Bears sign Bryan Witzmann

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kansas City Chiefs
Witzmann was claimed off waivers by the Kansas City Chiefs on September 4, 2016.[6] On July 27, 2017, he signed a one-year contract extension with the Chiefs through 2018.[7]

In 2017, Witzmann played in all 16 games, starting 13 at left guard for the Chiefs.

On September 3, 2018, Witzmann was released by the Chiefs after losing the starting left guard job to Cameron Erving.[8]

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Have to diminish Howard's playing, he's got a contract coming up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Kansas City Chiefs
Witzmann was claimed off waivers by the Kansas City Chiefs on September 4, 2016.[6] On July 27, 2017, he signed a one-year contract extension with the Chiefs through 2018.[7]

In 2017, Witzmann played in all 16 games, starting 13 at left guard for the Chiefs.

On September 3, 2018, Witzmann was released by the Chiefs after losing the starting left guard job to Cameron Erving.[8]

Plays left guard AND outside linebacker. Sweet! Saves a roster spot.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Giants are gonna release Ereck Flowers. Might be worth a look as a replacement for Massie in the offseason.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
We have our new fullback, boyos... The Grasu experiment is officially over.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the Giants are gonna release Ereck Flowers. Might be worth a look as a replacement for Massie in the offseason.

lol...I guess you haven't seen Flowers play. lol

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
It’s old man Wittzman’s kid done good. From the old block.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Good in run blocking. He's a gift for Howard.

He can also play RT.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This signing to me smells more of the dual concern of Kush underperforming and Long looking suspect at times in terms of ability due to pain, or suspension of disbelief that he will hobble through an entire season unscathed especially if he is limited and can't protect himself with the same power and agility he used to have.

I really don't think Daniels has disappointed in any way, or underperformed. He has been nothing but a godsend from the moment he kept dropping...he became a wish...and dropped some more...even blocking their true second round target in Miller once they thought about it.

He moves like a revelation at either position. I am positive they are confident he can step in any day...but he is what? 20, 21? I'm sure they just want to ease him in, get him wet, and keep him from a 16-19 game schedule as a rookie.

Learning on the job with limited reps is awesome for him. Awesome for the vets in reducing minutes. And awesome for the film room to push everyone.

Daniels will surpass Kush, but new guy will be next man up if Long goes down...imo...with less hurt feelings

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What's with all these new award stickers? I must've missed the memo explaining the roll-out.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Nagy yesterday, Kush and Daniels will continue to share time......

As the season goes on it is nice to have extra lineman. They probably thought he had more upside for this season than any of the other guys out there.....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can play OG and OT

Knows the system

Didn't suck when playing with Nagy last season

Might as well see what Heistand can do. The Bears have been very fortunate, knock on wood, with OL injuries to this point.

kerschbs

Liked Posts:

Dear god please no. I live in Giants territory and watch a lot of them, he is absolutely terrible and was benched earlier this year. As a general rule of thumb, stay far away from scraps from that o-line.