Anyone else think Fangio could end up getting a HC job at year's end?

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
This is his first year ever in the NFL. It’s Nagys offense. There is NO way he gets a HC offer after this year.

NFL? No.
NCAA? He will be in the discussion at a few school if this keeps up.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Remember lions were foisting the old oc in any of their hc candidates so it made it easier for them to go that route

I don’t follow whacky ass Titans idk who else they looked at. I know the owner there meddles and needs to be medicated

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its funny that people are so dismissive of this idea based on almost nothing.

Fangio will for sure get interview offers. Whether they are serious or not, who knows. But his name is going to come up a lot this offseason.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Its funny that people are so dismissive of this idea based on almost nothing.

Fangio will for sure get interview offers. Whether they are serious or not, who knows. But his name is going to come up a lot this offseason.

Undoubtedly. There is a decent chance the Bears have the only real elite defense in the NFL this year and if that winds up being the case the architect of it is going to be a discussed name.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
My fear is that one of the new start up leagues like the XFL of AAFL will throw a bunch of money at guys like Fangio and other good assistants who have been passed over for HC jobs. They are going to have a lot of positions to fill and it sounds like the xfl is serious about spending Monday. They threw a ton of money at Andrew Lucks dad to be the commissioner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
My fear is that one of the new start up leagues like the XFL of AAFL will throw a bunch of money at guys like Fangio and other good assistants who have been passed over for HC jobs. They are going to have a lot of positions to fill and it sounds like the xfl is serious about spending Monday. They threw a ton of money at Andrew Lucks dad to be the commissioner

No way. Literally zero chance Vic Fangio goes to the XFL. It would be humiliating and the guy has made a steady coordinators living for long enough that I doubt he needs the coins THAT bad.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Fangio has two things working against him: Age and league trends. Defensive-minded head coaches aren't the hot thing anymore, and I don't think that's coming back anytime soon the way the rules are set up. Fangio's time to be a HC was when he was with SF. I think the Bears are safe.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No. And it seemed like a weird thing for the commentators to say last game.

Nothing against Fangio. He's a fantastic DC. But (1) his time has passed to be a head coach and the current NFL atmosphere is not to hire a 60-year-old first time defensive coach, and (2) he doesn't really have the will to schmooze that's needed in a coach.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that his personality, not his acumen, hurts him in HC interviews.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seattle, Houston have tradition, and Tampa Bay may have a need...that will at least put him in the interview room.

His personality hurts sometimes, but as a football guy he is more of a love him or hate him type, HE HAS FANS ACROSS THE LEAGUE IN HIGH PLACES.

The other surprise candidate that makes sense...actually...is worst nightmare scenario, the Packers if McCarthy takes the fall. A GM might say...ok...I have Aaron Rodgers, lets have him get a QB coach, OC he can control a bit, and work together to have an offense rodgers is comfortable running and responsible for. Allah Manning toward the end, his coaches were learning from him as much as teaching. errr...I mean Fox and under 40 yo Pace standing there with thumbs up their ass while Manning and Phillips ran a football show. It wasn't until Fox had seen the greatest aerial assault ever for 2 years they nerfed playcalling due to lost arm power. But lets be real, you don't call plays for Peyton Manning, he calls them at the line and so can Rodgers. They don't need or want a real OC anymore.

Both Houston and the Packers would have the personnel Fangio could talk excitedly about and show a plan to work with on defense, promising a team functionality on that side of the ball. Seattle, Houston, and the Packers all have the core on offense to be stable and bring in a defensive head coach.

So no...I don't think its out of the realm at all given the likely firings.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt he interviews very well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'll hire him if he brings Khalil Mack

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man I hope not.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I very much hope not but it'd be hard to say. If the Bears D continues to play well, it'd be hard not to see him at least getting some interest around the league. It'd very much depend on which teams are going to need HCs. I really hope that the idea of keeping around an elite D would entice Fangio to stick around, but maybe he's always wanted a HC opportunity and wouldn't wanna pass anything up if it came.

The bigger question is IF Fangio leaves, who replaces him??? Is there anyone on the Bears current staff that would be of any use? Would Donatell follow Fangio or take up the DC position? Would you go hire from outside? If so, who would be promising or worth pursuing? It'd be very, very hard to replace someone of Fangio's accumen.