Did Trubisky start using cheat sheets?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Looking at game 4 his left arm band grew. Checked videos of games 1, 2 & 3, short wrist bands.

They weren't focusing on him enough to notice him reading from it and I didn't get a good view to be sure that's what it is.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think his success in the last game was due to the fact they simplied the O for him by cutting down on the playbook, as a result he had a lot less to think about and could make quicker decisions.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I think his success in the last game was due to the fact they simplied the O for him by cutting down on the playbook, as a result he had a lot less to think about and could make quicker decisions.

I completely agree with this!!!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of the reads, not all, were to one side of the field. I'm sure that helped.

Frankly his success was due to his ability to throw unmolested quite often.

If Miami is smart they will blitz like Arizona did. If they don't, they really need to keep a healthy, intelligent zone and disguise a few defenses.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Looking at game 4 his left arm band grew. Checked videos of games 1, 2 & 3, short wrist bands.

They weren't focusing on him enough to notice him reading from it and I didn't get a good view to be sure that's what it is.

Cheat sheet ? Lol what... the whole point of those arm bands is for that purpose no matter how big it is.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

I wouldn't say Trubisky did better because they "simplied" by cutting down the playbook. There's some facts that deny that. Considering they ran many of the same plays they ran before, but Trubisky actually hit the receivers accurately this time.. Simplifying the offense for Trubisky would imply more of Jordan Howard, more of a running game. It looks like he had more on his plate this game than any other. During practice, they might have cut some plays out early in the week, but hell that should happen every week if the QB doesn't like what he's seeing or isn't grasping it.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It helps that he was throwing to wide open receivers most of the time

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say Trubisky did better because they "simplied" by cutting down the playbook. There's some facts that deny that. Considering they ran many of the same plays they ran before, but Trubisky actually hit the receivers accurately this time.. Simplifying the offense for Trubisky would imply more of Jordan Howard, more of a running game. It looks like he had more on his plate this game than any other. During practice, they might have cut some plays out early in the week, but hell that should happen every week if the QB doesn't like what he's seeing or isn't grasping it.

IIRC, Nagy said he was going to do just that (simplify the O) prior to the game.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Or Tampa just simply sucked

They had no pass rush

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
It helps that he was throwing to wide open receivers most of the time

Allen robinson burton tds were not wide open after he throws the football.fact. Your fastest player on the field Gabriel will eventually get open there is no way around it. Only pass that was wide open was burtons long reception but the design of the play is what made him open and trubisky getting enough time in the pocket allowed the play to be successful. Bellamy scores no matter what even if a corner follows him. A safety could of tried to make it over there but no chance.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheat sheet or not, we’re about to find out what is going on in 2-4 weeks. I think a few things may be happening. Nagy drew up a game plan that MT clearly liked and understood. If that was “simplifying things, so be it. I don’t really think it was because they didn’t run that much and he hit a number of different receivers. It isn’t like he focused on one or two guys. I am not sure that TB has a defense we want as our opponent baseline. I think MT is gaining confidence with experience. The game may be slowing down for him.

And having a defense that is serving a man-sized beat down tends to relax an offense. If that continues, MT’s future looks all the more promising.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Does it look like he switched to a cheat sheet or not?

I've often wondered why Bears QBs tend to not use them. I think I remember Cutler trying one once.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not sure I understand the thesis of this thread.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
From what I heard is that they kept using the same plays but swapped the receivers so that the opposing team won't notice, it made it easy for Mitch.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Miami is the perfect gauge to see if Tampa was a fluke or not

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No images?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No images?

You're not a "real" Bear fan and record every game you can? I'll see if I can find something to screen shot. If not I can get it in my video editor but that will take longer.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Allen robinson burton tds were not wide open after he throws the football.fact. Your fastest player on the field Gabriel will eventually get open there is no way around it. Only pass that was wide open was burtons long reception but the design of the play is what made him open and trubisky getting enough time in the pocket allowed the play to be successful. Bellamy scores no matter what even if a corner follows him. A safety could of tried to make it over there but no chance.

Even on that Burton play it wasn't just an easy wide open toss.

Adam Hoge posted this on twitter. On the Burton play, he's not wide open when he let go of the ball. Just had a step. The corner falls down while the ball is in the air.

DohD2atW4AAjFYP.jpg

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Screen shots. OMG NFL.com sucks so hard now.

Bucs
attachment.php

Trub1.jpg

Seahawks
attachment.php

trub2.jpg