Flags, Flags and more Flags

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Since the Bears didn't play this week, the kids and I surfed gamepass and watched other games all day. My kids eventually got tired of all the stoppage because of " the guys keep getting into trouble" they eventually went outside to play. When I was a child I was glued to the set, there is no way I wolud be anywhere but on front of the TV. I hear about the kneeling, Trump, the concussions and all that being the reason for a drop in veiwers, I think the penalties are the main reason. There is a flag every 5 or 6 plays. It kills the momentum and it kills the experience. As a league the NFL has to get back to roots and leave this pansy powderpuff stuff alone. This is a modern gladiator sport , guys are gonna get hurt QBs are gonna get taken out and guys are gonna get concussions. All these rules are doing is softening up the game to the point that we have a watered down version of what the " Old guys" used to talk about being football. This is almost unwatchable. Beardown

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
cant hit a quarterback high, cant lie on the ground and make a quarterback sit on top of you so he does not hit the ground, even when you are getting pushed in the back and falling down.

Just put a lighted vest on these guys so it goes off when someone gets close and call it a day.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I was thinking yesterday. I can't think of the last time I've even seen a kickoff return. Touch back every time. On punt returns there is a block in the back called probably 60% of the time. The NFL is clearly trying to eliminate these plays because the are considered too dangerous. Don't even get me started on the late hits and defensive holding calls. The NFL is treating it's fans like drug addicts. The it doesn't matter if the product is good, you are still going to buy it mentality is the issue.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Blaming the refs is for losers.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think penalties are hurting the game. I feel like every year over the last few years, I see articles like "Penalties up 20% from last season."

Most of these penalties may be legitimate, but they're increasing due to rule changes.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Offensive linemen trying to draw defensive linemen offside and then standing up to blow the play dead is much less compelling than the old "free play" dynamic. Undoing that would be nice.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Last year bears were close to the bottom 5 in penalties per game. So far in 2018, they are in the top 5.

Gresher

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
cant hit a quarterback high, cant lie on the ground and make a quarterback sit on top of you so he does not hit the ground, even when you are getting pushed in the back and falling down.

Just put a lighted vest on these guys so it goes off when someone gets close and call it a day.

Steeler LB Jack Lambert said it best back in 1979

[video=youtube;IxDUCaUYhnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDUCaUYhnw[/video]