to HawkBear?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kush has been the worst offensive lineman on the Bears this season. Daniels should have replaced him week 1.

This is a little concerning, either Daniels is too Special person to pick up the playbook or linemen reads, or the coaching staff is inept. Either one is kinda shitty.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Takes time for rookies to get up to game speed sometimes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be fair on screens the backside OLmen is often suppose to look to peel back on any defender that is closing on the screen if they don’t have immediate work in front of him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That being said, James Daniels is better and he can play.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Eric kush really looking into his own backfield on that play how is this motherfucker an offensive linemen in the NFL.

lol, he was waiting for the pass
what a dumbfuck

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Kush has been the worst offensive lineman on the Bears this season. Daniels should have replaced him week 1.

This is a little concerning, either Daniels is too Special person to pick up the playbook or linemen reads, or the coaching staff is inept. Either one is kinda shitty.

My guess is the playbook is actually really complex and instead of limiting the plays you can run and opening the offense up to possible errors they made sure he had it fight before putting it out there.

1 it protects the offense and the playcaller
2 It protects the player from scrutiny and possible unwarranted blame.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
what a dumbfuck
Oh yeah fuck hard i guess massi and Long were just sucking each others dick away from the line of scrimmage looking the wrong way.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kush is more experienced and right now the better player. Lets not kid ourselves based on screen passes

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
what a dumbfuck

You mean he isn't supposed to run 5 yards upfield and block people before the ball's away?

Daniels fucked up on a screen pass by late recognition and pickup, forcing him back into the catcher causing an incompletion but overall he's looked VG and should start soon.

Watching his play, I think the G move is a good one. That mobility will come in handy to spring guys at the edge like in the vid. He's also got a good anchor and will only get stronger at the point of attack. He's gonna be a good one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be fair on screens the backside OLmen is often suppose to look to peel back on any defender that is closing on the screen if they don’t have immediate work in front of him.

Yeah seems obvious Kush is suppose to seal off anyone that may attempt to tackle the RB from behind and the RB already has two lead blockers.

In the clip with Daniels, it appears 72 is the one that is suppose to block behind him with Daniels forming one of the 2 lead blockers.

I would say Kush was still too slow to turn his head around once it was clear no one was in position to make a tackle from behind. Should have been able to quickly check and then swing back forward which if he had, he probably makes a block on the dude with the dreads that forces the cutback.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You mean he isn't supposed to run 5 yards upfield and block people before the ball's away?

Daniels fucked up on a screen pass by late recognition and pickup, forcing him back into the catcher causing an incompletion but overall he's looked VG and should start soon.

Watching his play, I think the G move is a good one. That mobility will come in handy to spring guys at the edge like in the vid. He's also got a good anchor and will only get stronger at the point of attack. He's gonna be a good one.
Wrong the play youre referring to was snuffed out from the beginning there were 2 defenders in the area and Mitch still threw him the ball.