Bench Seabrookzival

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude looks god awful out there.

He is slow and tripping over his own feet, and I think I was in high school the last time he hit someone.

I just checked his +/- and he is somehow at a 0.... he must be hopping off the ice just before the puck enters the net.

I love Seabs for what he did for the Hawks, but the guy can't even hold down a 3rd pair and Q is playing him on our 2nd pairing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The time has come...

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
6.8m anchor. Stan needs to learn how to pay players for what they will be worth; not what they have done. The reason for this anchor of a contract

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude looks god awful out there.

He is slow and tripping over his own feet, and I think I was in high school the last time he hit someone.

I just checked his +/- and he is somehow at a 0.... he must be hopping off the ice just before the puck enters the net.

I love Seabs for what he did for the Hawks, but the guy can't even hold down a 3rd pair and Q is playing him on our 2nd pairing.

Remember how many seasons Rosival kept coming back when no one thought he should?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoping for a long term "upper body" injury

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seabs certainly has not been good but he also hasn't been as bad as some are making him out to be. He needs to alter his game a bit, something that good players do when age starts creeping up on them. His biggest problem is getting caught up ice....he needs to be a stay at home dman and pair him with someone who can carry the puck up ice and is fast enough to get back. That used to be Keith...it can't be him anymore. Maybe someone like Forsling when he gets back.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gotta use him. His contract is a titanic anchor.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seabs certainly has not been good but he also hasn't been as bad as some are making him out to be. He needs to alter his game a bit, something that good players do when age starts creeping up on them. His biggest problem is getting caught up ice....he needs to be a stay at home dman and pair him with someone who can carry the puck up ice and is fast enough to get back. That used to be Keith...it can't be him anymore. Maybe someone like Forsling when he gets back.

In the Glory days he was a top pairing Dman, now an overpaid 3rd pairing Dman.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the Glory days he was a top pairing Dman, now an overpaid 3rd pairing Dman.

Spunk, you can't blame him for that. You look at Bowman. If someone offered me millions to do a job that I kind of knew I wouldn't be that good at anymore...I'm fairly certain I'd take the money and run with it. Before Q, before Mac, before any player....it's Bowman who should be getting his walking papers.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Watching the Toronto game pretty closely, I saw Keith check someone trying to pinch the puck in at the blue line, led to a break away.

A few days ago I posted something along the lines that Seabrook is faster than a guy he puts on his wallet, but neither keith or seabrook can catch anyone up the ice anymore. Did you see that shot Keith put on goal, against Ward from the corner? I really dont know how this next wave of defenders are going to develop when these guys are the bar. I think Seabrook needs to pick his opportunities, but yeah, last hit I remember was 2015.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want to bench him, just its time to Rozysaur him. Limit his ice to effectual moments, take some games off, but moments you can count on against most especially rested and provide some offense. He earned the checks. Get the best/most out of him by limiting.

When Forsling gets back its time to start getting keith to a reasonable ice time number. Would he not be better with less minutes? Especially over a long season?

He cannot shoot worth a damn anymore, take him off the power play and thats 3-6 minutes right there. Gus, seabrook, joker can share it.

Joker probably isn't ready to go #1 all season yet. But use his ability to take some load off Keith...play him in the role to a limited extent, and get that fucking number down to aging veteran defenseman level. Keith can play the important #1 minutes, just break Joker into the role some every night. ??? no?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
He's not going anywhere.

He can still be a serviceable D-man if they shelter him on the third pairing and give him more favorable matchups. But they've got him and Manning handling the bulk of defensive zone draws and that seems like a bad idea.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
He's not going anywhere.

He can still be a serviceable D-man if they shelter him on the third pairing and give him more favorable matchups. But they've got him and Manning handling the bulk of defensive zone draws and that seems like a bad idea.

And in Stan's wisdom he chucked in a NMC into his contract......

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't want to bench him, just its time to Rozysaur him. Limit his ice to effectual moments, take some games off, but moments you can count on against most especially rested and provide some offense. He earned the checks. Get the best/most out of him by limiting.

When Forsling gets back its time to start getting keith to a reasonable ice time number. Would he not be better with less minutes? Especially over a long season?

He cannot shoot worth a damn anymore, take him off the power play and thats 3-6 minutes right there. Gus, seabrook, joker can share it.

Joker probably isn't ready to go #1 all season yet. But use his ability to take some load off Keith...play him in the role to a limited extent, and get that fucking number down to aging veteran defenseman level. Keith can play the important #1 minutes, just break Joker into the role some every night. ??? no?

This, in motherfucking spades.

Slowly start giving Joker some more on-ice responsibility and when he hits his limit...dial back a bit. Q also has to keep in mind Joker s a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. Keith did in 2006 and turned out fine. Putting Joker in a situation where he's out of his depth and then Q assigning him to fetch off Eddie-O once he makes a little mistake that Keith or Hedman would make in the same situation helps no one (as Q is known to do).

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's strange how before the season there was a lot of talk in the media about how much Seabs worked out in the off season and he was in his best shape ever. I see no difference from last year.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's strange how before the season there was a lot of talk in the media about how much Seabs worked out in the off season and he was in his best shape ever. I see no difference from last year.

I was hoping it would be a bounce back year. I would like to see his minutes reduced; keep him on PP2, but look to keep him limited on the PK.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He looks worse, if anything.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He looks worse, if anything.

meh...old guy...season start...3 in 4. Schedulers fucking hate us.

back to back @blues to start? fuck off with that shit. Gave us the worst team on opening night. I mean if you look at the Blackhawks schedule last year cynically it was a massive fuck you to the Hawks from start to finish in every possible way.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
This, in motherfucking spades.

Slowly start giving Joker some more on-ice responsibility and when he hits his limit...dial back a bit. Q also has to keep in mind Joker s a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. Keith did in 2006 and turned out fine. Putting Joker in a situation where he's out of his depth and then Q assigning him to fetch off Eddie-O once he makes a little mistake that Keith or Hedman would make in the same situation helps no one (as Q is known to do).

Agreed to an extent, if he stays up with the big club he will inevitably run into that rookie wall around midway, he's gonna fade but IDC because when your team has bottom-5 level talent it just doesn't really matter too much.