Anyone else think Fangio could end up getting a HC job at year's end?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Fangio strikes me as a guy who's a long-term, great DC like LeBeau, and kinda like Wade Phillips now that's got his bad head coaching out of him.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some people are better as coordinators than head-coaches (Buddy Ryan, Wade Phillips). I can't say for certain that Fangio would be the same, but I have my suspicions.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
I think the trend is to go with younger wiz-kid coaches at this juncture.

I kind of like this thread for another reason as to evaluate which coaches are on the HOT SEAT and who we can see getting canned at the end of the year.

1: Hue Jackson (CLE): Record speaks for itself. Get a new coach to take that team to the next level.

2: Todd Bowles (NYJ): He's entering year 4 with a new QB, but perhaps another underachieving season (likely in the AFC East) will lead the team to investigate a new direction because of the fact they have a new QB.

-Rams draft Goff. After first season, fire defensive minded head coach for offensive minded head coach.

Bears draft Trubisky. After first, fire defensive minded head coach for offensive minded head coach.

Notice a trend?

3: Dirk Koetter (TB): I think Koetter is in a tough spot. The offense is productive, but their defense is just mediocre in a high powered division that features Brees, Ryan, and Newton. Despite Atlanta's record, I still see them as the fourth team in the division and another disappointing season from the Bucs and Koetter will probably get them to pull the plug.

4: Jason Garrett (DAL): Garrett is in danger of having another mediocre season. Garrett has hung on to his job because every time it seems they will pull the plug, his teams have a good season/win the division. My guess is that if they fail to make the playoffs this year, Garrett gets axed.

Those will likely be landing spots for potential new head coaches. If Fangio were to leave, it would be to one of those locales which I do not see happening.

So question is, who gets fired and who lands where?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would he leave now? He's got an elite DEF to run.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Fangio's decision to stay with CHI seems more like he's putting aside any aspirations he had to be a HC and perhaps ride into the sun set with CHI. It's pretty safe to say that he didn't know that Mack was going to be on this team and that this team/defense was going to be so good.

A new headcoach, young QB, there were a lot of unknowns of this team at the start of the offseason.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not many hot offensive coaches out there..so he probably has a shot. John Defilipo and Matt Lafleur and Steve Sarkisian are probably the only OCs that are poised for HC gigs. So Fangio could find himself interviewing for a couple of HC gigs

Steve Sarkisian? God bless the moron that hires him as their head coach because he's setting one foot out the door with that move.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
No way. Literally zero chance Vic Fangio goes to the XFL. It would be humiliating and the guy has made a steady coordinators living for long enough that I doubt he needs the coins THAT bad.

Yeah you're probably right. Those positions will go to guys that have washed out of the league like the Singletary's of the coaching world.

I had heard a radio personality mention it a few months back when they hired Oliver Luck and I just thought it may seem like a good opportunity for someone with no head coaching experience to build a resume and possibly springboard to the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that the HC time has passed Vic by.

He is also apparently getting paid what a new HC makes, so there is no financial reason for him to leave.

He could be DC here for the next 10 years if he wants making 4 million/season. That is a lot of security and cash to leave on the table.